ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Nwankpa breaks down his final 7 schools

ASU is looking really strong this year in the recruiting realm, particularly in the Midwest. Not sure they are a threat here, but it is interesting.

ASU is looking really strong this year in the recruiting realm, particularly in the Midwest. Not sure they are a threat here, but it is interesting.
They seem to offer everywhere including Iowa and Nebraska but looking at their recruiting classes it seems CA, AZ and FL seem to be the bulk of their recruits. At least they are trying I suppose. I lived in AZ and going to school there would be fun.

Thanks for the link, OP. Hopefully the Hawks keep him in state. We shall see...

Iowa is in the mix likely just as a formality. Realistically he’s probably close to decision and I’m guessing it’s either OSU or LSU

Reactions: amahawk
US news and World report has Michigan at 24, Florida at 30.
Pretty negligible. Florida has been skyrocketing up those rankings the past few years and I fully expect UFL to surpass Mich in the next few years

• Haha
Reactions: vadey23
Pretty negligible. Florida has been skyrocketing up those rankings the past few years and I fully expect UFL to surpass Mich in the next few years
But you can't say that Florida is better than any school in the B10 other than NW. It's just not true. And although they may have been skyrocketing, it's going to be harder at this point, for a large public school, to climb much higher when you start to get into the public ivys and upper tier private schools.

That's 3 more than what was implied by JuiceHawk, which was the point. FWIW, A&M and Auburn are also pretty good.
Wrong on Auburn. Auburn is where a kid goes when his/her $EC alum parents can't get them into Alma Mater U.

Florida is on par with B1G, ditto A &M. Most of the rest? Not really, although, frankly, state schools vs. private isn't really a fair argument. An education is what the student makes of it. I've interviewed "cum laude" students from across the spectrum who can't write a letter or work on a "regular" computer (they do everything on their "smart"phone), or don't show up on time and/or are rude to "front office" staff.

Too much of "education" is being wasted on the wrong people.

Wrong on Auburn. Auburn is where a kid goes when his/her $EC alum parents can't get them into Alma Mater U.

Florida is on par with B1G, ditto A &M. Most of the rest? Not really, although, frankly, state schools vs. private isn't really a fair argument. An education is what the student makes of it. I've interviewed "cum laude" students from across the spectrum who can't write a letter or work on a "regular" computer (they do everything on their "smart"phone), or don't show up on time and/or are rude to "front office" staff.

Too much of "education" is being wasted on the wrong people.
False, Auburn very respectable school.

But you can't say that Florida is better than any school in the B10 other than NW. It's just not true. And although they may have been skyrocketing, it's going to be harder at this point, for a large public school, to climb much higher when you start to get into the public ivys and upper tier private schools.
Florida is a good school. Worked with quite a few alumni when I lived in Atlanta. Son is looking at their engineering program as well. Can't knock it for not knowing about it just b/c it's in a conference known for football.

Reactions: fezzador
This is a FREE story.

Looks like it's Ohio State. As you can see, he visits Columbus the weekend of June 4 and the Rivals writer says he could wind up leaving Columbus committed.

Trust me, prolly not a single dog in the bunch...
Maybe not, but not many with an once of good sense either. Ah to be the athletes "baby momma" Happy Mother's day Mom! How did that work out for Shawn Kemps harem? Or the concubines of D Thomas, old number 58 for the Chiefs?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hawkeyebob62
Respected by who? It's a damn crap school.
That's your opinion, and that's fine, and I know nobody's going to change your mind.

That said, while it's not on the same level as Purdue or Georgia Tech, it's still a Top 100 school and is considerably higher rated than either UNL or ISU, and about 20% more expensive than either. Many of those students that are admitted to either UNL or ISU would be turned down at Auburn. It's not just kids from Podunkville, Alabama that attend. There are thousands of kids from Georgia, Florida, and Texas whose families will gladly fork over the out-of-state tuition to attend AU.

For sake of argument, if UNL or (especially) ISU were as choosy as Auburn, they would be much, much smaller schools. Probably student bodies of closer to 18K than 30K+.

It's not an "elite" school by any stretch, but hardly "crap".

Yep, Iowa is the bridesmaid, yet again. Probably 4th on the list at best.
Safety isn’t an area of concern for Iowa. I’d be more concerned with cornerback recruiting than safety based upon the kids in the program previously, now, and who will be in the near future.

Maybe not, but not many with an once of good sense either. Ah to be the athletes "baby momma" Happy Mother's day Mom! How did that work out for Shawn Kemps harem? Or the concubines of D Thomas, old number 58 for the Chiefs?
Who cares? I guess you, but why does it bother you.

Reactions: David1979
I have said repeatedly we won’t get X but will get Proctor. My sources said we would be top 7 for both and we are. My sources also said ISU wouldn’t be top 7 for either and they aren’t. I heard a “connected” Clones fan said both would be top 3 for ISU since he talked to a SEP Coach. They aren’t top 7 for either. I guess my sources are a tad better than that ISU person’s sources.

Who cares? I guess you, but why does it bother you.
Was simply commenting on another posters comment about an athlete who has been the "donor" for many different women. Does it bother me? Not personally, but to a degree. Living in KC, and listening to people talk about what a GREAT guy D Thomas was. And then to his moms complaints because he left "her" and his estate with nothing after his untimely, death , which he himself caused. A man who fathered 7 or 8 children with a half dozen women AND took financial repsonsibility for NONE of them. A man who made MILLIONS of dollars and roamed the countryside playing Johnny Appleseed with his baby batter. Used to run into him at HIS charity golf outings for is 3rd and long foundation, for which he would always show up late and acting like a total ass. We do have to have our "heroes" to look up to though don't we? Maybe we need to start looking in different areas for those and not athletes with questionable morals......

He's prolly a great kid and a phenomenal athlete, and I admit I've only watched him in one game, but he doesn't have "can't miss" written all over him, imo.

Reactions: TtotheL
Wut? lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT