ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

Impressive size and shooting touch for the sophomore. Check out the video linked here.

http://www.thegazette.com/joe-wieskamp-patrick-mccaffery-xavier-foster-x2014-three-keepers-20180307

Now if he would only commit to playing for Iowa before his Highschool career is over like Patrick and Joe did.. I have a nasty feeling that Roy Williams will be lurking on Xavier unlike Joe and Patrick. He’s combo of size and skill is too much for Roy not to do what he normally does with the best basketball players that come from the state of Iowa..

Keep in mind, Osky had older and stronger guys to play down low to where they can afford to play Foster on the perimeter - and whenever he did try to post up, 3 guys would sag on him, but not the others on the team.

On defense, he was the fly swatter all game. He blocked several, and affected the shot of several others.

Just a coach getting his best 5 on the court and in the best spots for the team. I admit, I was very surprised watching the tourney this year, how much the 3 pointer was in play. Seemed like every team's offense was built outside in and not the opposite, even when they had height advantages.

Xavier will develop a HS post up game as he matures. Just need to keep in mind, he's a terribly skinny soph right now. He's not supposed to have a polished overall game yet.

Long time to go before 2020 ...even if he doesn't grow any more (doubtful) but continues to develop his game, then you know the Kansas's and North Carolina's are going to be calling fo sho.

The nba can have whatever way they want. The 1 and done is their rule.
Wow, how informative. The statement was made to indicate that the G league could be an option, it is unlikely that he will be a NBA player straight out of high school.

I only watched Foster for a quarter-and-a-half. I think he has good court vision but he's a little slow afoot. Should improve a lot in years to come.

Wow, how informative. The statement was made to indicate that the G league could be an option, it is unlikely that he will be a NBA player straight out of high school.

It sounded like you were implying it wasnt entirely up to the nba.

If not my bad.

If he is a huge hawk fan, he will be at Iowa. If not, he is headed to a blue blood. He could also jump and join the developing G league if the NBA has it's way.
ISU is working on becoming a blue blood, so I like the thought process. He will fit nicely in Ames.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
They have way more talent and has in most years for a while. They get it and we don't. I wouldn't sleep on their football progress either, but imagine we will
Fran doesn't value athleticism. Unfortunately, as you move up levels of play the more athletic teams shine. ISU is significantly more athletic than Iowa.

Yeah, the clones took a big step towards that this year. LOL
They were loaded a year ago and started rebuilding the lost talent. Looking at their guard court, early indications are good. Did you sleep through the in state game this year? We have never had their guard talent...especially at point. They continue bringing them in year after year

Kids draining 3s in the state tourney. Want want want
I am sorry to inform you but...

Request-Denied-.jpg

ISU is working on becoming a blue blood, so I like the thought process. He will fit nicely in Ames.

I don't think there's a program in the country that more grossly misjudges their place in college athletics than Iowa St. Even during your glory years under Fred you didn't make a single elite eight, you didn't win a single conference title. You've done absolutely nothing of national relevence and now Prohm has returned your program to its rightful spot at the bottom of the B12

Reactions: millhawk
Foster has a long way to go. I don't think his HS coach knows what to do with his bigs. They could have run a lot of high low sets with Foster and Henry and dominated the title game. Henry could take kids off the dribble as well as the Kruse kid. I'm not sure he will develop a lot with his high school coach. I don't trust AAU coaches with development as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT