ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

Nunge is allot more fleet footed than Garza, but theyre different type players that do different things.

Fran playing Jack at the 3 was an amazingly terrible idea. He should have redshirted.

I agree it was a terrible idea, but we also have to consider the other options. The other options were Wagner and I guess Uhl?

Losing Williams and CMac made an awkwardly big roster even more awkward. I truly believe Dailey/Moss/Williams were all capable of playing the 2/3. Lost some flexibility when losing two players.

Pretty easy to see Garza getting bumped for Nunge. Whoever improves their footwork the most would likely start. At this point both are extremely heavy footed.
Nunge will play more 4 than 5. Garza will not get bumped in my opinion.12 pt avg/ 6 rebounds. Nunge will play, but not over Garza in the post. Nunge will likely play the post when Garza's out. He's a good shot blocker.

Reactions: Lew Masterson
I bet money Fran pushed for Jack To Redshirt. Hopefully someone does this year. I like all our bigs. But someone needs to take a year off and free up some minutes
If Ellingson comes back that will be Fredrick.

As far as Foster goes, I'd love to see him at Iowa but doubt that happens.

Reactions: Lew Masterson
Nunge will play more 4 than 5. Garza will not get bumped in my opinion.12 pt avg/ 6 rebounds. Nunge will play, but not over Garza in the post. Nunge will likely play the post when Garza's out. He's a good shot blocker.

After seeing Nunge miss a ton of bunnies in his last few games, no way he can beat out Garza or Kriener for center position. If Nunge improves his low post scoring he can have a outside/inside game and he has a decent future at the 4. I don't think it is good idea to play him at the 3, but Fran seems to love going big at the 3 and playing zone.

I agree it was a terrible idea, but we also have to consider the other options. The other options were Wagner and I guess Uhl?

Losing Williams and CMac made an awkwardly big roster even more awkward. I truly believe Dailey/Moss/Williams were all capable of playing the 2/3. Lost some flexibility when losing two players.

Only lost 1 player because if Williams played Connor was not.

Jebus, someone get Foster a FT coach. 0 for 8 today...but Osky outlasts WSR.

I guess I have forgotten what HS players look like physically, because my gawd is he thin...like a young colt out there. But oh my is he smooth, he's gonna be a very good HS player before he's done.

I guess I have forgotten what HS players look like physically, because my gawd is he thin...like a young colt out there. But oh my is he smooth, he's gonna be a very good HS player before he's done.

Isn't he like 15 or 16. Lots of filling out.

Is he a hawk fan whatsoever?

A poster(s) from Osky has posted before that he and his entire family are major Hawk fans.

However, his dad is wanting / encouraging him to attend a blue blood school.

Indications are that it's either Iowa or a blue blood program.

Oh yeah...I just don't watch a lot of HSBB though, so it's a bit startling to see rail thin guys - and I'm unfairly comparing them to college guys.

First time I've watched him in a game. I like what I see given he's a sophomore.

For instance, Nunge looks musclebound by comparison. "Three years' difference..."

Oh yeah...I just don't watch a lot of HSBB though, so it's a bit startling to see rail thin guys - and I'm unfairly comparing them to college guys.

First time I've watched him in a game. I like what I see given he's a sophomore.

For instance, Nunge looks musclebound by comparison. "Three years' difference..."

Yeah I saw a picture from when I was 17. The difference was startling to me as well.

Think his Grandpa played for Iowa in football. Pretty sure he's a fan but if the big boys come knocking he gone.

A poster(s) from Osky has posted before that he and his entire family are major Hawk fans.

Gotcha, sounds like he gone already :mad:

Moves great. Smooth shot.

Seems disinterested. He could absolutely dominate if he really wanted to.

Only a sophomore but it is obvious why people are salivating for him.

The reason they won today was because they had some other good players.

Moves great. Smooth shot.

Seems disinterested. He could absolutely dominate if he really wanted to.

Only a sophomore but it is obvious why people are salivating for him.

The reason they won today was because they had some other good players.

If he had Henry's motor he would be amazing.

Yes, he's a young sophomore. If he is 16 already, his birthday was just recently.

I would disagree with the above poster. Foster is smooth and needs to develop strength and defensive tenacity, but Osky was a much better team when he was on the court today compared to when he sat.

Watching as well.

Seems like the perfect 4/5 that Fran wants in his offense. His shot is effortless. Not to mention his athletic ability has to be among the best, if not the best for any big in his class.

His defense will continue to get better as he plays with his arms down and doesn't box out now. He roams around looking for blocks. But this will be fixed along with him continuing to grow physically since he is only a sophomore.

This dude will be able to pick where he wants to go to school when it is all said and done.

Let's be optimistic and hope he enrolls here but can his defensive game be any worse than what we seen here this past season?

Hopefully Fran can get this figured out heading into next season! Foster will have another season to improve his game.

Then we need to keep guys like Cheating Roy to stay out of our neck of the woods!

Yes, he's a young sophomore. If he is 16 already, his birthday was just recently.

I would disagree with the above poster. Foster is smooth and needs to develop strength and defensive tenacity, but Osky was a much better team when he was on the court today compared to when he sat.

Sky is the limit for him. 6-11 or 7-0 and can move like that along with the 3-point shooting ability. People look at HS numbers and expect guys to dominate and put up huge stats. Foster is sought after not for his HS stats but his performance against the other top players on the camp circuit (duh). Really hope his family wants to have him close to home to see him play. One would have a nice team with Foster, Wieskamp, Patrick McC and Carton. One can wish.

Reactions: Stormn Norman

Xavier looks buff when you compare him to Patrick Mac! Foster has a lot of upside but he does look a bit lost at times on the court and he lacks a decent "motor", but it's clear that the potential is there. And you can't teach 6'11"!

Reactions: Rodney-Henderson

That's why the terrible year Iowa had this year hurts recruiting. Once a program is established it has to over achieve with less. Otherwise quality recruits have doubt placed in their minds.

That's why the terrible year Iowa had this year hurts recruiting. Once a program is established it has to over achieve with less. Otherwise quality recruits have doubt placed in their minds.
You do realize he won't sign his LOI until 2020? Sure two more seasons like we just had, may be a different story, but give me a break.

Reactions: the24fan
You do realize he won't sign his LOI until 2020? Sure two more seasons like we just had, may be a different story, but give me a break.
It's important for a program like Iowa to have consistency. Iowa needs to always be in the front of recruits minds, especially Iowa kids. Yes I do realize he is 2020. People do commit early. Iowa needs successful consistency to sway high level recruits. I'm pretty sure blue bloods can bring Iowa's losing season into their sales pitch and cast doubt and confusion in a recruit considering Iowa. Then they throw out their records and national championships and bring with them a list of players they sent to the NBA. I'm sorry, but I don't believe, even one bad year for Iowa can't cause trouble in recruiting an exceptional player.

It's important for a program like Iowa to have consistency. Iowa needs to always be in the front of recruits minds, especially Iowa kids. Yes I do realize he is 2020. People do commit early. Iowa needs successful consistency to sway high level recruits. I'm pretty sure blue bloods can bring Iowa's losing season into their sales pitch and cast doubt and confusion in a recruit considering Iowa. Then they throw out their records and national championships and bring with them a list of players they sent to the NBA. I'm sorry, but I don't believe, even one bad year for Iowa can't cause trouble in recruiting an exceptional player.
If he is a huge hawk fan, he will be at Iowa. If not, he is headed to a blue blood. He could also jump and join the developing G league if the NBA has it's way.

Osky tied with Glenwood at 38 at half of the final. Foster playing mostly well, already a handful of blocks, I believe 8 pts.

One of the most entertaining halves of HS basketball I've ever seen. Both teams out of their minds shooting 3's so far.

Needs to be able to play with his back to basket. He has zero game if you can body him up.

Moves great and only a sophomore. He will be a beast in two years.

Reactions: Rodney-Henderson
Foster looks like he wants to be Dom Uhl the second...hangs around the perimeter looking for shot...Young, but I hope he matures into a more well rounded basketball player.

I watched the game last night and wasn’t overly impressed with Xavier. Granted it’s the only game I watched and I had to keep reminding myself that he is only a sophomore. Be interested to see how he developed the next two years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT