ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

I wonder if he will drive to Iowa City to announce or if he just skypes in Fran at the Osky HS or something like that.

QUOTE="JEDN, post: 7005844, member: 4254"]Nov. 11.[/QUOTE]

This place will implode if Fran doesn’t get Foster. I get it if he were to choose Kansas or another blue blood, but ISU? Yikes, that would sting.

I have said this before but I don't think the GF alone is a factor but it is the fact that the GF is friends with another players GF at ISU and therefore Foster has been going and hanging out with not only hs GF but the ISU team.

Well yeah, but they're all jerks,... so I think we get this.

My Cyclone fan neighbor keeps sending me this. I don't think Xavier is that focused on the NBA.

QUOTE="Hawks2405, post: 7006323, member: 8396"]This place will implode if Fran doesn’t get Foster. I get it if he were to choose Kansas or another blue blood, but ISU? Yikes, that would sting.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter where XF goes, it could be Drake... If he is good enough to make it in the league, then he will.

Young love is blinding some times. It would not surprise me he chose ISU partly because of this. However, being a Hawkeye legacy, coupled with the fact he grow up a Hawkeye should hold some weight... Plus I am sure his folks have made it clear to not consider that, as he can still date the gal. It wouldn't be any different than it is now.

My Cyclone fan neighbor keeps sending me this. I don't think Xavier is that focused on the NBA.

QUOTE="Hawks2405, post: 7006323, member: 8396"]This place will implode if Fran doesn’t get Foster. I get it if he were to choose Kansas or another blue blood, but ISU? Yikes, that would sting.
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: skydog0784
It doesn't matter where XF goes, it could be Drake... If he is good enough to make it in the league, then he will.

Young love is blinding some times. It would not surprise me he chose ISU partly because of this. However, being a Hawkeye legacy, coupled with the fact he grow up a Hawkeye should hold some weight... Plus I am sure his folks have made it clear to not consider that, as he can still date the gal. It wouldn't be any different than it is now.
[/QUOTE]

didnhis dad or mom go to Iowa. Also, Ben Carlsons dad was a Cyclone and he still went to Wisconsin. I’ll eat crow but I would be the house that he will be at Iowa State.

This NBA roster thing is a big heaping spoonful of "who cares." Funny, I don't see virginia on here, which has been one of the best programs in the country the last several years. Funny, I don't see Michigan State on here, consistently one of the best programs in the country over the last 20 years. I don't see Louisville, or Gonzaga, or Syracuse.

I do see Texas, and UCLA, and Indiana, programs that get lots of high caliber players, but haven't been really good in about a decade. Call me a hater, but I don't think Texas did anything particularly special with Mo Bamba to put him in the NBA.

Finally, of ISU's 8 rostered players, only one plays meaningful minutes. This isn't like Iowa football alum who are pro-bowlers year in and year out.

This "but our NBA players" response is a shiny narrative that doesn't mean much when you look behind the gloss.

Last edited:
This NBA roster thing is a big heaping spoonful of "who cares." Funny, I don't see virginia on here, which has been one of the best programs in the country the last several years. Funny, I don't see Michigan State on here, consistently one of the best programs in the country over the last 20 years. I don't see Louisville, or Gonzaga, or Syracuse.

I do see Texas, and UCLA, and Indiana, programs that get lots of high caliber players, but haven't been really good in about a decade. Call me a hater, but I don't think Texas did anything particularly special with Mo Bamba to put him in the NBA.

Finally, of ISU's 8 rostered players, only one plays meaningful minutes. This isn't like Iowa football alum who are pro-bowlers year in and year out.

This "but our NBA players" response is a shiny narrative that doesn't mean much when you look behind the gloss.
It’s not about nba minutes. It’s about nba paycheck. Also, do you suppose Ferentz let’s recruits know he can get them to the nfl better than Michigan when recruiting them? Yes he does. So does Prohm

[/QUOTE]

His parents didn't go to Iowa did they?

His parents didn't go to Iowa did they?[/QUOTE]

I just saw someone say he was a legacy recruit and I didn’t think that was the case.

Who cares? Recruits care! Do you want to make millions playing in the NBA after college or do you want a 9-5? Prohm has showed an ability to get players to the league at a FAR superior clip than Fran.

Both sides seem fairly confident.
I don't go to Cyclone Fanatic, but the consensus on Cyclone Report is that he'll probably go to Iowa City....family connections, style of play, etc. Although -- just as on this board -- there is speculation about what the signing of the Murray twins might mean, if anything.

I don't think any of the people who actually have information about this post on internet message boards.:)

It’s not about nba minutes. It’s about nba paycheck. Also, do you suppose Ferentz let’s recruits know he can get them to the nfl better than Michigan when recruiting them? Yes he does. So does Prohm

Who cares? Recruits care! Do you want to make millions playing in the NBA after college or do you want a 9-5?

Iowa football is one of the best developmental programs in the country. They take scrubs and put them in the NFL Pro-Bowl. But on the recruiting trail we consistently rank 30-40th every year. We only get a few high calibur recruits every year. ISU has had an influx of players in the nba. They get good recruits, much better than us, but they haven't had a top 25 recruiting class in the last 5 years. I remember a lot of top overall athletes going to places like LSU and Washington recently. The #1 overall player of 2020 signed with USC for crying out loud.

Now before you have a snap reaction to my post, I completely acknowledge that it is a recruiting chip for Prohm that Fran doesn't have. Of course coaches harp on next level development. Of course athletes take it into account. But lets stop acting like its the end-all be-all.

Last edited:
Iowa football is one of the best developmental programs in the country. They take scrubs and put them in the NFL Pro-Bowl. But on the recruiting trail we consistently rank 30-40th every year. We only get a few high calibur recruits every year. ISU has had an influx of players in the nba. They get good recruits, much better than us, but they haven't had a top 25 recruiting class in the last 5 years. I remember a lot of top overall athletes going to places like LSU and Washington recently. The #1 overall player of 2020 signed with USC for crying out loud.

Don't have a snap reaction to my post and jump down my throat. Of course it is a recruiting chip for Prohm that Fran doesn't have. Of course coaches harp on it. Of course athletes take it into account. But lets stop acting like its the end-all be-all.

QUOTE="Hawks2405, post: 7006323, member: 8396"]This place will implode if Fran doesn’t get Foster. I get it if he were to choose Kansas or another blue blood, but ISU? Yikes, that would sting.
[/QUOTE]
The number of PF from Iowa State in the NBA - 0
The number of PF from Iowa in the NBA - 1

As mentioned before, Iowa State's offense is not geared to the development of big guys.

Reactions: anon_wic6m41528ao4
[

As mentioned before, Iowa State's offense is not geared to the development of big guys.[/QUOTE]

This says George Niang is a PF
https://www.lineups.com/nba/roster/utah-jazz

Also in the NBA positions are much less defined these days

Big's need to handle the ball on the perimeter, be able to hit jumpers.

You see lots of slash positions next to guys names SF/PF, PG/SG .

As mentioned before, Iowa State's offense is not geared to the development of big guys.[/QUOTE]

I would say Foster is a stretch 4 and now a Power Forward. Huge difference. BTW I have never seen Iowa State fans so convinced that any recruit is going to Iowa State. Not to mention most insiders are saying Iowa State. I am not even talking Crystal ball picks from people who are not even from Iowa. Ill stick with my Iowa State pick. I know to much on this one.

I would say Foster is a stretch 4 and now a Power Forward. Huge difference. BTW I have never seen Iowa State fans so convinced that any recruit is going to Iowa State. Not to mention most insiders are saying Iowa State. I am not even talking Crystal ball picks from people who are not even from Iowa. Ill stick with my Iowa State pick. I know to much on this one.

Who are these insiders that are so confident he's a Cyclone?

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Prohm’s track record is either with lead guards or wings so the NBA argument is odd.

Iowa and ISU will both be on TV. NBA scouts would have plenty to see in person or otherwise.

Who are these insiders that are so confident he's a Cyclone?

I have no idea. However, the most reliable posters who have "In's" with the staff and normally break news and know stuff are reporting it. They never miss. Same people reported Murray Twins would commit to Iowa a day before it happened and a day before anyone even knew they were being recruited by Iowa.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
ADVERTISEMENT