ADVERTISEMENT

You Coronabros need to read this...

coloradonoles

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Houston, TX
4 CEOs of MAJOR hospitals in Houston setting the record straight.

https://www.woodlandsonline.com/npps/story.cfm?nppage=67046

some highlights...

“What you’ve been hearing is a report that we are at 97 percent or so capacity across the Texas medical center. ... but let me put that in perspective … June 25 2019, exactly one year ago … It was at 95 percent....”

“As you look at the capacity of the hospitals on a day-to-day basis, it can be a little misleading. The reality is all of us have the ability to significantly expand capacity on a day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month basis.”

“Texas Children’s Hospital ... our census this morning is 581 patients. That’s a 68 percent occupancy. Typically Children’s Texas Hospital this time of year without the pandemic, our census would be running much much closer to 700, 725, maybe even 750, so much closer to 90 or 95 percent.”

“Our goal has been for the hospital operators, the people who actually manage bed capacity, to be clear that we’re not in imminent danger of running out of bed capacity here in Houston to care of COVID patients”

some highlights...

“What you’ve been hearing is a report that we are at 97 percent or so capacity across the Texas medical center. ... but let me put that in perspective … June 25 2019, exactly one year ago … It was at 95 percent....”

“As you look at the capacity of the hospitals on a day-to-day basis, it can be a little misleading. The reality is all of us have the ability to significantly expand capacity on a day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month basis.”

“Texas Children’s Hospital ... our census this morning is 581 patients. That’s a 68 percent occupancy. Typically Children’s Texas Hospital this time of year without the pandemic, our census would be running much much closer to 700, 725, maybe even 750, so much closer to 90 or 95 percent.”

“Our goal has been for the hospital operators, the people who actually manage bed capacity, to be clear that we’re not in imminent danger of running out of bed capacity here in Houston to care of COVID patients”
Pandemic is over. Thanks informed citizen.

Sponge Bob French Narrator voice: "Four Days later"

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...pitals-hit-100-base-ICU-capacity-15372256.php

"Texas Medical Center hospitals stopped updating key metrics showing the stress rising numbers of COVID-19 patients were placing on their facilities for more than three days, rattling policymakers and residents who have relied on the information to gauge the spread of the coronavirus.

The institutions — which together constitute the world’s largest medical complex — reported Thursday that their base intensive care capacity had hit 100 percent for the first time during the pandemic and was on pace to exceed an “unsustainable surge capacity” of intensive care beds by July 6."

Thanks for posting your June 25th zoom meeting to demonstrate just how fast things can escalate. It actually shows that there really is not much of a cushion. Jury is still out on how bad it will get, but there is no reason to continue to act like it is a nothingburger.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1232640?__twitter_impression=true

Life comes at you fast, bro.

“A day later, the top physician executive at the Houston Methodist hospital system wrote to staff members warning that its coronavirus caseload was surging: “It has become necessary to consider delaying more surgical services to create further capacity for COVID-19 patients,” Dr. Robert Phillips said in the note, an abrupt turn from three days earlier, when the hospital system sent a note to thousands of patients, inviting them to keep their surgical appointments.

And at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, staff members were alerted recently that the hospital would soon begin taking in cancer patients with COVID-19 from the city’s overburdened public hospital system, a highly unusual move for the specialty hospital.

These internal messages highlight the growing strain that the coronavirus crisis is putting on hospital systems in the Houston region, where the number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 has nearly quadrupled since Memorial Day. As of Tuesday, more than 3,000 people were hospitalized for the coronavirus in the region, including nearly 800 in intensive care.”

Move along, nothing to see here

o-Total-TMC-Covid-19-Positive-Patients-ICU-Med-Surg-In-Hospital-7-1-2020-1536x864.png

some highlights...

#FAIL

some highlights...

I loved this quote: “We are seeing younger patients, we are seeing a shorter length of stay, we are seeing lower immortality, and we are seeing lower ICU utilization right now.” Freudian slip I guess...

“I’m glad to see our Vice President wearing a mask now. I certainly didn’t agree with him making public appearances without one, good to see he’s come around.”

See, it’s easy.
Just imagine if Pence had masked up four months ago? Imagine if Trump has? Imagine if Trump hadn’t publicly mocked journalists in the Rose Garden who wore a mask, or shamed governors who dared to issue stringent guidelines.
We are in a massive upswing while other nations open up.

It’s scary how fast this is getting out of hand. To me anything less than a near total shutdown of all but essential business through Jan 2021 at the earliest is not going to contain the virus. Shutdown all bars, all sporting events, indoor dining, gyms, ground nearly all flights. And do this for 6 months and let’s see if we can get a handle on things.

Just imagine if Pence had masked up four months ago? Imagine if Trump has? Imagine if Trump hadn’t publicly mocked journalists in the Rose Garden who wore a mask, or shamed governors who dared to issue stringent guidelines.
We are in a massive upswing while other nations open up.
Honestly, if they just went with and pushed those MAGA face masks which are a joke, it would be a completely different picture.

Honestly, if they just went with and pushed those MAGA face masks which are a joke, it would be a completely different picture.
Masks can limit spread to that extent? You think the spread is caused by idiots not wearing masks? This virus sucks ass, we can board up, mask up, whatever, it is going to do damage. We need to avoid overwhelming hospitals, which we have slam-dunked.

It’s scary how fast this is getting out of hand. To me anything less than a near total shutdown of all but essential business through Jan 2021 at the earliest is not going to contain the virus. Shutdown all bars, all sporting events, indoor dining, gyms, ground nearly all flights. And do this for 6 months and let’s see if we can get a handle on things.

Maybe America isn't your thing.

Reactions: Jedhawk77
Is sad the word... perhaps embarrassing or ashamed? Scared sneaks in there, as well as angry and pissed off.
To look at the graphs representing where the US, who had some warning and time to prepare, vs European and Asian countries who were early in the cross hairs, is today regarding trends and new infections makes me flipping sick and disgusted.
The greatest country on earth, with basically unlimited resources, is the poster child of fail for responding to this pandemic. Meanwhile, Nero fiddles...

This isn't even the TDS talking, I am shocked that they have not pushed the masks. $20 apiece straight to DJT. Buy two to get the Libs all worked up!!

This isn't even the TDS talking, I am shocked that they have not pushed the masks. $20 apiece straight to DJT. Buy two to get the Libs all worked up!!

Shit....why not the "Warby Parker" business model:

"Buy one; send one for free to a lib friend of your choice"

ADVERTISEMENT