ADVERTISEMENT

XFL Football

SeattleHawki

All-Conference
Aug 1, 2005
Okay, just turned it on for the first time. I guess we have a team in Seattle.
What Hawkeyes are on rosters?
Sorry if wrong board or already posted.

Reactions: O-townHawkstar
Okay, just turned it on for the first time. I guess we have a team in Seattle.
What Hawkeyes are on rosters?
Sorry if wrong board or already posted.
I always forget that the XFL is playing until my 27 year old son texts me and asks if I am watching. LOL I, like you have no idea how many hawks players are in the league or what teams they play on. I know James Butler is on a team because I saw him do his own version of a Lambeau leap after scoring a TD last week.

Reactions: O-townHawkstar
we've got the iowa city flavor with hayes and chuck at the helm...
St. Louis BattleHawks for me. Jonathan Hayes head coach, with Chuck long offensive coordinator and QB coach (Hell ya). Geographically the team that's closer to home. Besides they have HAWKS in their name. That's enough right their to consider myself a fan. GO BATTLEHAWKS!

XFL-St-Louis-BattleHawks.jpg

James Butler picked up 73 yards on 10 carries yesterday and is averaging 5.7 ypc on the season for Houston.
Was he a late addition? A couple weeks ago, I was killing time and went through all the rosters and didn't see an Iowa player listed on any of them.

Watched most of both games today. It’s been entertaining and guys are playing with great effort even if it’s not always perfect.

What stands out to me is what a prima donna Matt McGloin (ex-PSU QB) is. He’s a real loser with a bad attitude. The NY team needs to dump him and move on.

Fun seeing Chuck Long calling plays too.

St. Louis BattleHawks for me. Jonathan Hayes head coach, with Chuck long offensive coordinator and QB coach (Hell ya). Geographically the team that's closer to home. Besides they have HAWKS in their name. That's enough right their to consider myself a fan. GO BATTLEHAWKS!

Yep, me too.

You can definitely see the “iowa brand” style of football in their play, as well. Running between the tackles, dominate the line of scrimmage, keep doin it until they stop you.

That's Cool. I agree.

I'm a little surprised that LaShaun Daniels and Bo Bower and guys like that who had a cup of coffee or were boarderline practice squad guys didn't picked up by a team. Maybe they decided it was time to hang it up and have been training.

BattleHawks for me to. So far I have been impressed with the XFL.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
The XFL pay is only like 50 or 55k. So if you had your cup of coffee in the NFL and washed out the XFL might not be a great fit in the sense you already made it to the big show, got an opportunity, and washed out. You know where you stand. XFL seems like a good fit for people that didn’t get a first opportunity or weren’t satisfied or people that just love football and don’t have other career plans.

Surprised Wadley didn't make it on a team. What happened to the kid? He would be perfect for the XFL with his attitude and skill set.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT