ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday's Crowd

Suterman

HB Legend
Nov 13, 2003
While not a sellout, I thought there was a very nice crowd on hand yesterday and they were very vocal. If we can handle an average ISU team, that will set the stage nicely for a sell out, night game against Pitt. I liked what I saw yesterday and if we play as well against the Cyclones, we will win solidly.

Reactions: ichawk24
Still hoping Ross P. goes down in flames at Alabama? As you can see by the way they ran over Wisconsin, he did just fine last night, BTW.

Still hoping Ross P. goes down in flames at Alabama? As you can see by the way they ran over Wisconsin, he did just fine last night, BTW.

Did I miss anywhere in this thread where the name 'Ross P.' was mentioned? Someone needs to take their love fest for RP to the Bama board.

BTW, just for the record, the little of the game I watched last night, there were more than one or two instances where #71 could stand improvement to his technique and performance. My definition of just fine probably is something different than yours though.

Reactions: PHXIowaClub
I agree with the original statement. Maybe not a sell out, but if we beat ISU I could see 65-68,000 I think

Looked great on TV.

Sounded loud too. And, for being under 60k, it still looked full on TV

Sides were full. At least the home side was. Hard to tell if visitor sides full when you are in it. Ends up top were not.

Mr Piersbacher, nobody gives a F
I give a F! Nice to see a hard working kid from Iowa making waves at such a young age chasing his dreams. And yeah he is going to make mistakes and have things to work on. I'm sure Wisconsin has some decent D-lineman to battle with. Quit being such haters.

I think the 10k that didn't come were the ones that don't cheer anyway.

The 60k that showed up wanted to be there and it showed.

Sounds good in theory but I take the opposite view. The fans that were lost were the passionate ones without $1m bank accounts. The ones that care so much that they are pissed off about the product and worry about the long-term trend and future. The ones that stick around are the blindly loyal.

I'm loyal to the Hawks and won't miss a game on TV/radio, but I'm withholding monetary support as a way to inspire change.

Mr Piersbacher, nobody gives a F

Not Mr. P. Don't know the kid or his family. The OP said in another thread he hoped Ross would "go down in flames" at Bama. That was a cheap shot, from an adult who holds a prominent position at an IC radio station. Was just reminding him of that.

Last edited:
Did I miss anywhere in this thread where the name 'Ross P.' was mentioned? Someone needs to take their love fest for RP to the Bama board.

BTW, just for the record, the little of the game I watched last night, there were more than one or two instances where #71 could stand improvement to his technique and performance. My definition of just fine probably is something different than yours though.

The kid's a starting guard for Alabama as a RS freshman and they just rolled Wisconsin, primarily on the ground. I didn't watch much of the game, but in the plays I saw, he handled his man very well. I'm sure he didn't play a perfect game, as no O-lineman does, but I have no doubt he's doing just fine. I'd say your definition is unrealistic.

Sounds good in theory but I take the opposite view. The fans that were lost were the passionate ones without $1m bank accounts. The ones that care so much that they are pissed off about the product and worry about the long-term trend and future. The ones that stick around are the blindly loyal.

I'm loyal to the Hawks and won't miss a game on TV/radio, but I'm withholding monetary support as a way to inspire change.
Did you watch the game? Have you been reading/listening to Morehouse the last 3 months? Changes have been made. Deal with it or go follow the clowns

*shakes head*

Looking around, I thought the crowd was over 60,000. Given the circumstances (smaller crowd / heat) I thought the crowd was pretty vocal.

I was a little worried when Back in Black started and it was still half empty.

I give a F! Nice to see a hard working kid from Iowa making waves at such a young age chasing his dreams. And yeah he is going to make mistakes and have things to work on. I'm sure Wisconsin has some decent D-lineman to battle with. Quit being such haters.

Who cares where he came from? I don't care where players on our roster come from, as long as they want to be Hawkeyes. If he wasn't a Hawk he shouldn't have committed in the first place.

Who cares where he came from? I don't care where players on our roster come from, as long as they want to be Hawkeyes. If he wasn't a Hawk he shouldn't have committed in the first place.
I care. I follow high school football closely in Iowa. I watched a few of Ross's games. He is a phenomenal talent who at the ripe old age of 18 decided to change his mind and go to a school that could contend for a National title. He knew that it was a possibility he would be buried on Bama's depth chart. And he knew that if he came to Iowa he could play right away. He accepted the challenge, worked his butt off and now is starting as a freshman for Alafreakinbama! Props to him. #Iowakidsrepresenting

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Not Mr. P. Don't know the kid or his family. The OP said in another thread he hoped Ross would "do down in flames" at Bama. That was a cheap shot, from an adult who holds a prominent position at an IC radio station. Was just reminding him of that.

Oh, so this original response of yours had absolutely nothing to do with the topic in this thread. Good to know.

Reactions: ichawk24
The kid's a starting guard for Alabama as a RS freshman and they just rolled Wisconsin, primarily on the ground. I didn't watch much of the game, but in the plays I saw, he handled his man very well. I'm sure he didn't play a perfect game, as no O-lineman does, but I have no doubt he's doing just fine. I'd say your definition is unrealistic.

So what? The topic of this thread had to do with a game played in Iowa City yesterday and nothing to do with Alabama and RP. Try to stay focused.

As for your unwavering adoration of RP, I personally do not care what your opinion of how he performed is. I have a differing idea based upon what I saw in very limited viewing of the game. I observed a QB that was hurried, interrupted and sacked or very nearly sacked by defensive players coming right by #71. IF history is any indicator, that will need to improve and improve quickly because others in the same shoes have found themselves outside of a scholarship in Tuscaloosa (witness the annual over signing of recruits by Saban). The fact that one of the lowest of lows in the entire profession is now on the staff (Kiffin) and I will not be surprised by anything that happens with and/or to Alabama football.

Back to the original post... do you agree that the fans in Kinnick were notable due to the weather and all the other factors? Were you even at the game?

Did you watch the game? Have you been reading/listening to Morehouse the last 3 months? Changes have been made. Deal with it or go follow the clowns

*shakes head*

I did watch the game and I follow Twitter every day. Talking about change is all fine and dandy. Actually committing to it over the course of 12 games and the results on the field matter more than talking about it. I definitely saw reason to be cautiously optimistic yesterday!

Reactions: lenoxhawks
What's with all the name calling? Man alive people. Do you think that helps prove whatever it is you are rambling about? I will leave this one for the moderators

What a load of crap. So there were 60,000 millionaires in the stands Saturday? Another load of crap. The product on the field is the players. They support the coaches. Take your pettiness over the coach and stick it. Stay home and post your blindly anonymous bs.

Reactions: Arizona_Hawks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT