ADVERTISEMENT

You Guys Still Making Summer Vacation Plans?

I don’t know about you guys but I think it will be interesting when this is finally over how much PTO people will take. We get 25-30 days off and people certainly aren’t going to take any days off when we are mandated to work from home. Half my department have nothing to do but they can’t force people to take days off so they are sitting home doing nothing. Sort of pisses me off as I am still swamped but at the same time, happy to have something to do

I don’t know about you guys but I think it will be interesting when this is finally over how much PTO people will take. We get 25-30 days off and people certainly aren’t going to take any days off when we are mandated to work from home. Half my department have nothing to do but they can’t force people to take days off so they are sitting home doing nothing. Sort of pisses me off as I am still swamped but at the same time, happy to have something to do

No different than people who are off for 9 months on workman’s comp and the within the first month of returning they need vacation time.

2 day charity bike ride in early June. Hasn’t been cancelled yet, but probably will be.

Annual pilgrimage to visit family in Iowa in late June is likely in jeopardy.

Supposed to go to Cub Scout camp with my son in early August. I’m going to guess that won’t happen since staff will need to be up and training in early June.

Have most of a week reserved at a northwoods resort in MN at the end of August for a big family vacation. We shall see if this situation extends out to that time frame. If it does, we’ll cancel and put more money into a better trip the following year.

Good news is that all of these can be cancelled with almost no loss in money.

Ah. I didn’t realize that. I’ve thought about going down and running it. May look into it this year or next if it’s still a go

Yeah last year was the first year of the Dam2Dsm. It was the same route as the dam2dam was for the most part. I still haven't heard officially if the run is still a go, hopefully it is because I paid 60 for it already.

Was supposed to be in Vegas a couple weeks ago, but pushed it back to late June. Told myself I wouldn't go to Vegas in the summer because it's too damn hot but I've been getting some pretty good comps and flight deals. Still think it's 50/50 on if this trip goes through or not

We usually go to Okoboji several times each summer. We were also hopeful to take 2 different trips to the Lake of the Ozarks this summer. My fingers are crossed that we will be able to put the boat on a lake, any lake, at this point.

The wife and I need a Caribbean trip at some point, but that’s obviously on hold for a while.

My wife and her 3 sisters were going to Northern Italy in June. Its canceled. Maybe next year, yet to be
Determined. They had the trip insured.

I have a vacation rental property at Lake of the Ozarks - Osage Beach. I'm sure it's going to be a COVID free zone this summer. Book now and avoid the rush! ;)

Hoping to go see friends in Denver area in June for a long weekend. We'll see. If things aren't back up and running it's not worth it

Heck, I can't get into Hy-Vee let alone go on a vacation.

Last edited:
My bride has her retirement trip all planned for late October/ early November. A Danube cruise (Bucharest to Budapest) and a few days in Poland....but, who knows? Have reservations for Okoboji in August (and a meal with Herkmeister)...... we are backing out of our Stones concert in Minneapolis in June...hopefully, our pool will get opened by the end of May.
So glad we took our Danube cruise last summer. I'd be very disappointed right now.

Haven’t booked yet but the plan was to take a river cruise in late October. We’ll see how the summer goes and plan to book late July.

We are supposed to go stay in a cabin in Colorado for 7 days in July. We have till May 9th to cancel. Not looking promising.

I thi

nk I can pay an additional $100-150 and get that benefit...but it would be wasted on me...although my sis and bro in law used it...and Viking probably lost money in them! But then, they are from Wisky..:cool:
I don't drink a ton...but I did on that trip. I don't know how people can do that for the 16 day cruises...I would have needed to go into rehab!

We just liked the all inclusive part of Scenic. The crew was awesome. Talked basketball with a Serbian bartender all week. Pretty much a perfect trip and want to do another someday. Again, I hope it works out for you.

I don't drink a ton...but I did on that trip. I don't know how people can do that for the 16 day cruises...I would have needed to go into rehab!

We just liked the all inclusive part of Scenic. The crew was awesome. Talked basketball with a Serbian bartender all week. Pretty much a perfect trip and want to do another someday. Again, I hope it works out for you.
I look forward to it. We are even looking at dates next Spring / Summer if this year gets cancelled. Not much we can do about it right now, tho.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Cancelled spring break (next week) obviously and a late April trip to New Orleans.

Haven’t cancelled mid-June beach trip or late August Scotland golf trip yet, but I’m not optimistic about either.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I just want to be able to camp even if it’s close.
We have fishing trips planned for late May (Lake Erie) and August (Western Minnesota family trip. Not canceling, but right now no clue about either. We are pretty well isolated on both other than getting some groceries, but who the hell knows where this is going.

Cancelled spring break (next week) obviously and a late April trip to New Orleans.

Haven’t cancelled mid-June beach trip or late August Scotland golf trip yet, but I’m not optimistic about either.
That virus can’t whip the whisky there! Go to Scotland...avoid the Trump courses ( they are too expensive and have serious architectural flaws) play The Old Course...play Carnoustie, plaY Aberdeen, plaY Cruden Bay, plaY Royal Dornock...enjoy the scotch and enjoy the Scots! Great people.

ADVERTISEMENT