ADVERTISEMENT

You decide- did he have a gun?

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
So I was out at the hardware store this weekend picking up some things for the kitchen remodel. On my way home the contractor calls me and says he needs one more things so at the light instead of turning left when it’s green I make a u-turn (it’s legal at this intersection). As I do I nearly get t-boned by a guy making a right on red who assumed I was going left and not making a u-turn. So I stop short to let him go, but give him the look. He clearly doesn’t appreciate it because he stops in the street and starts waving his arms at me. I gesture him forward (and maybe a few other gestures) and he starts moving but is now moving at about 5 mph and weaving back and forth - still waving his arms at me. He pulls off the road - into the hardware store parking lot that I was head to, so I pull in behind him. He pops out of his car and starts yapping at me with “what’s your problem bro!?” I tell him he nearly hit me because he ran a red and he tries to tell me that he had the green. I ask him why everyone else was turning too then and he gives me a “you want to do something about it?” But when he asks this he moves back to the open door of his car. I have a few more words for him again about the quality of his driving that gets him going but then he’s back to “you want to do something?” while reaching back towards the car, not me.
So I invited him to love himself and headed inside the store. No need to become the next “stand your ground” argument.
We actually ran into each other on the way out as well. He bowed up again but I just told him he was #1.

Before you ask - late 30’s Asian male/bro in an infinity suv.

Reactions: unIowa
“I ask him why everyone else was turning too then and he gives me a “you want to do something about it?”

I hope you told him you were going to post the interaction on the Internet.

Reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars is a good one to mention.

I may or may not have shut down a confrontation by lying about whether or not the interaction was being recorded.

Not a gun, but probably nunchucks or throwing stars.

1291-countries.jpg

Reactions: hydro2.0
Sounds like you're both idiots.

You escalated for no reason. He escalated further. You got scared first.

So you're more than just an idiot. Don't escalate if you're not willing to own/follow through with your actions.

Also, an idiot for messing with the Triad. Double idiot. Plus pansy. But at least you have the Memphis coach now?

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Sounds like you're both idiots.

You escalated for no reason. He escalated further. You got scared first.

So you're more than just an idiot. Don't escalate if you're not willing to own/follow through with your actions.

Also, an idiot for messing with the Triad. Double idiot. Plus pansy. But at least you have the Memphis coach now?
You want to do something about it?

So I was out at the hardware store this weekend picking up some things for the kitchen remodel. On my way home the contractor calls me and says he needs one more things so at the light instead of turning left when it’s green I make a u-turn (it’s legal at this intersection). As I do I nearly get t-boned by a guy making a right on red who assumed I was going left and not making a u-turn. So I stop short to let him go, but give him the look. He clearly doesn’t appreciate it because he stops in the street and starts waving his arms at me. I gesture him forward (and maybe a few other gestures) and he starts moving but is now moving at about 5 mph and weaving back and forth - still waving his arms at me. He pulls off the road - into the hardware store parking lot that I was head to, so I pull in behind him. He pops out of his car and starts yapping at me with “what’s your problem bro!?” I tell him he nearly hit me because he ran a red and he tries to tell me that he had the green. I ask him why everyone else was turning too then and he gives me a “you want to do something about it?” But when he asks this he moves back to the open door of his car. I have a few more words for him again about the quality of his driving that gets him going but then he’s back to “you want to do something?” while reaching back towards the car, not me.
So I invited him to love himself and headed inside the store. No need to become the next “stand your ground” argument.
We actually ran into each other on the way out as well. He bowed up again but I just told him he was #1.

Are you sure he didn't have a green arrow? There is an intersection where I live where the right lane will get a green arrow to turn right when traffic perpendicular to it is turning left. I do not recall there being a no U-turn sign there. Food for thought. Anyway, I would have tried to avoid escalating the issue. Guy obviously had issues. No need to become the subject of a "Florida Man" article...

Are you sure he didn't have a green arrow? There is an intersection where I live where the right lane will get a green arrow to turn right when traffic perpendicular to it is turning left. I do not recall there being a no U-turn sign there. Food for thought. Anyway, I would have tried to avoid escalating the issue. Guy obviously had issues. No need to become the sw.ubject of a "Florida Man" article...
I'm thinking of mounting a .50 cal and just taking care of future problems from the drivers seat. Once I retire to Florida, where it would be considered legal..

Because at some point someone was going to ask me if it was a woman/old person/OPs wife in the other car. So I just decided to get out front and provide the particulars.

You think they were going to ask race/ethnicity?

No gun, but probably best you did not engage the Asian.
tumblr_p3926mKza31u1urgoo1_400.gifv

Why didn't you just say sure and pull out your phone and call the cops. It is amazing how quickly the tough guy act disappears. Just start talking into the phone giving a description of the car and the guy. You called first so tell them he is threatening you right now and you think he has a gun. You don't actually need to make the call but if you do it isn't lying. That is what the police are for. Douchebag wants to start a fight and is acting like he has a gun.

Why didn't you just say sure and pull out your phone and call the cops. It is amazing how quickly the tough guy act disappears. Just start talking into the phone giving a description of the car and the guy. You called first so tell them he is threatening you right now and you think he has a gun. You don't actually need to make the call but if you do it isn't lying. That is what the police are for. Douchebag wants to start a fight and is acting like he has a gun.

How did the guy portray he had a gun? I must have missed that part.

Easy verdict. People who do U turns are scum of the earth. Figure out where you are going and take the appropriate route.
The entire road system in Detroit is based around U-turns and doing the Michigan Left.

In today's Merica... where guns are easily obtained... you have to assume everyone has one in their possession.

I've toned down my road rage because of it. Until we get a political Party in control that isn't owned by the NRA, this will only get worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT