ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster sets official visit

5b876c11e339c-iowa%2097%20visitors.jpg

Reactions: Franisdaman
How many on this board will be going crazy about the Hawkeyes wasting their time and money. Not very good odds but once I did date a beautiful women, so miracles do happen once in a while:rolleyes:

This sets up to be a really nice visitor weekend for the Hawkeyes! All 4 will be on officials so they are taking this pretty seriously. You never know!

Go Hawkeyes!

Fran needs to land Foster. Period. If you cannot land the best talent in your state that is not your son nor a local kid, you show be prepping to move. Sorry. Wieskamp is a great start but like Gatens(Bohannon), easier to recruit more local boys. Foster is national talent. He may last in any program up to 3 years at bigs are always sought by the NBA. Iowa has to find multiple reasons for him to come there that merits that choice. Playing time is not enough. NCAA Sweet 16 is a nice start. Developing NBA players would be nicer.

I've said it before, we need more energy from our staff at Iowa. Dillard and Speraw are over 60 and are not going anywhere but the buffet at Sizzler's at 4 p.m. Andrew Francis does not seem like a guy looking to move up the coaching ranks. Not a leader of young men. Not trying to be mean, just honest. We needed a Dean Oliver back in this program. Someone who is working his way up the coaching ranks, played some pro ball, knows the Iowa Program and loves it, has a finger on the pulse of today's kids, and can recruit with great passion. Am I missing something? Tell me where I am wrong. Go Hawks!

Reactions: kcgolfer
Isn't it a little unusual for a prospect to take an official visit as a junior? You only get one official visit per school, right?

Seems like a positive sign. Good to see the staff going all-in early on Foster. I think that is a key for local kids -- wrap them up early. Most of the local stars we've kept home have committed early in the process.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
Fran needs to land Foster. Period. If you cannot land the best talent in your state that is not your son nor a local kid, you show be prepping to move. Sorry. Wieskamp is a great start but like Gatens(Bohannon), easier to recruit more local boys. Foster is national talent. He may last in any program up to 3 years at bigs are always sought by the NBA. Iowa has to find multiple reasons for him to come there that merits that choice. Playing time is not enough. NCAA Sweet 16 is a nice start. Developing NBA players would be nicer.

I've said it before, we need more energy from our staff at Iowa. Dillard and Speraw are over 60 and are not going anywhere but the buffet at Sizzler's at 4 p.m. Andrew Francis does not seem like a guy looking to move up the coaching ranks. Not a leader of young men. Not trying to be mean, just honest. We needed a Dean Oliver back in this program. Someone who is working his way up the coaching ranks, played some pro ball, knows the Iowa Program and loves it, has a finger on the pulse of today's kids, and can recruit with great passion. Am I missing something? Tell me where I am wrong. Go Hawks!

There's a Sizzler in Iowa City?!?!?!?!

Isn't it a little unusual for a prospect to take an official visit as a junior? You only get one official visit per school, right?

Seems like a positive sign. Good to see the staff going all-in early on Foster. I think that is a key for local kids -- wrap them up early. Most of the local stars we've kept home have committed early in the process.
There are new rules though that allow Junior official visits. They also now allow up to 15 official visits for a kid. So you get 5 to take your junior year. Then I think it is 5 between junior and senior year and 5 for your senior year. What is interesting too is that I believe you can visit the same school multiple times. So in theory he could take an OV to Iowa now, then in the Summer and then next Fall or Spring.

Reactions: Lumas Etima
There are new rules though that allow Junior official visits. They also now allow up to 15 official visits for a kid. So you get 5 to take your junior year. Then I think it is 5 between junior and senior year and 5 for your senior year. What is interesting too is that I believe you can visit the same school multiple times. So in theory he could take an OV to Iowa now, then in the Summer and then next Fall or Spring.
Thanks for the info!

46c.gif

Pretty sure Dillard (along with Fran, of course) is heading up Foster’s recruitment. No better way to ensure Iowa misses out on Foster than to fire the coach he and his father have built the strongest relationship with.

Reactions: Bravehawk56

This mindset blows my mind. You don’t think joe was a national recruit? I bet he ends up ranked higher than foster.

While it is possible for Fran to be successful without landing Foster, in reality creating a roster capable of winning conference titles or a deep NCAA run is only reasonably possible if you land players of Foster's caliber that are an hour away from campus. I'm not going into the personal attacks on the coaches, and being 60 years old doesn't mean either Speraw or Dillard lack energy. The head coach is responsible for his staff and the results on the court. Dean Oliver may very well be a great future coach, no idea. I'm not sure what he's done at Wisconsin to prove he's an upgrade over Iowa's staff.

Reactions: kceasthawk

You think that Francis interviewing for multiple jobs means he isn’t looking to move up?

Nice!:) Remind me again how many scholarships we have available. I am still a little unclear about the new B1G rule that scholarships are for 4 years, and specifically how that impacts Fran's ability to not have his sons on scholarship.

I want an early commitment from a quality PG, and then we can go from there. For those who know more about the recruits, putting aside the need to control recruiting of Iowa kids, if you had to choose between Foster and Jackson-Davis, which would you choose? That would be a nice problem to have.

5 Junior Year (Aug 1 - end of junior year)
5 Senior Year (end of junior year - Oct 15th after HS grad)
5 After Oct 15th after HS grad

This mindset blows my mind. You don’t think joe was a national recruit? I bet he ends up ranked higher than foster.

Foster will be ranked higher based entirely on potential but to try and differentiate between the two based on distance and say one is "local" is , I agree, absolutely ridiculous.

What's the difference between Muscatine and Oskaloosa? A half hour? And Joe is the better player by far right now. It's not even close.

Foster will be ranked higher based entirely on potential but to try and differentiate between the two based on distance and say one is "local" is , I agree, absolutely ridiculous.

What's the difference between Muscatine and Oskaloosa? A half hour? And Joe is the better player by far right now. It's not even close.

A player that is two years older is better? Shocking! Strong take there.

Word on the street is that the Fosters are taking a lot of heat locally for the silent verbal to that punk in Kentucky. Daddy thinks if Xavier visits Iowa people will back off giving him a hard time about Kentucky. Sorry IOwa fans this ship has sailed to the Bluegrass state.

Reactions: LittlePeen1-
Well you are just assuming Foster will be the higher rated recruits come his senior year. Sooo.....

There is nothing in my post assumes that, but if he continues on this path he will be the higher rated recruit.

Word on the street is that the Fosters are taking a lot of heat locally for the silent verbal to that punk in Kentucky. Daddy thinks if Xavier visits Iowa people will back off giving him a hard time about Kentucky. Sorry IOwa fans this ship has sailed to the Bluegrass state.
According to you, he was a soft verbal to Duke less than a month ago. Everyone knows you are worthless.

Nice!:) Remind me again how many scholarships we have available. I am still a little unclear about the new B1G rule that scholarships are for 4 years, and specifically how that impacts Fran's ability to not have his sons on scholarship.

I want an early commitment from a quality PG, and then we can go from there. For those who know more about the recruits, putting aside the need to control recruiting of Iowa kids, if you had to choose between Foster and Jackson-Davis, which would you choose? That would be a nice problem to have.

Well, with Tyler Cook likey leaving for NBA after this season, I'd take Jackson-Davis to fill his spot next year, and be a 1 and Done, then have Foster come in the year after.

I love it when a plan comes together ;)

After the much publicized and talked about Carton chronicles ... I've promised myself I will only concern myself in this race for Foster when his name is on the dotted line of an Iowa letterhead (and I don't see that happening) ... Hard to sell what's been a very average Iowa program when you are up against the big boys ... Unless you grew up a die-hard Iowa fan, and/or your Dad is the coach :p;)

Reactions: LittlePeen1-
It is fairly inexpensive to recruit a local kid. Very little downside to recruiting Foster.

How many on this board will be going crazy about the Hawkeyes wasting their time and money. Not very good odds but once I did date a beautiful women, so miracles do happen once in a while:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT