ADVERTISEMENT

"You basically need to get everybody outta there"

Who is this? Not a big fan of listening to anyone with YouTube channel.
I have no idea on the two dudes on the outside but dan lebatard is on radio all the time. I don't have espn and cable tv. I am assuming that's dan lebatard in the middle.

the problem is thus: if you start beating the drum for everyone to go, it 9 times out of ten happens

Has a single former Iowa player expressed an opinion that Doyle should be fired? That KF should be fired? It'd be interesting to take a blind poll and ask the same questions - I imagine you could get some more candid answers that way.

From all that I've seen, those expressing issues have not said they think any coach should be fired. They have only said that the culture needs change. If we apply mob mentality rules every time there are issues raised like this, players with potential complaints are going to be less likely to bring these issues up.

This whole discussion around Doyle and the program in general started with James Daniels and snowballed from there. Daniels has affirmatively said that he doesn't want people fired and that KF isn't the problem - how do people think he will feel if the entire coaching staff is fired like Bomani Jones (the guy to the left of Lebatard in the OP video) is asking for? I imagine he might have some regrets.

It seems like a decent amount of people that are both (1) preaching that we need to listen to these players, and (2) saying Doyle (and potentially others) need to be fired. It seems like if you're calling for #2, you're not following your own advice for #1.

"Stop taking white peoples' word for it"

Don't get me wrong, Ferentz has some real responsibility in this matter, but these guys sound like they read the two most incendiary allegations then ignored all the rest.

There were several players, including James Dan if im not mistaken, who specifically said that Ferentz was a stand-up, respectful human being. Glad that we failed to mention that.

I have no idea on the two dudes on the outside but dan lebatard is on radio all the time. I don't have espn and cable tv. I am assuming that's dan lebatard in the middle.

the problem is thus: if you start beating the drum for everyone to go, it 9 times out of ten happens
Dim lebatard is who he said he is he's a pompous air bag. It jumps on the closest bandwagon and starts beating it with all of his might. And the flavor of the day is racism and I was named pops up. So even though I'm sure he doesn't
know shit about really what's going on.

Bomani Jones despises white people. He always has. He’s brought up some good points in the past on certain topics but he is way out of bounds with his takes about the issues coming to light at Iowa. He’s been the main guy calling for Ferentz to be fired and I’m not worried about him one bit.

I applaud what the former and current players are doing. They are working together on solutions to a problem instead of complaining about a problem or calling for everyone to be fired. In situations like this firing is the easy way out. Push change where change needs to happen and hold leaders in charge accountable if they don’t follow through with what they said they will or what is expected from them.

Just curious, what former players are even asking for coaches to be fired? I dont think anyone is saying Ferentz. I think one or two said "change" at Strength and Conditioning which I interpret as fire Doyle.

I don't think anyone wants Ferentz fired. He deserves a chance to correct things.

However, more than a few people now have stated that his very close tie to Doyle for this many years isn't a good look for him right now-- and I agree. If it's proven Doyle ran a bad culture in the S & C room, then clearly Ferentz's name will be tied to that and there will criticism that he didn't change that culture.

Execution-With-The-Guillotine-91985.gif

The culture is so broken that within a day or so of the allegations surfacing Kirk built a committee of the very people complaining to examine, contribute, and get better.

Such a broken culture that those same people were comfortable with immediately joining and pledging to help.

So broken

Just curious, what former players are even asking for coaches to be fired? I dont think anyone is saying Ferentz. I think one or two said "change" at Strength and Conditioning which I interpret as fire Doyle.
Akrum Wadley came out and specifically said he didn't want anyone fired. But I guess Bomani doesn't care about that

The culture is so broken that within a day or so of the allegations surfacing Kirk built a committee of the very people complaining to examine, contribute, and get better.

Such a broken culture that those same people were comfortable with immediately joining and pledging to help.

So broken

none of the allegations were racist, it’s all groupthink bullshit.

Bomani Jones despises white people. He always has. He’s brought up some good points in the past on certain topics but he is way out of bounds with his takes about the issues coming to light at Iowa. He’s been the main guy calling for Ferentz to be fired and I’m not worried about him one bit.

I applaud what the former and current players are doing. They are working together on solutions to a problem instead of complaining about a problem or calling for everyone to be fired. In situations like this firing is the easy way out. Push change where change needs to happen and hold leaders in charge accountable if they don’t follow through with what they said they will or what is expected from them.

I have never listened to Bomani Jones where race wasn’t the primary topic at hand or at some point it turned into a racial topic.

I have never listened to Bomani Jones where race wasn’t the primary topic at hand or at some point it turned into a racial topic.
To each his own, but I think it's despicable what Bomani is doing (BTW I agree with you). In my opinion he is taking away from what the players are trying to achieve. He's hijacking their message and twisting it all for his narrative of wanting Ferentz fired and that's the only thing he is making it about.

Reactions: HawkGem11

what change? the change of head coach? that's what is happening here.

To each his own, but I think it's despicable what Bomani is doing (BTW I agree with you). In my opinion he is taking away from what the players are trying to achieve. He's hijacking their message and twisting it all for his narrative of wanting Ferentz fired and that's the only thing he is making it about.
what do you really think they are trying to achieve? if there never really was a race issue, why change it? it is not there. they are making up crap to roll KF outta here. that's all. maybe certain players say they don't want it, but it is happening.

The national and regional media outlets are dumping on the Hawks and declaring this the end of the Ferentz. They wish. They'll be back stronger than ever before after doing what is right and improving the program in ways the ex and current players want.
usually when this happens , it goes down the way they want it these media guys have a lot of pull here

Daniels has affirmatively said that he doesn't want people fired and that KF isn't the problem -

I find this claim by Daniels hard to believe. He isn't dumb - he knew a firestorm would ensue posting what he did on social media. Him trying to claim he doesn't want Ferentz fired seems completely disingenuous when he just destroyed the man's reputation.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Big D are you that delusional that you really think Doyle could possibly come back? His son is transferring. He’s out.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
I find this claim by Daniels hard to believe. He isn't dumb - he knew a firestorm would ensue posting what he did on social media. Him trying to claim he doesn't want Ferentz fired seems completely disingenuous when he just destroyed the man's reputation.
I'm fairly certain he had some political activist or dnc or blm folks get a hold of him. tell him to cause change. positive change. I am fairly certain he didn't think the change would be change of head coach.

uhhh, no. his son is outta here , he gone.
Probably so. But it is going to cost Iowa a lot of money.

The guy no doubt has 20 years of glowing performance reviews from Kirk and nothing but vague, changing stories on Twitter against him. The University has better find more against him in their investigation or be ready to write him a fat check. Not defending the guy, just the reality of it.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1

The guy no doubt has 20 years of glowing performance reviews from Kirk and nothing but vague, changing stories on Twitter against him. The University has better find more against him in their investigation or be ready to write him a fat check. Not defending the guy, just the reality of it.
I hope to heck he gets money out of it. he was very unjustly accused and treated poorly. but the pukes at u of I will probably say he breached a contract or something. he needs to sue for sure

god I hope you are right. but iowa is commie leftist and so is espn. iowa wants it daily on espn. daily I say. hourly.
Iowa does not want to be called racist hourly on ESPN. The story they want is that the problem was identified and removed and we are stronger for it.

Iowa does not want to be called racist hourly on ESPN. The story they want is that the problem was identified and removed and we are stronger for it.
I hope you are correct

history proves that they want to call doyle and maybe kf racist hourly on tv

and take credit for making iowa stronger for rolling them outta here

Agreed. That dude is crazy racist against white people.

But all of that will happen months if not years from now when this story is a distant memory and our football program is in shambles. ESPN wants rating right now and calling for a rich white guy to get fired brings ratings right now.

But all of that will happen months if not years from now when this story is a distant memory and our football program is in shambles. ESPN wants rating right now and calling for a rich white guy to get fired brings ratings right now.
this 100%. they have had no sports with the lockdowns. this drama is good for ratings

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT