ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah, I'm not going to sweat anyone chastising me for not being "proud" of America right now . . .

I’m disgusted with this country. I’m just so sick of this sh*t. I’m always upset/pissed when these shootings occur. But yesterday hit close to home with a number of family friends in the HP area. I saw the note about the young boy looking for family last night and my fear was that both his parents were killed. So disheartening and tragic that turned out to be the case.

I’m not in a position to uproot my family. But if I were single with limited obligations, I’d be out of this country so fast. This country is so far gone at this point.

I’m proud of this country.

A few hundred (this year) mass shooters do not cover 328 million of us.

But we have work to do in many areas, primarily in the area of young men feeling hopeless, secondarily with their access to guns.

Congress has now “done something”. Much more needed.

Yeah maybe don’t be a dumbass. As it turns out, this song told, and continues to tell, a story that definitely needs to be told.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_tha_Police

Don’t be such a fùcking dipshit. Live up to your chosen handle, or just let us know it’s your sarcastic acknowledgment that you’re either fully unwise—because you’re lazy as fùck in constructing your opinions—or you think Iowa is just that dumb.

Reactions: SoProudNole
Mental health improvements, red flag laws, and hopefully more.

Man. “Hopefully more” is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting in this sentence.

But nothing tangible when it comes to limiting access to firearms that aren’t intended for young people, those who may be troubled, those who can’t wait for a background check, etc.?

Cuz muh freedoms…

Man. “Hopefully more” is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting in this sentence.

But nothing tangible when it comes to limiting access to firearms that aren’t intended for young people, those who may be troubled, those who can’t wait for a background check, etc.?

Cuz muh freedoms…
I’m not sure a background check would have prevented recent shootings. That said. I’m for them. People who respect and value the second amendment aren’t your enemy, we despise the shootings and criminals.

I CAN understand why a black man might hold some ill will towards the police, Wisest......I have done nothing to cause the NRA displeasure, yet they disrespect my right to going onto public and protect my safety by guaranteeing every Tom, Dick and Harry the right to own and carry a gun.
It is just a matter of time before some Saturday afternoon some great American decides to celebrate his 2nd A rights and shoot up a football stadium full of people.
It is not "if" this is going to happen but rather "when" it happens. There are simply too many folks who have access to guns. Access needs to be curtailed......and there are many firearms that should never be sold to the public.

I CAN understand why a black man might hold some ill will towards the police, Wisest......I have done nothing to cause the NRA displeasure, yet they disrespect my right to going onto public and protect my safety by guaranteeing every Tom, Dick and Harry the right to own and carry a gun.
It is just a matter of time before some Saturday afternoon some great American decides to celebrate his 2nd A rights and shoot up a football stadium full of people.
It is not "if" this is going to happen but rather "when" it happens. There are simply too many folks who have access to guns. Access needs to be curtailed......and there are many firearms that should never be sold to the public.
Access was easier in the 40s and 50s, what’s changed?

Mental health improvements, red flag laws, and hopefully more.
Like the Texas governor cutting mental health services? The pushback by the republican representatives against red flag laws in the latest bipartisan negotiations? What you wrote is complete bullshit. They have zero intentions of supporting those two items in a real actionable way unless they are under so much f’n pressure it’s the only way. And they then do it so they can claim to have helped. There needs to be a ground swell from the republican base that is not rabid 2A. This lack of progress is on them for not demanding it.

Like the Texas governor cutting mental health services? The pushback by the republican representatives against red flag laws in the latest bipartisan negotiations? What you wrote is complete bullshit. They have zero intentions of supporting those two items in a real actionable way unless they are under so much f’n pressure it’s the only way. And they then do it so they can claim to have helped. There needs to be a ground swell from the republican base that is not rabid 2A. This lack of progress is on them for not demanding it.
Iowa is last in mental health resources, bridges and water quality. Go Kimmie!

I’m not sure a background check would have prevented recent shootings. That said. I’m for them. People who respect and value the second amendment aren’t your enemy, we despise the shootings and criminals.
If we are going to be serious about red flag laws, we need to be serious. Despite my 1st Amendment qualms, I feel this alleged shooter’s social media posts alone should have sufficed to have his guns confiscated, at least temporarily and only returned after a full mental exam.

But I don’t think any NRA-funded pol, and that includes virtually ALL of the GOP, will have the sack to make such a law. So yeah. There is some fairness to making this a partisan issue. I am sure a majority of Democrat lawmakers would support such a robust red flag law.

It is complete and utter nonsense that nothing is being done about this due to a bunch of fearful microdicks.

FW7gilHXgAkiS-n

Republicans will shoot down any sort of public assistance for health care and mental health care.

Bunch of pussies.
You mean like in Texas where Gov. Abbott vetoed $40M for "mental health care" a couple of weeks before the school massacre when he said it was a "mental health issue and not a gun issue"?
Those Republicans?

It is complete and utter nonsense that nothing is being done about this due to a bunch of fearful microdicks.

FW7gilHXgAkiS-n
I am utterly shocked that Joni Ernst backed the very modest gun bill that was just passed. She's normally shoving other politicians out of the way to gorge at the NRA trough. $$$ and fear of a primary challenger allows a lot of politicians to justify dead citizens.

ADVERTISEMENT