ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all got candy ready for the whole weekend?

Oct 25, 2020
I had a brother come over yesterday with the kids in costumes because they were going to go do all of the trunk or treating stuff and don’t plan on using a vehicle on Halloween, just a neighborhood run. I then had a couple more groups stop by on their way to trunk or treating. I was getting stuff off the porch today and my neighbor said some would be out trick or treating tonight to avoid it being out on a school night. So are these kids just going out whatever night they feel like it that is close to Halloween now? We got one night when I was a kid, and if it was a blizzard we better just get out there because there were no do overs. I don’t really mind much it just seems like I’ll have to wear pants at least through Monday.

Ok. That’s good. No pickled tomatoes from trad then.

When the number of trick-or-treaters declined as our neighborhood got older, Mrs. Tradition (no pics) complained about the leftover crappy Halloween candy.

I suggested that she buy the better stuff that she actually likes. We're not giving much of it away anyway.

That worked out perfectly.

Got a couple nut jobs polluting the neighborhood Facebook page arguing that celebrating Halloween is celebrating Satan. Having your kids trick or treat will apparently turn your kids into Satan spawn.

Be warned.

• Haha
Reactions: h-hawk
Got a couple nut jobs polluting the neighborhood Facebook page arguing that celebrating Halloween is celebrating Satan. Having your kids trick or treat will apparently turn your kids into Satan spawn.

Be warned.
That's still a thing? I remember that was huge back in the 80s when D&D was turning our kids into Satanists and KISS stood for Knights In Satan's Service and AC/DC was Against Christ, Devil's Child. I blame Tipper Gore for all of it too! ;)

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I wish we had some left, it was nonstop for a few hours and we went through 10# of candy before we ran out and had to shut the light off

We had enough for 95 kids and ran out with 40 minutes of the 2 hours left. We would have had enough for 100 but the 3 of us sampled the merchandise during the day.

ADVERTISEMENT