ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes, looks like we are going to hit 50k cases today

d0f7b59a96d5f4e3a1be7a4ad2d050f058964018cd19719148f9e172dfd7295c.jpg

240837_rgb_768.jpg

To put some perspective on 50,302 cases in a day and the 306,526 cases last 7 days:

TOTAL CASES | DEAD
New York 418,605 | 32,143
UK 313,483 | 43,906
Spain 296,739 | 28,363
Italy 240,760 | 34,788

Hard not to see how each day that we spit out a 40-50K positive cases number it won't translate into 2-3K more dead.

What's California's story on this? I need to get caught back up. I thought they had done really well...

Reactions: 3boysmom
I was wondering the same. People keep talking about Florida and Texas but California seems to be escaping the ire.
I guess the question I have is what is the positive testing rate. CA is so freaking populated their 1,000 is like 75 for Iowa without doing the actual math.

Last edited:
Other thing I'm noticing -- and perhaps it doesn't mean much -- is that lower latitudes, say, under 38, are doing so much worse than northern. World wide.

I guess the question I have is what is the positive testing rate. CA is so freaking populated their 1,000 is like 75 for Iowa without doing the actual math.
Answering my own question looks like 5% which isn’t bad. It is just 5% of a big number is a relatively big number.

Reactions: 3boysmom
It's everywhere. Wife works in a Drs office and every patient has to be tested and negative before they come to their appointment. They have had a number of positives but nobody showing any symptoms.

It's either sitting dormant in an extremely high number of people, or the tests are producing a lot of false positives.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
Other thing I'm noticing -- and perhaps it doesn't mean much -- is that lower latitudes, say, under 38, are doing so much worse than northern. World wide.
Generally poorer...generally more densely populated areas. Recipe for disaster.

Reactions: z_ape
I brought this up a month ago with people fleeing inside to AC but was poo pooed by someone from AZ. Basically the inverse of flu season up north when we are all inside to flee the cold.

Reactions: z_ape
Can someone confirm that if you for say have cancer. Go to hospital and die. They test you and determine you have Covid-19 are you considered a cancer death, Covid-19, or both?

Can someone confirm that if you for say have cancer. Go to hospital and die. They test you and determine you have Covid-19 are you considered a cancer death, Covid-19, or both?
I am putting you on ignore because i feel like you are well represented by whatever other handles you have here. I am sure @Legend12 has a detailed spreadsheet with IP addresses to let us know what they are.

I am putting you on ignore because i feel like you are well represented by whatever other handles you have here. I am sure @Legend12 has a detailed spreadsheet with IP addresses to let us know what they are.

It's probably because I called him Legend in his own mind. So, this site is branding folks they don't like based on other users spreadsheet.

To put some perspective on 50,302 cases in a day and the 306,526 cases last 7 days:

TOTAL CASES | DEAD
New York 418,605 | 32,143
UK 313,483 | 43,906
Spain 296,739 | 28,363
Italy 240,760 | 34,788

Hard not to see how each day that we spit out a 40-50K positive cases number it won't translate into 2-3K more dead.
The European Union, which encompasses about 440 M people, had 3500 new corona virus cases today.

Reactions: noleclone2
I’m doing an estate for a gentleman who had a plethora of health issues and went into the hospital for kidney failure but died in the hospital like a day later. Covid was listed as the first cause of death. So it does happen. But that’s the only one I know of currently.

It's probably because I called him Legend in his own mind. So, this site is branding folks they don't like based on other users spreadsheet.

I can’t speak for everyone but I am branding you based off my opinion that you are a douchebag.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT