ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, it was a coup orchestrated by the GOP directly

There isn't going to be any enjoyment. None of this shit is fun.
Ohhhh, I disagree, there. You guys love this activity! You indulge in it with vigor!

And, if you have to physically fight those people? You'll lose. Maybe liberals don't really have the brains they're supposed to have! lol

This is a made up piece of propaganda you are falling for. It's in the same vein as claims that Obama was a communist, Biden is working with the Ukraine, or that the Clintons owned a secret sex parlor at a pizza restaurant.

Libs worrying about Climate Change, wealth equality, LGBTQ and minority rights, and keeping religion out of school isn't talking down. It's duscussing reality. What you are asking is that libs stop talking about reality. That's not reasonable.
It is not in the same vein at all.

At some point, you and other libs need to ask yourselves why working class white men are no longer in your tent as well as most religious people. The fact they have bought into bullshit dating back to Reagan is beside the point. There’s a reason they feel more welcome on the right.

I’ll be honest. I agree with you and the libs more times than not. But I am far from a hardcore lib and disagree with some policy points and many tactics. And guess what? I get ripped to shreds every time by libs on here. I don’t care. I’m a big boy and it’s not going to endear me to the Trump nonsense, but not everyone is as “sophisticated” and “intellectual” as your stereotypical liberal and at some point you guys are going to have to figure out trying to connect more with others at whatever level they’re at is more of a winning strategy than browbeating and belittling them. Donald Trump put it best: “I love the poorly educated.” The fact he’s full of shit is irrelevant. It’s politics. Perception is paramount.

Voting for him is one thing. Wanting a Trump Dictatorship is something else entirely!!! See... this is so far gone, I can't even reach those who seem to be more level-headed. There's so much blind hatred now that I don't think it even matters. People are addicted to their beliefs and they don't want to change. And, refusing to change is about the most conservative thing a person can do!
You don't believe that Rs want authoritarian rule under Trump?

Oh I agree with this. The problem is, we didn't think it was possible for our democracy to die. Now we know it's on the brink and we don't want to live in an authoritarian shit hole country lead by EVIL.
Well me neither. So how about we try a different strategy than belittling everyone who isn’t as smart and sophisticated as all the fine folks on the left?

It is not in the same vein at all.

At some point, you and other libs need to ask yourselves why working class white men are no longer in your tent as well as most religious people. The fact they have bought into bullshit dating back to Reagan is beside the point. There’s a reason they feel more welcome on the right.

I’ll be honest. I agree with you and the libs more times than not. But I am far from a hardcore lib and disagree with some policy points and many tactics. And guess what? I get ripped to shreds every time by libs on here. I don’t care. I’m a big boy and it’s not going to endear me to the Trump nonsense, but not everyone is as “sophisticated” and “intellectual” as your stereotypical liberal and at some point you guys are going to have to figure out trying to connect more with others at whatever level they’re at is more of a winning strategy than browbeating and belittling them. Donald Trump put it best: “I love the poorly educated.” The fact he’s full of shit is irrelevant. It’s politics. Perception is paramount.
Easy. Racism and lack of education. Progress is leaving working class white men behind so they cling to conmen like Trump as a way to feel empowered again.

Reactions: Rudolph
You don't believe that Rs want authoritarian rule under Trump?
No, I don't. Not at all. And, you need to be more specific than "R's." Do I think the low IQ Trump devotee is okay wit that? Sure, I do! Do I think that the movers and shakers in the GOP want that? HELL NO! I think most conservatives wish Trump never came along, but they're threatened by "liberals." So, who is at fault?

Americans are ignoring their ability to compromise and be considerate of each other. The last time that happened, it resulted in the American Civil War. It won't be two armies this time. This time, it will be much, much worse!

I don't think people are thinking this through... just like they didn't back then. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Reactions: jasonrann
Well me neither. So how about we try a different strategy than belittling everyone who isn’t as smart and sophisticated as all the fine folks on the left?
How about Rs stop belittling us for a change? Attacks on minorities, women, immigrants, and the LGBTQ. Attacks on schools, healthcare, wage gaps, and Climate Change. Anything that Rs feels threatens their Christian white privilege, they attack. Asking not to be attacked isn't us belittling them. It's asking for fairness and sustainability.

Easy. Racism and lack of education. Progress is leaving working class white men behind so they cling to conmen like Trump as a way to feel empowered again.
Do you care why conservatives are afraid of what "liberals" have become, or what they believe is in store for them if "liberals" prevail? I promise you that their story is a lot like yours, except the names are in reverse. They're afraid of being under a dictatorship!

You guys are so much alike that it's almost funny. You can use different scenery, but the nutty outcomes are identical. And, it just feeds on itself.

Reactions: TennNole17
No, I don't. Not at all. And, you need to be more specific than "R's." Do I think the low IQ Trump devotee is okay wit that? Sure, I do! Do I think that the movers and shakers in the GOP want that? HELL NO! I think most conservatives wish Trump never came along, but they're threatened by "liberals." So, who is at fault?

Americans are ignoring their ability to compromise and be considerate of each other. The last time that happened, it resulted in the American Civil War. It won't be two armies this time. This time, it will be much, much worse!

I don't think people are thinking this through... just like they didn't back then. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
90% of Rs support Trump. They cheered when he said he may never leave. Virtually all protected his coup attempt to overthrow the election including every last Republican from Iowa. It is impossible for you to claim the Republican party doesn't want one Trump rule.

How about Rs stop belittling us for a change? Attacks on minorities, women, immigrants, and the LGBTQ. Attacks on schools, healthcare, wage gaps, and Climate Change. Anything that Rs feels threatens their Christian white privilege, they attack. Asking not to be attacked isn't us belittling them. It's asking for fairness and sustainability.
You’re absolutely right. Tribalism cuts both ways. Everyone needs to do better.

Good night, Huey.

Reactions: strummingram
Do you care why conservatives are afraid of what "liberals" have become, or what they believe is in store for them if "liberals" prevail? I promise you that their story is a lot like yours, except the names are in reverse. They're afraid of being under a dictatorship!

You guys are so much alike that it's almost funny. You can use different scenery, but the nutty outcomes are identical. And, it just feeds on itself.
Yes, they are afraid of a dicatorship. Which is why Republicans are so willing to install their own dictatorship first. Decades of brainwashing has convinced Rs that equality is a threat.

Have you met Trad and Goldmom? Turkey is mainstream R now.
Yes, I’ve made it abundantly clear I think Trad is an asshole. I also went full Chis-bomb on goldmom a month or so ago standing up for you and Belem. And you know what? I later regretted it. To the point I’ve even debated tagging her in an apology.

I’m done with the vitriol, Huey. I’ll still be me and say stupid shit for grins but I’m not ever again going to stoop to that level. I think you and Chis mean well but at some point you have to step back and ask yourselves what are you really accomplishing.

Yes, they are afraid of a dicatorship. Which is why Republicans are so willing to install their own dictatorship first. Decades of brainwashing has convinced Rs that equality is a threat.
What are you and Chis going to do when your Democratic leaders do NOTHING? They're not going to indict and prosecute and imprison ANYONE that makes a difference. Giuliani, Bannon, Trump, Trump Jr, none of them are going anywhere and the Democratic leadership seems to be content with that.

So, maybe they know better? You usually trust whatever they say and do. Is this any different? The more you attach your life to this shit, the more it will dictate your reality.

America has been trending toward authoritarianism for awhile. Thanks to Congress unwillingness to reign in Presidential powers. And the voters unwillingness to throw out the careerists. We've earned it.

America has been trending toward authoritarianism for awhile. Thanks to Congress unwillingness to reign in Presidential powers. And the voters unwillingness to throw out the careerists. We've earned it.
Agreed on this. And this thread proves it. Not 10 months out from a violent coup against our capitol and the continued rejection of free elections and posters are already arguing that it was no big deal and that both sides are equally bad so lets forgive and forget. We most certainly deserve what we get if we ignore these attacks on our democracy.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Despite the hysterical rhetoric surrounding the events of January 6th, what stands out is what happened was much more hoax than insurrection. It wasn't an insurrection at all. An "insurrection" as the dictionary will tell you is a violent uprising against a government or other established authority. Unlike the "violent" riots that swept the country in the summer of 2020 -- riots that that caused some 2 billion in property damage and claimed more than 20 lives. The January 6th protest at the Capitol building lasted a few hours, caused minimal damage, and the only person directly killed was an unarmed female who was shot by a nervous Capitol Police officer.

The aftermath of the January 6th insurrection hoax is just as laughable as the narrative the Dems are trying to push, turning Washington into an armed camp was mostly theater. There was no threat that the Washington police could not have handled. It was simply a show of aggressive force and an act of intimidation. The message was "we're in charge now, rubes, and don't forget it."

• Haha
Despite the hysterical rhetoric surrounding the events of January 6th, what stands out is what happened was much more hoax than insurrection. It wasn't an insurrection at all. An "insurrection" as the dictionary will tell you is a violent uprising against a government or other established authority. Unlike the "violent" riots that swept the country in the summer of 2020 -- riots that that caused some 2 billion in property damage and claimed more than 20 lives. The January 6th protest at the Capitol building lasted a few hours, caused minimal damage, and the only person directly killed was an unarmed female who was shot by a nervous Capitol Police officer.

The aftermath of the January 6th insurrection hoax is just as laughable as the narrative the Dems are trying to push, turning Washington into an armed camp was mostly theater. There was no threat that the Washington police could not have handled. It was simply a show of aggressive force and an act of intimidation. The message was "we're in charge now, rubes, and don't forget it."
It's time for a new character.

There were people there who definitely thought they were having a Boston Tea Party moment. And there’s people there who just wanted what they were promised- evidence.

arrest the former. Hope the later learned who to trust and aren’t as easily misguided in the future.

officials involved should be charged (but won’t). I’d be surprised if an aide was fired.

ADVERTISEMENT