ADVERTISEMENT

You can't stop Petras...you can only hope to contain him.

WinOneThisCentury II

HB MVP
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2021
Second solid game from our QB...missed a few throws he needs to make, but zero turnovers and in a game like this and he got scores on three straight drives...that's impressive, especially against the wind.

Brian shut it down in the second half to run clock and run against 8 man fronts...but that's Ferentz ball and we've seen that movie throughout the years. They don't care if we are 125th in total offense at this point...it's about winning these last five games. I would have liked us to be more aggressive when we got the ball in plus territory in the fourth after a great stop by the defense...but two runs to start the drive. I would have run play action and tested them deep on first down...that's my only major complaint.

This sets up a really big game against a pretty good defense next week with Wisconsin. The OL was ok today, but still a lot of missed assignments or whiffs in the pass and run game. Jones had a tough day in my opinion...he can't get clean and jerked by a DT...and allow a sack like that. That being said...they are improving...and we can certainly win these last three the way the defense is playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News