ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday's Keegan & Kris Signing Event Resulted in Checks Presented to Special Olympics & UI Children's Hospital

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
FQEt3ZhXEAYBZhk

FQEt3ZfXoAcfCQ7

FQEt3ZeWQAE0sFU

That's good stuff. One takeaway I had from seeing some of pictures on twitter from that event is there is a lot of interest in Hawkeye basketball from young kids. That's awesome! Maybe the U of Iowa can tap into it more and get those kids some tickets to games. Like maybe give 100s of tickets to every elementary schools in a 40 mile radius. Free tickets. To games like whoever next years version of UMKC or Longwood. Have a Hawkeye player or two deliver them to the school. Kids will come and make some noise. Put some people in those 8000 empty seats, maybe they'll buy a hot dog or something so Iowa can make a few bucks.

Then you start to create some memories for the kids... and they will want to come back....or become U of I students who show up to the games... or whatever.

I know its been talked about endlessly-attendance that is. Its been a really good program. Obviously we always want a little more out of it, but making Carver a noisier place with more people is one thing that can be done.

Went there with my kids. Arrived 35 minutes early. Still waiting 2.5 hours. Line wrapped around the entire store and then out the door. Even with that KnK took the time to answer questions from my boys about basketball when it was our turn up front. Incredibly gracious and way more mature than I was at that age. The boys were star struck. Very cool event

That's good stuff. One takeaway I had from seeing some of pictures on twitter from that event is there is a lot of interest in Hawkeye basketball from young kids. That's awesome! Maybe the U of Iowa can tap into it more and get those kids some tickets to games. Like maybe give 100s of tickets to every elementary schools in a 40 mile radius. Free tickets. To games like whoever next years version of UMKC or Longwood. Have a Hawkeye player or two deliver them to the school. Kids will come and make some noise. Put some people in those 8000 empty seats, maybe they'll buy a hot dog or something so Iowa can make a few bucks.

Then you start to create some memories for the kids... and they will want to come back....or become U of I students who show up to the games... or whatever.

I know its been talked about endlessly-attendance that is. Its been a really good program. Obviously we always want a little more out of it, but making Carver a noisier place with more people is one thing that can be done.
Yeah, that's an excellent idea!

Kids wouldn't care if the Hawks played Eastern Southern Minnesota. Give 2 tickets to a kid (one for a parent), or heck even 3 (for both parents). Zero cost.

And, I'll bet a lot of season ticket holders that weren't planning to go to the game anyway would hand over the tickets as well.

Crap, for those November games you could get tickets for an entire class. (or an entire school).

Went there with my kids. Arrived 35 minutes early. Still waiting 2.5 hours. Line wrapped around the entire store and then out the door. Even with that KnK took the time to answer questions from my boys about basketball when it was our turn up front. Incredibly gracious and way more mature than I was at that age. The boys were star struck. Very cool event

Reactions: Hawk_4shur

I like that idea. I will look into how many tickets can be purchased in a bunch. That would be another way the Murray family can give back. I wouldn't have my family if it weren't for the Iowa Basketball program. Love it!!

I like that idea. I will look into how many tickets can be purchased in a bunch. That would be another way the Murray family can give back. I wouldn't have my family if it weren't for the Iowa Basketball program. Love it!!

Jumpshot00, you should apply for a job in the Iowa Marketing Dept. ;)

Kenyon, you would think that against the Quad 4 and other lower level opponents, Iowa could give away tickets to school kids, who could then drag their parents to the games.

When looking at last season, there could have been at least 8 opportunities for this; Longwood was Quad 3; the other 7 were Quad 4.

NET
Rank...............Victory Margin

#147 Longwood (by 33 points)
#197 UMKC (by 32 points)
#221 Western Illinois (by 21 points)
#276 SE Louisiana (by 31 points)
#282 NC Central (by 17 points)
#296 Portland State (by 34 points)
#316 Alabama State (by 26 points)
#336 Western Michigan (by 48 points)

Reactions: Jumpshot00
Jumpshot00, you should apply for a job in the Iowa Marketing Dept. ;)

Kenyon, you would think that against the Quad 4 and other lower level opponents, Iowa could give away tickets to school kids, who could then drag their parents to the games.

When looking at last season, there could have been at least 8 opportunities for this; Longwood was Quad 3; the other 7 were Quad 4.

NET
Rank...............Victory Margin

#147 Longwood (by 33 points)
#197 UMKC (by 32 points)
#221 Western Illinois (by 21 points)
#276 SE Louisiana (by 31 points)
#282 NC Central (by 17 points)
#296 Portland State (by 34 points)
#316 Alabama State (by 26 points)
#336 Western Michigan (by 48 points)
I will start this off by saying you are all good with giving away other peoples money--just saying--
why don't we start our own block of all these great internet fans buying tickets in a certain block and the U can donate those as mentioned above--

I will begin this by saying I will buy 4 season tickets to both men's and wmn's bball for next year and have them donated in this block--this way the U does benefit and the buyers still get the tax deduct if you live in certain states. we can ask the ticket mgr to set up some kind of fund name to hold the tix in.--Hawkeye Report area.

Secondly I will say i just read where Ohio St had their annual student ticket holder fball appreciation day where the students who had season tickets were able to come and interact with coaches and players.
Alford did this when he first got here and it generated a ton of excitement in the students.
Another is maybe for the teams to interact more postgame with the students as well--OSU sings their alma mater after games and the players and cheerleaders stand in front of the students who stay for the entirety to sing as well.

the coaches of these programs have some responsibility in this as well...

when do you all want to start...?

YOU are part of the Iowa basketball program. People like you and your family are what makes it great and us fans proud!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT