ADVERTISEMENT

"You can use my words against me"

Since the death of Senator John McCain, it is easy to see
that Lindsey Graham is lost and mistake prone without
his mentor. Nobody takes Graham seriously as part of
the GOP leadership. He is simply a wannabe Senator who
lacks any clout in the Senate.

Reactions: Torg
Poor Kavanaugh. People thought they should hear from his accuser and that potential sexual assault allegations in which he has never been held accountable may be relevant to a lifetime appointment.

Alito was confirmed 58-42. The big knock against him was he wasn’t a woman and that he’d written suggestions for attacking Roe.

I happen to like Bork a great deal as an advocate and an academic. Go read Slouching Toward Gomorrah and try to argue he was a reasonable pick.

Kennedy, Souter, Alito, and Roberts were easy appointments.

Thomas and Alito were accused of sexual harassment. Harriet Miers was a ridiculous to nomination meant to provide cover for not picking a women to replace O’Connor.

Alito was confirmed 58-42. The big knock against him was he wasn’t a woman and that he’d written suggestions for attacking Roe.

I happen to like Bork a great deal as an advocate and an academic. Go read Slouching Toward Gomorrah and try to argue he was a reasonable pick.

Kennedy, Souter, Alito, and Roberts were easy appointments.

Thomas and Alito were accused of sexual harassment. Harriet Miers was a ridiculous to nomination meant to provide cover for not picking a women to replace O’Connor.

Bork was the only unprincipled member of the Nixon administration not to resign in the face of an order to fire Archibald Cox after Nixon promised no interference in the special prosecutor’s investigation. After being placed on the court of appeals, he proceeded to opine that there was no right to privacy and suggest the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was unconstitutional. He further argued against anti-trust laws, suggesting that lack of competition is of for consumer. This fascination with Bork is misplaced.

Reactions: Torg and RileyHawk
Bork was the only unprincipled member of the Nixon administration not to resign in the face of an order to fire Archibald Cox after Nixon promised no interference in the special prosecutor’s investigation. After being placed on the court of appeals, he proceeded to opine that there was no right to privacy and suggest the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was unconstitutional. He further argued against anti-trust laws, suggesting that lack of competition is of for consumer. This fascination with Bork is misplaced.

His anti-trust work informs modern anti-trust law. The guy was an academic giant.

His constitutional principles would have been terrifying at the Supreme Court level. He didn’t believe they Bill of Rights should have been incorporated. Conservatives would have hated him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT