ADVERTISEMENT

XFL Today!

I have a couple of buddies at the Houston game. I had to pass on going. He texted me that it’s pretty bad, but everyone is pretty hammered. So they have that going for them.

I have a couple of buddies at the Houston game. I had to pass on going. He texted me that it’s pretty bad, but everyone is pretty hammered. So they have that going for them.
LA's qb is 11/14 so far. That's not terrible.

Interesting thing I just read. The XFL has a 40-player "team 9" that acts as a farm team/ practice squad for teams to sign players from as they need to. It has its own coaching staff. I think that's a really good idea.

Greg Olson shouldn't have any problem getting a job with one of the networks once he retires.

Screen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-4-12-26-PM.png

Reactions: Moral
So far it looks good to me. I'll root for the St. Louis BattleHawks since its the closest to home. Plus they have Hawks in their name. :)
Not to mention Chuck Long is their Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. That's Cool. Sounds like this Dallas team they are playing today is picked to win it all.

Just watching here and there over the weekend, I don't see why the XFL can't make it.

It doesn't seem like they are trying to turn into a pro wrestling style of production as they did with XFL v1.0. Also, I think the first time they tried promoting themselves as the alternative to the NFL.

If fans have realistic expectations and enjoy the games for what they are (no expectations on a extreme level of play, and some football to watch when the NFL is not playing) and if it helps some guys who may have been overlooked jumpstart a chance to get to the NFL or resurrect some careers, cool.

Games have been entertaining. Quality of play is better than college football IMO.
Oh, I'm not so sure about that. I'd put the quality of play somewhere between a low-tier bowl game and the second half of the third NFL pre-season game.
It's still better than the first version of the XFL. It's less cartoonish and gimmicky.

Really enjoy live look and listen with Ref and Review booth. The damn refs were light years better than NFL refs.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Can't say it's any worse than watching a Jaguar vs. Cincinnati game minus the fantasy football implications. I like the experimenting with the rules. Maybe something the NFL can adopt here and there just like they did with the sky cam that was originally tried in the first xfl if I recall correctly. Still miss the old Orlando Rage logo though.

And Jonathan Hayes is the head coach.
Good call 83Hawk. Jonathan Hayes played 3 seasons for the Hawks and was drafted 41st in the second round to the Chiefs. Playing 12 NFL seasons. That's Badass. This XFL is sucking me in more and more as I learn the teams and the rules.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Absolutely 100%. Will increase tv viewership dramatically to bring the league more $$.

Hell, I'm a football nut, but there are plenty of NFL games that I would not watch for any reason outside of the fact that either myself or an opponent has a fantasy player in it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT