Ryan Sokol (MN) over Derek Fields (AW) Fall 1:34

UWW Cadet Freestyle 55kg/121 lbs. Best of 3 Finals
Robert Howard (TMWC) over Jesse Ybarra (SWC) 6-0
Robert Howard (TMWC) over Jesse Ybarra (SWC) 5-2

I am now up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IowaWrestlingFan/
and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/iawrestlingfan

Last edited:
Bummer

QF - Haiden Drury WA (Takedown Express Wrestling Club) VSU Ryan Sokol Inver Grove Heights, MN (Simley), 12-0 1:23

I went back and watched the quarters loss that Sokol had. What a bizarre loss. I don't exactly know GR very well but that was weird.

At about 45 seconds into the first period the ref gave the other guy a point, maybe penalty point? inactivity point? Then Sokol had to lay belly down on the mat. The other guy tried to gut wrench him unsuccessfully and then tried the lift and turn type deal unsuccessfully. They gave the other guy 4 points for for this. Challenge by Sokol's corner eventually got it reduced to 3 total points for the other guy. Immediately following the challenge, Sokol had to go belly down again and the other guy gut wrenched him for one turn. The guy got 6 points total for that somehow so now it was 9-0. Another challenge was unsuccessful and apparently that was the end of the match. 9-0 with 37 seconds left on the clock in the first period.

Ybarra won his first match 8-2.

Looks like Sokol is going at 65 kg today and got the 2 seed.
Ayala 51 kg 4 seed? Seeds aren’t listed and hard to follow the bracket on my phone.
Rathjen 60 kg 2 seed

Anybody have a more complete list of weights and names of commits and serious targets in cadets for viewing today?

Last edited:
I went back and watched the quarters loss that Sokol had. What a bizarre loss. I don't exactly know GR very well but that was weird.

At about 45 seconds into the first period the ref gave the other guy a point, maybe penalty point? inactivity point? Then Sokol had to lay belly down on the mat. The other guy tried to gut wrench him unsuccessfully and then tried the lift and turn type deal unsuccessfully. They gave the other guy 4 points for for this. Challenge by Sokol's corner eventually got it reduced to 3 total points for the other guy. Immediately following the challenge, Sokol had to go belly down again and the other guy gut wrenched him for one turn. The guy got 6 points total for that somehow so now it was 9-0. Another challenge was unsuccessful and apparently that was the end of the match. 9-0 with 37 seconds left on the clock in the first period.
The one point would be for passivity and he gets put down. I am guessing he had a leg foul which is why he got put down again and probably had another leg foul. I agree though with the greco. It is hard to know what happened. I saw him beat Cape and Sokol is definitely a beast. Passivity is called just to confuse people. I have not talked to anyone, including referees, who knows why one guy gets called and not the other.

60kg: Caleb Rathjen (Sebolt Wrestling Academy) vs Ramon Ramos (Thorobred WC) - #18 @ 126

Semi-Final match-up ????.If they make it you "Pick-em"; Rahjen vs Vandervere. I like Vandervere

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT