ADVERTISEMENT

You can invite seven dinner guest from history (table seats eight)

Benjamin Franklin
John Adams
Abraham Lincoln
Theodore Roosevelt
Franklin Roosevelt
Bill Clinton
Donald Trump

I want to hear what the founding fathers, plus Lincoln and TR, have to say to FDR (who began the process of turning the country into a nanny state as well as his attempted abuse of power), and Clinton/Trump, both of whom have disgraced the Office of President.

I would also like to hear what the Founding Fathers have to say about the politics of today.

Davy Crockett
Cleopatra
Mark Twain
Michael Crichton
Francisco Pizarro
Thomas Jefferson
My Dad's sister, who died before I was born

Jesus
Hitler
Lee Harvey Oswald
Judas Iscariot
Erich Ludendorff (just want to know why he perpetrated the “stab in the back” myth when he’s the one that told the Kaiser the war was lost. One of the forgotten douche bags in history....)
Lincoln
Ben Franklin

Hawk....do you know that KF is the highest paid public employee in the state of Iowa?

I wasn't sure. I feel like I've read that somewhere before but couldn't quite put my finger on where. I'll be sure to ask him about it at dinner.

I only need five...

1453752009734.png

You'd have to break it down and try to get some representation from every aspect in life.

Assuming you can converse with all in English and this is after their deaths so they know the answers to questions you want to ask...

Entertainment- WC Fields or Mozart
Entrepreneurial- Andrew Carnegie or PT Barnum
Philosophical/ Spiritual- Jesus or Confucius
Military- Napoleon or Julius Ceaser
Political- John Adams or Winston Churchill
Out of the ordinary- DB Cooper or DaVinci
Personal Interest- Al Swearingen or Lee Harvey Oswald

OK, my real list would be:

Dr. Martin Luther King
Crazy Horse
George Custer
Abe Lincoln
Medgar Evers
Byron De La Beckwith
@CloydWebb

OP's mom
OP's grandmother
OP's great-grandmother
OP's great-great-grandmother
OP's great-great-great-grandmother
OP's great-great-great-great-grandmother
OP's great-great-great-great-great-grandmother

Reactions: Raglefant
I was actually thinking of Hitler and Stalin for a dinner of great and/or notorious leaders. Having a little trouble rounding out the table

Hitler
Stalin
FDR
Churchill
Mussolini
Mao
Who fills the last seat? Lincoln? Trump?

I'm a civil rights junky so I added both Medgar Evers & Byron De La Beckwith to mine. We'll have to pat down Byron to be certain he's not carrying heat for a repeat on Medger.

This is kinda like the Star Trek episode with Lincoln and Sarek.

1.) Daniel Burnham
2.) Alexander Hamilton
3.) Jane Jacobs
4.) Frederick Law Olmsted
5.) Pliny the Elder
6.) Joan of Arc
7.) Milton Berle

Then there's the dinner party to determine "are they really all that?"

Helen of Troy would be my first invite for that party. Just how good looking was she, really?

Just how droll were people like HL Menken, Samuel Johnson, and that playwright whose name eludes me at the moment? Obviously Mark Twain would be on that list.

Then there's the dinner party to determine "are they really all that?"

Helen of Troy would be my first invite for that party. Just how good looking was she, really?

Just how droll were people like HL Menken, Samuel Johnson, and that playwright whose name eludes me at the moment? Obviously Mark Twain would be on that list.

You have some good lists:

In the case of "that playwright whose name eludes me at the moment?" might I suggest either Oscar Wilde, Eugene O"Neill, George Bernard Shaw, or Noah Coward?

... and for your "seventh," perhaps it could be Franco, Eva Peron, Bolivar, Pol Pot, or Hugo Chavez ...

1. Bigfoot
2. Flipper
3. Santa Claus
4. Captain Ahab
5. Sherlock Holmes
6. Forest Gump
7. Hannibal Lector

I'm in a protected booth. Nothing is served for dinner. So we'll see how "survival of the fittest" turns out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT