ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, I'm a Democratic Partisan, but Never in My Life Have I ever thought so much was Hanging on the outcome of an Election.

First Rule of HROT Fight Club. NEVER waste your time arguing or trying to make sense of anything that comes out of the mouths of Northern, Bonney, or OIT. It will just drive you to madness. 🤣
lol I’m too new to this forum (been on Hawkeye Report almost 20 years but not HROT).

Reactions: sober_teacher
lol I’m too new to this forum (been on Hawkeye Report almost 20 years but not HROT).
It's all good, I personally lurk MUCH more than I post. Yet, I'm a pretty keen observer and can easily spot some of the worst posters on this board, to which those 3 are definitely in my top 5. Sometimes OIT is entertaining with his crazy, however.

False. Now are you ignorant or lying?
You are blind to it. Please read some of Heather Cox Richardson’s daily letters. She is a historian who is also a professor. She lays it all out there far more eloquently then I ever could. She uses all the information from the public record (no conspiracy theories, etc. ). Check it out, seriously.

So you actually think Trump really believes that voting by mail is fraudulent? He is simply attacking that to put doubt in the authenticity of the election. It is a tactic to circumvent the Democratic process of voting (the most sacred of the pillars). He knows he cannot win the popular vote and is likely not going to win the EC if he cannot suppress enough votes.

Open your eyes dude, you don’t seem to be the stereotypical uneducated MAGA dolt.

I don’t think I ever thought an election would be entirely about character for me. I can understand, respect and agree with conservative principles, or at least understand where they are coming from. I don’t understand Trump, or people who are all in with him. He has zero morals, says whatever he thinks sounds good in the moment, and only cares about what benefits himself the most. That’s not the kind of person I want representing me to the world, or leading my nation through a crisis.
Very well said just like ciggys post.
If trump wins I will be profoundly disappointed in our citizenry.

You are blind to it. Please read some of Heather Cox Richardson’s daily letters. She is a historian who is also a professor. She lays it all out there far more eloquently then I ever could. She uses all the information from the public record (no conspiracy theories, etc. ). Check it out, seriously.

So you actually think Trump really believes that voting by mail is fraudulent? He is simply attacking that to put doubt in the authenticity of the election. It is a tactic to circumvent the Democratic process of voting (the most sacred of the pillars). He knows he cannot win the popular vote and is likely not going to win the EC if he cannot suppress enough votes.

Open your eyes dude, you don’t seem to be the stereotypical uneducated MAGA dolt.

Dude...

That was a lot of effort to put into that guy

You take the lies of the media about Trump as gospel and yet ignore what the man actually does. SMH You probably think he called the Corona virus a hoax too.

Dude...

That was a lot of effort to put into that guy

I think there is good in every one 😀 (almost everyone). Anyway, WB has some interesting takes for sure and he can have his opinion and I’ll have mine. We are all Americans and need to figure out a way to get along at some point.

You take the lies of the media about Trump as gospel and yet ignore what the man actually does. SMH You probably think he called the Corona virus a hoax too.

No this isn’t any media lies. Just listen to what Trump actually says himself. Do you not listen? I guess if you only watch Fox you won’t get much of his BS lol, they try to protect him.

I know for a fact he lied about the seriousness of it because Woodward has him on tape saying how dangerous it was back in January. But in public he said it would go away when it got warmer and he wanted full churches on Easter. That is all Trump either on tape or on TV, no media spin whatsoever. Own it. This isn’t even the tip of the iceberg....

I can understand belief in small govt or less taxes, but I cant understand the attraction of a reality TV con man. He is a disgrace.
So are you you racist POS. Shouldn’t you be starting another thread that gets you universally panned as a jackass? You have zero, zero room to criticize.

• Haha
Reactions: ConvenientParking
No this isn’t any media lies. Just listen to what Trump actually says himself. Do you not listen? I guess if you only watch Fox you won’t get much of his BS lol, they try to protect him.

I know for a fact he lied about the seriousness of it because Woodward has him on tape saying how dangerous it was back in January. But in public he said it would go away when it got warmer and he wanted full churches on Easter. That is all Trump either on tape or on TV, no media spin whatsoever. Own it. This isn’t even the tip of the iceberg....
I don't watch Fox, and I rarely listen to Trump talk. I don't watch his rally's and I don't pay attention to his press conferences. I don't get distracted by the ancillary chaos that he incites and instead watch as he methodically produces results that I like while you guys are all in a tizzy about something he said.

71cl4Er-yRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

After 4 years of this, I really don't understand what Trump's and your vision of what "Great" looks like.

Reactions: dirtypool
please consider what's at stake when you vote.
I have and I’m voting for Trump.

I’m against riots
I’m against Kamala being president
I’m against restrictions on gun rights
I’m against more free stuff for everyone from college to healthcare
I’m against using a horrible pandemic to divide the country
I’m against scaring people away from a pending vaccine because it comes from a particular administration
I’m against secularism and demonization of religion
I’m against taking a chance on a candidate that clearly has slipped intellectually
I’m against packing the court
I’m against adding new states
I’m against getting rid of the filibuster
I’m against getting rid of the EC
I’m against a war on the oil and gas sector of our economy
I’m against taking certain ethnic groups for granted as voters for one party
I’m against tearing apart our common history and making America the problem not the solution
I’m against destroying statues of our founders even when they were flawed or fought against the union

Finally and most importantly, I’m against hating fellow Americans because they vote differently than we do. I don’t agree with liberals but I don’t hate them and sure wouldn’t abandon friends over politics.

Maybe another day I’ll list what I’m for but it’s late.

Trump 2020.

Reactions: your_master5
After 4 years of this, I really don't understand what Trump's and your vision of what "Great" looks like.
Pre pandemic economic and employment numbers. Reduction in illegal border crossings. New trade agreements. Season 2 is gonna be lit as well.

I don't watch Fox, and I rarely listen to Trump talk. I don't watch his rally's and I don't pay attention to his press conferences. I don't get distracted by the ancillary chaos that he incites and instead watch as he methodically produces results that I like while you guys are all in a tizzy about something he said.
I get it a little more now .... if you don’t hear him lying then you can easily justify that the media is making things up and he actually wasn’t lying at all .... Fake News.

The media is just doing their jobs reporting on what he says and does. They ARE listening to everything he says and they Fact check (it is what journalists do). Again, this is how he is attacking another pillar of Democracy - Freedom of the Press. He does this to sow the seeds of doubt so he can dispute anything they say (fake news). Hitler was able to do this very well in Natzi Germany.

I get it a little more now .... if you don’t hear him lying then you can easily justify that the media is making things up and he actually wasn’t lying at all .... Fake News.

The media is just doing their jobs reporting on what he says and does. They ARE listening to everything he says and they Fact check (it is what journalists do). Again, this is how he is attacking another pillar of Democracy - Freedom of the Press. He does this to sow the seeds of doubt so he can dispute anything they say (fake news). Hitler was able to do this very well in Natzi Germany.
:rolleyes:

Pre pandemic economic and employment numbers. Reduction in illegal border crossings. New trade agreements. Season 2 is gonna be lit as well.

Economic and employment was great under Obama and Trump just rode those coattails. It was so good it took Trump 3 years to screw it up.

Ok, so there are fewer illegal border crossing. Not worth separating kids from their parents to the point where they likely will never be rejoined with them. It's a wound that will never heal, much like the Japanese internment camps. That's not great.

LOL @ new trade agreements. He canceled existing trade agreements and then got "new" ones that were almost exactly the same, or worse, than the old ones.

Reactions: j0nnyhb_Prime
Economic and employment was great under Obama and Trump just rode those coattails. It was so good it took Trump 3 years to screw it up.

Ok, so there are fewer illegal border crossing. Not worth separating kids from their parents to the point where they likely will never be rejoined with them. It's a wound that will never heal, much like the Japanese internment camps. That's not great.

LOL @ new trade agreements. He canceled existing trade agreements and then got "new" ones that were almost exactly the same, or worse, than the old ones.
lol

what is the obsession with illegal border crossings? most of those people were filling jobs that Americans have proven they don’t want anyway! The lies about illegals on crime spree rampages to spread fear among Trumpers was despicable.

what is the obsession with illegal border crossings? most of those people were filling jobs that Americans have proven they don’t want anyway! The lies about illegals on crime spree rampages to spread fear among Trumpers was despicable.

I'm not a Bible expert but that's some serious BS in that post. Not sure what version of the bible that is, but it's very different from what I know. Here, this is what the Bible actually says about immigration.

Or a more Catholic view...

I always respected the people who had different views about how best to lead our country into the future, but I never before appropriately questioned their commitment to the American Promise of democracy, that every vote counts and that we have checks and balances to protect from the tyranny of he minority, but this election has bottled my mind. The fact that there was a single Republican who stood up and voted to convict an obviously corrupt, unqualified and unfit President was utterly disheartening to me. I fear for the future of our country, if not for the rest of the world as well if Trump is re-elected. History has shown that Democracy is fragile. For most of my life, I thought most of the politicians on both sides of the aisle understood that and would do what they considered to be the best for the future of our nation. I no longer can feel that way, or respect anyone who supports Trump or anyone who enables or is complicit with him. I know I won't change anyone's minds who support his assault on our system of government, but please consider what's at stake when you vote.
Are you going to provide any information for why you believe these things or are you just going for the feels?

I’m against riots
I’m against scaring people away from a pending vaccine because it comes from a particular administration
I’m against taking a chance on a candidate that clearly has slipped intellectually
I’m against tearing apart our common history and making America the problem not the solution
I’m against destroying statues of our founders even when they were flawed or fought against the union

Finally and most importantly, I’m against hating fellow Americans because they vote differently than we do. I don’t agree with liberals but I don’t hate them and sure wouldn’t abandon friends over politics.

Trump 2020.
04f4cda650c7fe693905a0ff83aef566.jpg

I’m against voter suppression, corruption, isolationism, nationalism, environmental destruction, racism, police brutality, healthcare inequality, corporate welfare, nepotism, despots, authoritarianism, and willingly letting a deadly virus wipeout hundreds of thousands of Americans for my 401k. That’s why I voted for Biden.

I’m against voter suppression, corruption, isolationism, nationalism, environmental destruction, racism, police brutality, healthcare inequality, corporate welfare, nepotism, despots, authoritarianism, and willingly letting a deadly virus wipeout hundreds of thousands of Americans for my 401k. That’s why I voted for Biden.
:rolleyes:

And this is why you guys will never understand. You’re so caught up in the personality of the man. The rest of us are not.
This is what I don't get! There are likely thousands of people who would follow conservative policies and are not the piece of shit human being trump is and not nearly as incompetent. Why not get someone who will give you the policies trump does but is not a colossal butthead?

I’m against riots

Trump 2020.
Notice that is all stuff you are against? What are you FOR? Kind of defines your side. Not for much just want to prevent the other side from doing anything.

ADVERTISEMENT