ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah, I'm not going to sweat anyone chastising me for not being "proud" of America right now . . .

That’s actually what Senator Cornyn did…the low hanging fruit, and got resoundingly booed at a rally in Texas. If so many gun owners poll as if they want some regulations why would they be that pissed at a Republican who helped get some minor ones.

I'm guessing those gun owners who would be in favor of those things don't show up to Republican conventions.

Sadly the people who show up to these conventions and the people who vote in the primaries are the people who essentially support going to the extreme on any issue and reject the idea of negotiating a compromise. Add in some gerrymandering and we really do have a system where the loudest most extreme voices have the most say.

Patently unfair. Gonegolfing likes Abby.

I mean, everyone also loathes him, but at least they have each other --- and they both listen to the same imaginary radio in their heads --- so it's a match made in idiocy.
Don't you have a "I hate America rally to attend".

GFY - the left is not standing in the way of doing any of that in your second paragraph. Go back and look at who shot down the funding for studies into mass shootings. Go look at who continues to stand in the way of mental health funding.

Your what-aboutism in the first paragraph on this is bullshit.
No kidding.
Also, the recent bipartisan gun bill negotiated in the Senate - which many agreed was just the smallest of small steps in the right direction - got only 14 GOP House votes. 193 voted against it, and it was vocally opposed by House GOP leadership.

Guns exist and we live in country with roughly 330,000,000 people,.. This type of thing will never be eliminated by legislation.

ADVERTISEMENT