ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, it was a coup orchestrated by the GOP directly

I look at you, and your participation on this board, and you're one of the ones holding matches in one hand and a gallon of gasoline in the other.
My participation here is calling out the dangers of Trump leading up to 2020 and now the insurrection after January 6th so you couldn't be more mistaken.

Reactions: Tom Paris
It's going to happen whether Trump does anything. Look on this board, it's loaded with people that just despise one another, and they seem to get a lot of enjoyment from fighting with one another. If that were gone they wouldn't have anything to fill their spare time with. Americans enjoy hating each other.
I despise Republicans. What they've done to try destroying our country, I absolutely despise them. They will get zero sympathy from me.

i'm disgusted with Donald Trump as much as someone can be. But, I love this country more than I hate Donald Trump.
That is laudable, however, the cult loves Trump more than the country, and they are willing to play dirty to win. They don't mind it one bit if you get squashed in order to restore Trump to the WH.
I'm not into what you and Chis have going on today, but we are sucking as a country in recognizing that the cult is not playing by any set of rules.

That is laudable, however, the cult loves Trump more than the country, and they are willing to play dirty to win. They don't mind it one bit if you get squashed in order to restore Trump to the WH.
I'm not into what you and Chis have going on today, but we are sucking as a country in recognizing that the cult is not playing by any set of rules.
That's a fair assessment. But, if you watch the Bill Maher video, it's worth the insight.

You can't just kill these people. And, you can't "out-fight" them. If "Liberals" are really the more intelligent of the whole bunch, then getting in a "hate fight" with the low IQ Trump cult is a complete waste of time. You cannot "win" that. It's impossible. Meantime, the entire social fabric of the country is at stake. You probably cannot convert Trump cultists... ever. But, I can promise you that denigrating them, insulting them, and wishing them dead is not going to solve ANYTHING. All that does is get the country closer to a modern-day civil war.

Why would you waste your time engaging with that poster? I dunno why anyone wastes their time. They're trolling the whole operation. And, if they're not, there's literally NOTHING that would EVER change their mind. If you like wasting your time, knock yourself out.
I root for the hawkeyes, cubs and bears. Call me the eternal optimist.

Reactions: Rudolph
There is no coming together with these lying ****ing traitors. They must be defeated or we are done.
You ignorant hick, don't you realize the R's will win both the House and Senate? In the 2024 election Donald Trump will be elected for yet another 4 years and rightfully take back his seat in the White House.

There's no defeating "them." There's only a fight, a perpetual argument that leads to hatred. The Bosnian that Maher references in his anecdote is a prediction that will come true. These people become addicted to hating each other. That's a really dangerous place to be.
I work with a lot of Bosnians. This thought has been shared by many of them.

Once again you cannot come together with these evil ****s. It can't be done and I do appreciate that sentiment though.
Gee, Chis, what do you think a lot of these people have been saying about the libturds? We’re all just a bunch of self-centered, evil mutha f#ckers. We haven’t had a functioning democracy in a long time. Donald Trump just took advantage of the situation and exploited it for his own ends. But let’s stop pretending our country started unraveling with Trump. Sure, the process was expedited with Diaper Don, but he is far from the root cause.

Think about it.

There's no defeating "them." There's only a fight, a perpetual argument that leads to hatred. The Bosnian that Maher references in his anecdote is a prediction that will come true. These people become addicted to hating each other. That's a really dangerous place to be.
The Confederates were defeated. The Nazis were defeated. Only white men being able to vote was defeated. Only straight people being able to marry was defeated. Our entire country is built on defeating wrongs. But it only happens through struggle. Not one of these wrongs would have been overcome by laying down. Fighting back is our only choice.

Reactions: Tom Paris
There's no defeating "them."
There’s not. It’s a cat chasing its tail. And hate begets more hate.

Don’t get me wrong. I despise Donald Trump and wish he’d just go away. I also enjoy bantering back and forth with others on here and talking some mad shit. But c’mon. I’m not here to save democracy. Anyone who thinks they are needs to get a grip.

“Desecrations” exist on both sides of the aisle. And tribalism is dangerous no matter who it afflicts. Chis doesn’t get that yet.

The Confederates were defeated. The Nazis were defeated. Only white men being able to vote was defeated. Only straight people being able to marry was defeated. Our entire country is built on defeating wrongs. But it only happens through struggle. Not one of these wrongs would have been overcome by laying down. Fighting back is our only choice.
That’s not what strumming is talking about and you know it.

But, again, please wake me when we go to war with GQP desecrations so I can participate in the killing. 🤨

There’s not. It’s a cat chasing its tail. And hate begets more hate.

Don’t get me wrong. I despise Donald Trump and wish he’d just go away. I also enjoy bantering back and forth with others on here and talking some mad shit. But c’mon. I’m not here to save democracy. Anyone who thinks they are needs to get a grip.

“Desecrations” exist on both sides of the aisle. And tribalism is dangerous no matter who it afflicts. Chis doesn’t get that yet.
We are well past this on the GOP side of things JFC

ADVERTISEMENT