ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all working on the 4th of July menu

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
We are going over to a friend's home to swim and I told them that I'd bring the food. I was looking at ribs because that's a crowd favorite, but, man, beef prices are pretty low. HEB is selling an untrimmed prime packer brisket for $3.30 per pound. The select is $1.97. I just think i want to stay up all night tending fire.

Sides: homemade baked beans (soaking the dried beans, cooking in oven slow and low); a type of elote salad with grilled corn, sweet tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and tajin - then you add lime & mayo if you want; and probably slaw or potato salad.

We are off on Friday, I was thinking grilling a whole snapper with some crabs. We'll figure that out.

Reactions: soybean
Going to grill some hamburgers, brats, and chicken. And smoke some ribs. I'm also looking at a baked bean recipe to cook in the smoker.

Just dragged my last package of pulled pork out of the freezer last night so I think I'll smoke another twin pack from costco and restock my freezers.

Brats for adults, hot dogs for kids,
and all enjoy baked-pork and beans
mustard potato salad, cole slaw.
Ice cream for dessert.

Last edited:
We are going over to a friend's home to swim and I told them that I'd bring the food. I was looking at ribs because that's a crowd favorite, but, man, beef prices are pretty low. HEB is selling an untrimmed prime packer brisket for $3.30 per pound. The select is $1.97. I just think i want to stay up all night tending fire.

Sides: homemade baked beans (soaking the dried beans, cooking in oven slow and low); a type of elote salad with grilled corn, sweet tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and tajin - then you add lime & mayo if you want; and probably slaw or potato salad.

We are off on Friday, I was thinking grilling a whole snapper with some crabs. We'll figure that out.

You are welcome at my house anytime...with the fiddles mentioned above, of course.

Brats for adults, hot dogs for kids,
and all enjoy baked-pork and beans
mustard potato salad, cole slaw.
Ice cream for dessert.

Pretty close here. Brats and dogs plus I'll do up some wings on the grill. Baked beans and corn on the cob.

Plus lots of cocktails, of course.

No plans anymore.

The massive Covid uptick in FL, has ruined what was some great family travel we had planned.

Thanks a lot, Obama.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
We're going to my daughter and SIL's. They're doing pulled pork. I'm making pork belly burnt ends. Not sure on the sides yet.

No idea here. I bought four 20 ounce lobster tails last week so will probably do two on the grill along with steak. Not much of a cook though. I have been too busy working to give it much thought.

source.gif

I went basic Americana- grilled cheeseburgers.

Seasoned them with some carne asada rub. Served topped with avocado and spicy Memphis style bbq sauce. Country style potato salad as a side. Washed down with an ice cold Big Grove West Main Wheat.

Nothing says Americana like carne asada rub and avocado. Why dont you just let a Mexican bed your wife?

Ribeyes, Pulled Pork, hamberders, linguine alfredo, sweet corn, watermelon. Red wine with the steaks, bourbon before and after.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT