ADVERTISEMENT

You all still realize it's a matter of when.......not if, yeah?

Feb 25, 2008
Kirk’s contract is up in 2029. He's not getting a new one. He's not getting an extension.

That sets a pretty finite time table for which our fanbase can work.

Kirk may never change.....but he won't always be Iowa's head coach. Just like Brian won't remain as OC, or ever even sniff the job for next HC. Even Gary Barta will be gone eventually.

So the question you really need to be asking yourselves......is not whether things will change or not..........but rather will you stick around (either by choice or otherwise......) to see it happen?

The worst thing that will happen to this program is fans not caring about Iowa football and growing apathetic. I believe it's happening right now.

It's purely anecdotal, but I just feel like people are beginning to not care because there is almost nothing we can do about it. I grew up listening and then watching every Iowa game, live in Iowa, went to the University of Iowa and had season tickets for 12 years. I can feel it and I know big Hawkeyes fans that I am friends with feel the same way. And it's not just because of this year.

This same thought process was happening in 2014 until the Fake ID season of 2015 happened and F'd everything up....it could happen again....but I seriously doubt it. Ferment's actions HAVE to be killing recruiting at the offensive skill positions...not to mention his blatant disregard for the NIL and portals.

I Support The Hawks through Thick or Thin Times. I hope those of you that say you will stop coming do just that, then maybe my seat prices might go down. Put your money where your mouth is. One thing is for sure, there are a lot of stupid whiny people on this website. Complain about everything. Kirk Ferentz along Coach Frey are the two greatest coaches to coach at Iowa period. Anyone who wanted either one of those two to be fired is simply not very smart. The majority of former players have nothing but great things to say. There is WAAAAYY more to football than just wins and losses. We don't cheat and we run a very respected and clean program. The majority of other colleges can't make that claim Shape up Hawk Fans, quit being a bunch of babies. GO HAWKS!!

I will always cheer for the Hawkeyes, regardless of the chit show they may be at times.

I also cheer for Hawaii and LSU since I did programs there in college. Unfortunately Hawaii has one of the worst football teams in the country and LSU is struggling BIG time to get back to being consistent and decent.

I got my Master's at Long Beach State.. they haven't had a football team since 1985 which means I can say they haven't lost a game in my lifetime or several years before that. If anything, my loyalties show I'm not a bandwagon fan I guess 😔 *sigh

Idk.... If Kirk pulls out another great season after a few shitty ones....he will be back in the fan's good graces and get another extension. He knows what he is doing

I’d keep rooting for Iowa, being a fan of them first and foremost, but would probably adopt a second team
I'm probably in the same boat. My brother is a big fan of FCS football. Lots of exciting teams and players. I'd probably start getting into it more, maybe watch most of Iowa's games but really just be waiting for KF to retire.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Kirk’s contract is up in 2029. He's not getting a new one. He's not getting an extension.

Kirk may never change.....but he won't always be Iowa's head coach. Just like Brian won't remain as OC, or ever even sniff the job for next HC. Even Gary Barta will be gone eventually.

So the question you really need to be asking yourselves......is not whether things will change or not..........but rather will you stick around (either by choice or otherwise......) to see it happen?
I'll be dead.

Reactions: WaterTower
I will always cheer for the Hawkeyes, regardless of the chit show they may be at times.

I also cheer for Hawaii and LSU since I did programs there in college. Unfortunately Hawaii has one of the worst football teams in the country and LSU is struggling BIG time to get back to being consistent and decent.

I got my Master's at Long Beach State.. they haven't had a football team since 1985 which means I can say they haven't lost a game in my lifetime or several years before that. If anything, my loyalties show I'm not a bandwagon fan I guess 😔 *sigh
Without knowing or watching Hawaii's starting QB, I would take him in a heart beat over Petras! I gotta think their offense is ranked higher than ours....which is not hard! haha

I was a fan in the 70's. People here have had it real good for a long time.

Look at Illinois for God's sake. As much as the TV tried to say that place was rocking, there had to be 15K open seats at that game.

Without knowing or watching Hawaii's starting QB, I would take him in a heart beat over Petras! I gotta think their offense is ranked higher than ours....which is not hard! haha
I've only been able to watch a few of their games, it's been ugly. They've used two qb's, both no bueno. Hawaii has more passing and rushing yards than Iowa, but also has only thrown 2 TDs and their schedule is easier. The main QB, a true soph, has a 58.5% completion clip but has just 2 TDs and 4 INTs. His QB rating is 27, Petras is 22. Both suck but Hawaii isn't exactly known for being great at football.

Edit: apologies, no more derailing the thread by me.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I was a fan in the 70's. People here have had it real good for a long time.

Look at Illinois for God's sake. As much as the TV tried to say that place was rocking, there had to be 15K open seats at that game.
Hawks had beat them the last 8 times in a row also. They looked as bad as we did. We were a missed field goal from sucking equally.

I will always hope for the best with the Hawkeyes, but my interest in watching anymore Iowa football games is dwindling fast. The offense is just too hard to watch and I don’t think Kirk has the first clue how to fix it.

Well the fact of the matter is that, while I am a fan, it doesn’t hold the same importance as it did in the past. I've attended games most years including this one and attendeed last year's bowl game, but I'm not nearly as emotionally invested as many others on here. If the team is entertaining and wins games I spend time watching games and opining on forums like these. If not, I find other ways to fill that time while occasionally checking in to see how they're doing. The offense was never exciting, but it was effective and over the last 10 years or so the defense has been worth the price of admission. Given the collapse of the offense again this year, I'll probably spend more time the rest of the season doing something else. If the offense continues as it has in the next few years, and that's more likely than not, that'll probably be the norm for me going forward.

The worst thing that will happen to this program is fans not caring about Iowa football and growing apathetic. I believe it's happening right now.

It's purely anecdotal, but I just feel like people are beginning to not care because there is almost nothing we can do about it. I grew up listening and then watching every Iowa game, live in Iowa, went to the University of Iowa and had season tickets for 12 years. I can feel it and I know big Hawkeyes fans that I am friends with feel the same way. And it's not just because of this year.
Because tailgating is such an integral part of the Iowa experience, I don’t think they’ll ever reach Lickliter-level indifference. However, there’s going to continue to be more and more empty seats and a greater presence of visiting fans in the stands.

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
I no longer find Iowa football to be entertaining; it’s frankly painful to watch this offense. Anymore I’ll have the radio broadcast on for background noise while doing more important things like yard work.

I’m moving past apathy to the car accident gawker phase. You know you’re going to be horrified at what you see, but you can’t help but take look at just how bad the carnage is.

I Support The Hawks through Thick or Thin Times. I hope those of you that say you will stop coming do just that, then maybe my seat prices might go down. Put your money where your mouth is. One thing is for sure, there are a lot of stupid whiny people on this website. Complain about everything. Kirk Ferentz along Coach Frey are the two greatest coaches to coach at Iowa period. Anyone who wanted either one of those two to be fired is simply not very smart. The majority of former players have nothing but great things to say. There is WAAAAYY more to football than just wins and losses. We don't cheat and we run a very respected and clean program. The majority of other colleges can't make that claim Shape up Hawk Fans, quit being a bunch of babies. GO HAWKS!!
The classic Superfan post.

Did you forget who our AD is?
Yes, I did. I thought Gary Busey was our AD.

36b15c95-1e44-4864-964f-2b862c391445_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT