ADVERTISEMENT

Yay, Hawkeye women! 90-82 over the Gophers

Warnock is going to be a stud contributor— shoots the three and very skilled at driving to the hoop!!! Gabby needs to “add drives”like Doyle does

This team, now that Warnock is fully grown into and comfortable with her pretty big role, is exciting. Always a crap shoot in the NCAAs, but this Iowa team has some real balance. It also has a pretty athletic lineup—one that rebounds well—when Monica is subbed out for Warnock. Warnock and Ollinger give teams fits when they’re on the floor as a forward tandem along with three guards.

The top of the top of NCAA women’s hoops is still a different level, but the gap is steadily closing. I have high hopes for this team in the coming weeks.

Warnock played point forward a bit in high school and that shows in her skill set. She's good at shooting, driving, and is a sneaky good passer, too. I'm excited to see what she'll do next year as a starter and the #2/#3 scoring option.

Next years starters
Sevillion
Clarke
Warnock
Czizano
Marshall (???)
Martin (???)
Taiwo (???)

By what I have seen I would go with Marshall as starter #5.

Next years starters
Sevillion Clarke Warnock Czizano Marshall (???) Martin (???) Taiwo (???)

I agree with you to start the season. But I don't think it will be long before another of the freshmen, Lauren Jensen, will be pushing for a starting role. And it will be great to have an actual backup center for Monika in another freshman, Sharon Goodman. This could be Lisa's best recruiting class ever.

Last edited:
I agree with you to start the season. But I don't think it will be long before two more of the freshmen, Jensen and Ediger, will be pushing for starting roles. And it will be great to have an actual backup center for Monika in the fourth freshman, Goodman. This could be Lisa's best recruiting class ever.

Ediger is a high school junior, so she won't be starting for the Hawks next year.

ADVERTISEMENT