ADVERTISEMENT

You Guys Know Your Seating Capacity Yet?

Dec 5, 2001
I want to come to the Indiana game. IU announced “plans” for 100% seating this fall.

Has Iowa or the university discussed the coming season yet?

I want to come to the Indiana game. IU announced “plans” for 100% seating this fall.

Pretty much full steam ahead unless things go bonkers again. About a third of the population has been vaccinated. Should be over 75% if not higher by fall, but there are a lot of $hitheads out there who still think it's a hoax. Hopefully they are clone fans☺

That would be nice, clown stadium 1/2 full verses Iowa.
I hadn’t thought of it that way. That would be nice. But judging by the Big12’s attitude towards restrictions last year it doesn’t seem likely. I would bet ISU will have a full house of fans starved for football after missing out on attending last year. Similar to the posts above, my guess is the state of Iowa will have no restrictions but after last year I could easily imagine the Big10 imposing some sort of restrictions on fans. I hope not though.

Reactions: pmtdc

Rumor has it...full house. We will see. Honestly still think the B1G has the final say. It it were up to the state of Iowa we’d be overcapacity.

See tweet at end of this post. This is the current B1G attendance policy. How things change 4 months from now remain to be seen.

So, as an example, for Iowa baseball, right now: The capacity of Duane Banks Field is allegedly 3,000. They are allowing in just over 1,100 (37%).

So, it's up to Johnson County, in the end, correct?

See tweet at end of this post. This is the current B1G attendance policy. How things change 4 months from now remain to be seen.

So, as an example, for Iowa baseball, right now: The capacity of Duane Banks Field is allegedly 3,000. They are allowing in just over 1,100 (37%).

So, it's up to Johnson County, in the end, correct?

And Johnson County loves the $. Guarantee it. They missed it last fall.

Will Maryland allow opposing fans into their facilities? Remember they are REQUIRING vaccination by all staff, students, etc for 2021... If they are going to plant that flag then they should forgo their athletic season as well as not everyone is getting the shot and "vaccine passports" are being banned in most states.

Same for California schools that chose the same path...

If a student gets the shot (due to the requirement) and they get sick or die, is the school going to be held accountable?

Will Maryland allow opposing fans into their facilities? Remember they are REQUIRING vaccination by all staff, students, etc for 2021... If they are going to plant that flag then they should forgo their athletic season as well as not everyone is getting the shot and "vaccine passports" are being banned in most states.

Same for California schools that chose the same path...

If a student gets the shot (due to the requirement) and they get sick or die, is the school going to be held accountable?

Believe Rutgers is doing the same. All students must be vaccinated to attend in person.

Reactions: ISUinKC
Believe Rutgers is doing the same. All students must be vaccinated to attend in person.
Wonder how they are going to handle visiting teams then - if you are requiring it of your students, staff - then how can you not require it of others? Tight rope - if you say "visiting fans don't need it" then those that you forced to get it will balk.

Wonder how they are going to handle visiting teams then - if you are requiring it of your students, staff - then how can you not require it of others? Tight rope - if you say "visiting fans don't need it" then those that you forced to get it will balk.

Assume they will be checking vaccinations. You tell your kiddies they must to be on campus, I am guessing they will be telling fans they must to attend and show proof.

Rumor has it...full house. We will see. Honestly still think the B1G has the final say. It it were up to the state of Iowa we’d be overcapacity.
This is true as far as it goes. Iowa State is planning on full capacity while earning ticket buyers that the situation could change. This would indicate the Biard if Regents has no objection, which would mean the ball for Iowa is in its own court, which would depend upon the conference.
What are people buying season tickets for Kinnick being told?

This is true as far as it goes. Iowa State is planning on full capacity while earning ticket buyers that the situation could change. This would indicate the Biard if Regents has no objection, which would mean the ball for Iowa is in its own court, which would depend upon the conference.
What are people buying season tickets for Kinnick being told?
They are selling all seats

LSU is allowing 100% capacity; no masks, too.

Anyone allowing 100% capacity would not be able to enforce any mask policy. Not doable. If it is 100% then they will encourage it possibly but not enforce. Otherwise, yeah man I love this stale hard pretzel so damn much I just munch on it for hours! Masks were off in the stands at the practice on Saturday and there was not any kind of enforced distancing.

Does the University of Iowa require fans born after 12/31/56 who are attending games at Kinnick to prove that they have been vaccinated for measles, mumps and rubella?

Do you consider it to be a "tight rope" for the UI to require MMR vaccination of students to enroll and attend the university but not require it of those who may be attending football games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT