ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday Cooper Koch scored 17 points....in the First Quarter

He’s definitely a shooter, and with that length he should be able to get his shot off. Would be nice to see some different types of shots and more ball handling. With the other guy in his class (name escaping me), who is supposed to be a great defender and rebounder, I think we have put together 2-3 very good classes that should complement each other.

Reactions: Franisdaman
He has a better stroke than Patrick...more like Uthoff.
And I agree that getting Chris Tadjo makes for a nice duo.
These 2 along with this year's 4 frosh gives us a core group to build around.
Need to add a true rim protector big to back Owen, then at least 2 athletic wings that can shoot and slash and defend.

I don’t know that he’ll ever be a star player, but he can be a valuable 2nd or 3rd option for us in a couple years.

Would be a good building block piece for a new coach along with some of our youngsters. With Fran, who knows?

JR I believe was listed at 6'9
I found 6'10. I actually thought he was pushing 7 feet, but still pretty tall.

Also he finished with way fewer made 3s than I thought, and didn't make the 1000 point club. Really thought stat wise he had a much bigger college career, but he still got drafted.

Cooper hit the game winning three point shot in OT yesterday to help his team win the 49th Jack Tosh CHAMPIONSHIP.

His stats:
3-5 (60%) from three
3-7 (43%) from 2 pt range
6-12 (50%) overall shooting

4-4 (100%) FTs

19 Points
4 Rebounds
2 Assists
1 Steal

Check out the game winning shot here:

GCpB8tDWQAA8fPH

Reactions: Mohawkeye
He looks to be a slightly shorter clone of Jared Uthoff. Hopefully he turns out that well. He could definitely use a few pounds, but I could see him being a spark of the bench like Payton was his freshman year. Put him, Payton and Dix out there and teams are going to have to pick their 3 point poison.

He looks to be a slightly shorter clone of Jared Uthoff. Hopefully he turns out that well. He could definitely use a few pounds, but I could see him being a spark of the bench like Payton was his freshman year. Put him, Payton and Dix out there and teams are going to have to pick their 3 point poison.
Iowa; jump shooter team 💯
We all know how this turns out during crunch time.
Fran and Kirk should play cards together; no bluffing anllowed and just keep betting on a pair of 5’a all night long.

Iowa; jump shooter team 💯
We all know how this turns out during crunch time.
Fran and Kirk should play cards together; no bluffing anllowed and just keep betting on a pair of 5’a all night long.
Freeman is not a jump shooter. Tadjo is not a jump shooter. Dembele is not a jump shooter. I think people will be pleasantly surprised at how physical we will be able to play next year and I think we are going to surprise everyone but me with how good we are. I like the pieces on this team. I think they fit together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT