ADVERTISEMENT

Year 23, 10-3 with an opportunity to finish 11-3

cidsports

HB King
Good morning Hawk fans!

To be 18 again. lol

Is Iowa entering uncharted territory, with an opportunity to win their fourth bowl under Kirk Ferentz?

Pretty exciting, though the three losses in 2021 did leave a bad taste in most people's mouths. Players, staff and especially fans, right?

Of course, a college classmate shared,

"You are such a blind partisan.
1. I think Iowa loses - nice win for Mark Stoops
2. Most Iowa fans will take 8-10 wins every year, why not - look at Nebraska
3. Iowa offense sucks
3b. Iowas offense has sucked for a long time. Keep it close, win at the end, never blow anyone out, skill positions aren't featured, it's not going to go well for recruiting or the portal.
4. Needs a QB
5. Needs a different OC who can stand up to the head coach.
That's it for now - you're putting peanut butter on a shit sandwich."

What I said to to him was far less than his comments. "Iowa wins bowl game. 4 straight & 11-3 would be 1 game improvement from 2019."

I also mentioned "Baby steps, if it happens. 💛🖤❤"

Iowa at 10-3 vs. Mark Stoops at 9-3 for Kentucky.

It will be an interesting match-up. To end the 2011 season, the match-up with Bob Stoops ended Iowa's last 3 game bowl win streak.

Both Iowa and Kentucky have won 3 straight bowls. We shall see on January 1st.

Will it be C Tyler Linderbaum's final game as a Hawkeye?

One would think so, as a likely Round 1 pick, but we will have to be patient and wait.

Does Iowa lose many players to the draft for 2022?

I hope not. It would be nice to see as many come back. After the 1984 season, TE Jonathan Hayes opted for the draft, though QB Chuck Long did not.

Kirk Ferentz shared he likes this roster and his staff. I have no argument, though I wasn't happy with the three losses, play calling, tackling and final results at times.

I am excited to see what 2022 will bring for the University of Iowa. Outside of the Homecoming Game, I was happy to be back in Kinnick for a season of Iowa Football.

Iowa post 2014, Iowa in 2021, I call it a 7 year itch for many fans, @TomKakert when it comes to frustration, lack of results and such.

Winning is hard. Other than Cincinnati, no one is undefeated.

@TomKakert @Blair Sanderson and @torbee - enjoyed your weekly work this regular season. The Chuck Long Podcasts were great.

The 1981 Iowa team was pretty special. It was only 8-4, but won the Big Ten at 6-2 (co-champs) and lost 28-0 in Rose Bowl.

A lot to be happy about with Iowa Football heading into 2022.

And, the 1991 team didn't win the Big Ten, but finished 10-1-1. Like 2021, they didn't beat Michigan either. Hawks lost 43-24 at Kinnick.

Let's hope one BTN analyst is right. The 15 extra practices can be helpful for this Iowa team. She isn't wrong in saying such.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.