ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster sets official visit

Osky is in the heart of the Hawkeye fan base.

My question is.....would the locals be more upset with Foster..
- Top tier school like Kentucky and be on national TV every night?
- Iowa St where Hawkeye fans would have to hear about everything he is doing in Ames?

I might be wrong, but the locals in Osky would understand him going to a traditional blue chip school like Kentucky/UNC/Duke instead of Iowa (or ISU for that matter).

Word on the street is that the Fosters are taking a lot of heat locally for the silent verbal to that punk in Kentucky. Daddy thinks if Xavier visits Iowa people will back off giving him a hard time about Kentucky. Sorry IOwa fans this ship has sailed to the Bluegrass state.

You never know. Swing for the fences. You have to try with a local kid.

It's not like every 5 star always chooses a blue blood. Doesn't happen very often, but occasionally a kid that highly ranked does pick an average Joe school. Whether that's because he connects well with the coaches, players, gets a warm, fuzzy feeling while visiting campus, or who knows, some kids do in the end wind up at a non blue blood.

Iowa fans need to hope for three things: 1) Patrick is very persuasive and all the guys visiting that weekend hit it off real well. 2) Iowa has a successful season in which they play at least average defense and score a crap ton of points, making them exciting and fun to watch. 3) Fran has a backup plan. If number 2 happens (I don't mean fecal matter) then hopefully a couple players in the 4 star, Top 75 -125 range take notice.

Not saying Foster and TJD are 100% pipe dreams (perhaps pretty close to it), but ultimately I think that's Fran's hay maker, recruiting 4 stars who will be in the program as juniors and seniors and will have the experience factor over a lot of other teams come March. Obviously, you have to put the full court press on a local kid like Foster and see it through to the end with a kid you built a relationship with like the Davis kid but Fran's future success at Iowa hinges on getting more players like Tyler Cook and Jarrod Uthoff and not settling for guys like Uhl, Ellingson, Wagner, etc.

Yes, of course, better defense. Goes without saying. But my realistic hope is for more players like Cook, Garza, Weiskamp, etc.I would also like to see the occasional JUCO player who could fill an immediate need from time to time.

Reactions: kceasthawk
This mindset blows my mind. You don’t think joe was a national recruit? I bet he ends up ranked higher than foster.

Very well could be. From what I have read and the little I have seen, Foster's ranking is based upon potential, not past performance, as his past performance has not matched the ranking much at all. Not dissing the kid, just is what it is.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Seems like Foster has a lot of development to do. He def has potential and obviously that is the biggest factor in his ranking. Given this fact, he would likely be better served to come to Iowa. Woodbury had the Unc offer but was not type of player one thinks of Unc landing.

Foster's lofting ranking the previous years was a lot about potential but he has started to realize that potential which is why KU offered and why Kentucky is interested. He was one of the top players at Pangos in June.

Foster's lofting ranking the previous years was a lot about potential but he has started to realize that potential which is why KU offered and why Kentucky is interested. He was one of the top players at Pangos in June.

yeah, he's consistently shown well during the summer evaluation periods, people need to stop looking at his H.S. numbers as to his evaluation. He was a Freshman and Sophomore bigman, playing on a team with other talented upperclassmen bigs. His time will come.

According to you, he was a soft verbal to Duke less than a month ago. Everyone knows you are worthless.
So i'm worthless for sharing my info, I did say a month ago that he was suppose to be a silent verbal Duke, ever hear of high school recruits changing their mind? maybe Kentucky offered them a better deal, I share what I hear ON THE STREET he is not coming so get over it or maybe keep fooling yourself and keep hoping Foster and Carton will magically appear in Iowa City.

So i'm worthless for sharing my info, I did say a month ago that he was suppose to be a silent verbal Duke, ever hear of high school recruits changing their mind? maybe Kentucky offered them a better deal, I share what I hear ON THE STREET he is not coming so get over it or maybe keep fooling yourself and keep hoping Foster and Carton will magically appear in Iowa City.

HS students change their minds, but he's 100% not going to Iowa, and yet he's taking an official visit to Iowa....

If Foster "changed his mind," why wouldn't he change it again? If you're going to make up BS at least do it without poking holes in your own argument.

You seem pretty tuned in. I am curious, what have you heard on the street are some good stocks to buy? I am looking to make a lot of money very quickly. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Wolf of Wall Street over here. HoodWinkman is your guy.
You seem pretty tuned in. I am curious, what have you heard on the street are some good stocks to buy? I am looking to make a lot of money very quickly. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Stocks? Yeah right. I am loading up on beanie babies and ready to watch their value soar back up!!!

Pretty sure Dillard (along with Fran, of course) is heading up Foster’s recruitment. No better way to ensure Iowa misses out on Foster than to fire the coach he and his father have built the strongest relationship with.

Well if you fire the assistant and bring in his Dad as an assistant, that tends to work. I'm willing to let Dillard or Speraw or the guy from NY go.

You are stupid and nobody believes you

Don’t tell any one else.
Blue star airlines.

Reactions: jasonrann
If Toussaint decided to commit this weekend, would Fran accept it and basically shut down PG recruiting for this year and hope to recruit an additional PG next year?

If Toussaint decided to commit this weekend, would Fran accept it and basically shut down PG recruiting for this year and hope to recruit an additional PG next year?

Most likely. No need to overload at PG now when the staff has leads on some major talent in '20. Toussaint would seem to be Iowa's top choice since he's visiting first. If his visit goes well and he wants to pull the trigger, Fran would probably be thrilled. And so would a lot of Hawk fans.

Most likely. No need to overload at PG now when the staff has leads on some major talent in '20. Toussaint would seem to be Iowa's top choice since he's visiting first. If his visit goes well and he wants to pull the trigger, Fran would probably be thrilled. And so would a lot of Hawk fans.

I would be absolutely thrilled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT