ADVERTISEMENT

You are not a real fan if

petras starts next week and you still go to the game

you buy a single ticket next season if BF isn't fired/demoted

you are ok with the way KF is performing his duties the past 12 months

ok, flame away team "10-2" ;)
Fan is derived from the word fanatic; a person who is extremely enthusiastic about and devoted to some interest or activity (team).
So you couldn't be more wrong. A "Fan" is exactly the kind of person who would follow their team through thick and thin... stick with them no matter what.

Fan is derived from the word fanatic; a person who is extremely enthusiastic about and devoted to some interest or activity (team).
So you couldn't be more wrong. A "Fan" is exactly the kind of person who would follow their team through thick and thin... stick with them no matter what.
no a fanatic is passionate about seeing their team do all they can to succeed, not what they can do to pay their son the most money possible

no a fanatic is passionate about seeing their team do all they can to succeed, not what they can do to pay their son the most money possible
Spin it as you will...a fanatic doesn't bail regardless of the W-L record.

I know what you're getting at..forcing change through whatever means is available to you. Empty seats is about all a fan can do to voice displeasure. You could argue that a hardcore fan would go as far as to not watch the team if that's what it takes...but that's a bit contradictory to the base meaning of "fanatic".

Fans stick through thick and thin...they don't put qualifiers on their loyalty.

Spin it as you will...a fanatic doesn't bail regardless of the W-L record.

I know what you're getting at..forcing change through whatever means is available to you. Empty seats is about all a fan can do to voice displeasure. You could argue that a hardcore fan would go as far as to not watch the team if that's what it takes...but that's a bit contradictory to the base meaning of "fanatic".

nothing wrong with watching, but continuing to give them money won't help things.

i hear ya though.

If I was dumb enough to have season tickets after all the writing was on the wall (no offensive staff changes, no attempts to upgrade through the transfer portal) I'd stay for the wave and then get up and leave.
lol

no way i was gonna pay a cent this year. KF taking the offseason OFF and keeping his boy was all I needed to see as well :(

If I was dumb enough to have season tickets after all the writing was on the wall (no offensive staff changes, no attempts to upgrade through the transfer portal) I'd stay for the wave and then get up and leave.
It was interesting that all the optimism coming out of IC in the offseason didn’t fool the rest of the country. Despite coming off a 10 win season; Iowa got very few votes in the preseason polls and was not in Top 25. They were smarter than the season ticket holders

I believe it’s pronounced Want Of Bee.
wanna? ...Bea
iu

You’re a fan or you’re not. No need to classify us. Totally fair for any Iowa football fan to check out on this season though. Wouldn’t hold it against anyone.

You’re a fan or you’re not. No need to classify us. Totally fair for any Iowa football fan to check out on this season though. Wouldn’t hold it against anyone.
I'm really just trolling team "10 wins"...the "real fans". You know...the ones that think fans should shut up and just accept whatever they're given. Most don't post currently(shocking) but they're surely still lurking.

I really couldn't give a crap what anyone actually does ;).

Calling people who support the team “not real fans” is just dumb. I love this university and team too much to not show up and watch them play. Flame me all you want, I’m still gonna support this team regardless of all the outcomes.

At this point if Brian returns….the ONLY way I may keep my tickets is purely for retaining my priority points for some point in the future when this disaster is over….

I’m not entirely clear on what the rules are on those points…

I will get season tickets next year and go to all the games. I support the Hawkeyes win or lose. It's a lot more fun when we win, but there will always be down years for almost every team. I can understand not enjoying this season because the Offense is so bad, but the defense is solid and we can still win a lot of games in spite of our bad offense. Buying tickets has NOTHING to do with wins and losses for me, NOTHING. The Hawkeyes are my team and I have supported them for over 60 years. It's your choice to buy tickets or not. It's not up to me, it's up to you.

I get the irritation given the state of the program. But everyone is going to be a fan in their own way. Define it however you want, but nobody else has to care about that definition.

That's exactly what Ferentz wants to hear. Those stupid Iowa fans will still buy tickets and fill up Kinnick no matter how much me and my boy F - UP.

I'll still be there. I love Iowa football and I appreciate all those guys who put on the uniform to represent our team. I am angry with the coaches, I'm angry Barta hasn't fired Brian but I don't come to watch them. I'm not cheering for them.

Stop being a dipshit. There are many fans that support the University, players and coaches win or lose and will continue to give their support. If you don't want to, that's fine. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. It seems there are people on this site that are so fragile they can't handle an off season once in awhile. Like Joe would say, Come on Man !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT