ADVERTISEMENT

You can't make this up....smh

IANit

Team MVP
Dec 7, 2002
from the Gazette in article about Maurice Fleming's comments regarding KF and Doyle - Iowa has hired the Husch Blackwell law firm in Kansas City, Mo., to conduct a review of the football program and alleged racial inequality in it.

I would have disqualified them on the name alone. Maybe it's a long u and not as egregious sounding as it looks.

from the Gazette in article about Maurice Fleming's comments regarding KF and Doyle - Iowa has hired the Husch Blackwell law firm in Kansas City, Mo., to conduct a review of the football program and alleged racial inequality in it.

I would have disqualified them on the name alone. Maybe it's a long u and not as egregious sounding as it looks.
Could be worse, could have somebody like Robert T Green representing them instead

Holy **** you make a point about that name. Certainly wild coincidence but after you point that out, it looks really bad can't be unseen.

3-stooges.jpg

They need to hire a team of lawyers to go on the offensive as well. Only playing defense against these money grabbing scumbags is a mistake.

I share some of your sentiments. At least by hiring their own representation, Iowa could make sure they're on an even playing field. And the actual truth in all of this will have a better chance of coming to light. Everything Fleming said smells of complete bullshit to me.

Reactions: speed4power
They need to hire a team of lawyers to go on the offensive as well. Only playing defense against these money grabbing scumbags is a mistake.
This. The thing to remember is that these independent investigators always have to find something or their work isn't "justified." They're hired to prove something's wrong, so that's the lens they see things through. It's independent, not objective.

About what? I wouldn't really not hire them over it, but you have to admit that name is unfortunate given the scope of engagement.
It's the surnames of the founding members of the firm. Like literally all law firms across the country. It's a dumb complaint.

Anyone who saw that and complained would literally be complaining about someone's last name.

ADVERTISEMENT