ADVERTISEMENT

You guys who say "Only Vote Democrat" better start voting for the RIGHT one

You really have an amazingly simple view of life. Everything is black and white to you.

Gerrymandering is a fact and not an excuse. No one is using it and then not trying.

You can understand where things are rigged against you and develop a strategic plan to try to win. That pretty much describes Iowa football. Ultimately, from a strategic standpoint, this is where Hillary failed. However, she lost by a mere 77k votes. That would be like Iowa losing in OT to Ohio State and you saying, "Time to rethink every single thing Kirk Ferentz does"

So simple.

The democrats have lost how many congressional seats, Governor races and now the White House since 2010? If KF was getting his teeth knocked in at that rate I would suggest wholesale changes.

The democrats have lost how many congressional seats, Governor races and now the White House since 2010? If KF was getting his teeth knocked in at that rate I would suggest wholesale changes.
It goes in cycles. Everyone thought the dems were dead after '04 as well.

Reactions: cigaretteman
It goes in cycles. Everyone thought the dems were dead after '04 as well.

Oh a blue wave is coming just via Trump alone but it appears democrats are trying to even screw that up. Just let the dude hang himself, you don't have to do anything.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Oh a blue wave is coming just via Trump alone but it appears democrats are trying to even screw that up. Just let the dude hang himself, you don't have to do anything.
if trump gets tax reform, the economy stays and a bubble does not burst, and he gets even ten feet of a wall built, 5 feet maybe , and he gets some kind of graham Cassidy bill or something.... the dems are in trouble

You live in your own reality ...

But you seem like a genuine dude. Such a tough call.

Reactions: naturalmwa
if trump gets tax reform, the economy stays and a bubble does not burst, and he gets even ten feet of a wall built, 5 feet maybe , and he gets some kind of graham Cassidy bill or something.... the dems are in trouble

We have another credit bubble on our hands and will be in a recession within 2 years. Trump and the Republicans are going to get slaughtered in 2020 (less so in 2018 but I think they will lose seats) and all the democrats have to do is stop alienating people who might otherwise vote for them. They need to get back to courting blue collar workers in the rust belt and heartland, if they don't they are just giving up a lot of potential momentum.

Says the dude who is out of touch with reality ...
what has he said that is fantasy? the dems cannot get out of their own way. with governors and house and senate and prez. it's just a fact. they might be able to make some noise but if things keep going good like they are, I don't see it.

Says the dude who is out of touch with reality ...

How so?

I just understand that I can only control those items that are within my control and thus I do not put too much into those other items that will result in something that is outside of my grasps or whelm of influence. How we interpret and respond to items that directly impact us is how we control and shape our own reality, it is a constant work in progress but the second we start making excuses is the moment in which we have given up controlling our own destiny and have instead put our fate in the hands of others.

Time to sack up America.

what has he said that is fantasy? the dems cannot get out of their own way. with governors and house and senate and prez. it's just a fact. they might be able to make some noise but if things keep going good like they are, I don't see it.

They don't want to own the challenge OiT and until they (democrats) do it will be tough for them to get out of their own way.

How so?

I just understand that I can only control those items that are within my control and thus I do not put too much into those other items that will result in something that is outside of my grasps or whelm of influence. How we interpret and respond to items that directly impact us is how we control and shape our own reality, it is a constant work in progress but the second we start making excuses is the moment in which we have given up controlling our own destiny and have instead put our fate in the hands of others.

Time to sack up America.

What you just posted sounds really nice and almost inspirational.

The real world is much more complex and harsher than that, my friend.

What you just posted sounds really nice and almost inspirational.

The real world is much more complex and harsher than that, my friend.

Yet the world doesn't work if everyone gets stuck in the complexity of those items that are out of their control and in place of progress you get social unrest and anxiety.

Sounds a lot like what we have on our hands today and there are many factors to it. People need to feel they have the ability to control their own outcomes but that isn't what is happening as it isn't what is being sold by our elected official and political parties. This type of messaging leads many to feel hopeless or powerless against those "outside complex factors" so they look for strong leaders/leadership who can protect them from these evil forces that are out to get them.

Why do you think Americans are overloaded on anxiety meds, part of the reason is they believe they have no control over their outcomes...that isn't a healthy place for a society to be. So I would recommend not voting for those people who are into that sort of salesmanship.

Ok lets say all of that is true, and I am not saying it isn't. So at this point you have two options:

1. You can cry about it and use it as an excuse/barrier as to why you can't win
2. You can accept that it sucks, sack up, and go out and do what it takes to win even when the odds are stacked against you

I tell my kids constantly you can't make excuses and progress at the same time, it is either one or the other (if you are making excuses you are not making progress and if you are making progress you are eliminating excuses). This is a very similar case where you have someone (or entity) that has a leg up on you in some way or another, lets say for the kid example it is either athleticism or natural intelligence so the only way you are going to be able to achieve your goals and beat them is to out work them, out smart them, out hustle them. I REALLY don't like excuse making as ultimately it detracts from one achieving the goals they want to achieve.

Maybe I am just wired differently than you guys in this area.

The thing is, we weren't crying about it -- we were responding to you and mentioned this as a sidebar when you were telling us everything wrong with Democratic candidates. The fact is, if our candidates keep getting more votes then they clearly aren't as flawed as some of you think they are. If you want to win you have to take a sober look at the environment. If there are things stacked against you, you need to identify them so you can deal with them. Identify obstacles is not complaining.

The only way you're "wired different" from me is that you have decided to stop trying to identify differences between the parties and thus proclaim yourself as above everybody else. You're being lazy.

The thing is, we weren't crying about it -- we were responding to you and mentioned this as a sidebar when you were telling us everything wrong with Democratic candidates. The fact is, if our candidates keep getting more votes then they clearly aren't as flawed as some of you think they are. If you want to win you have to take a sober look at the environment. If there are things stacked against you, you need to identify them so you can deal with them. Identify obstacles is not complaining.

The only way you're "wired different" from me is that you have decided to stop trying to identify differences between the parties and thus proclaim yourself as above everybody else. You're being lazy.

I haven't proclaimed myself as above anyone (outside of in jest) in fact I don't GAF how people vote as it is their right to vote in a manner that they feel is best for them. I don't judge them for how they vote or blame them for how they vote, they have their reasons and it is 100% up to them. Now when people start acting like bullies towards people bc they voted this way or that way I will chime in to let them know how big of an asshole they are being.

hills cries about it. sometimes I think huey cries about it. maybe you are not, but there is a lot of whining and complaining in this thread. look, it's 5 pages long and the excuses keep coming

Last edited:
Reactions: unIowa
Dems, if trump was your candidate running against the R candidate of Ted Cruz, you voting Trump?

Dems, if trump was your candidate running against the R candidate of Ted Cruz, you voting Trump?

As much as the GOP chided the Dems over super delegates, the fact is that with open primaries a party needs to have some control over who their candidate is. The Dems still maintain that level of control, and their voters are not as likely to vote for such a buffoon, so the hypothetical is not realistic -- a guy like Trump could never win the Democratic nomination.

If an illegal alien terrorist supporting Muslim were the GOP candidate, would you vote for them?

Reactions: cigaretteman
I call it a young man pounding the snot out of an elderly gentleman and his retarded girlfriend.
You should really just bow out of this conversation. It's one thing to not be aware of the effects of gerrymandering. But to be presented with this information and to completely ignore it with only childish namecalling means that you're too emotionally involved to allow for a reasonable conversation.

childish namecalling means that you're too emotionally involved to allow for a reasonable conversation.
I'm going to remember this and make sure to remind you when you're doing it, or whenever I see you doing it. So, remember that you lit your own fuse on this one!

You should really just bow out of this conversation. It's one thing to not be aware of the effects of gerrymandering. But to be presented with this information and to completely ignore it with only childish namecalling means that you're too emotionally involved to allow for a reasonable conversation.

GO WIN Huey...shut your mouth and go win, the time for talking is over, lets see the results.

As much as the GOP chided the Dems over super delegates, the fact is that with open primaries a party needs to have some control over who their candidate is. The Dems still maintain that level of control, and their voters are not as likely to vote for such a buffoon, so the hypothetical is not realistic -- a guy like Trump could never win the Democratic nomination.

If an illegal alien terrorist supporting Muslim were the GOP candidate, would you vote for them?
Considering I've never voted to begin with, no.

Based on the logic that is being given by many democrat only supporters here a hard core republican should vote for that candidate utilizing their logic.

Based on the logic that is being given by many democrat only supporters here a hard core republican should vote for that candidate utilizing their logic.

No, based on our logic there shouldn't be any hard core Republicans...

Well, that's a pretty obvious truth. Everyone DOES create their own reality. It can be frustrating to the rest of us, but we're doing it, too.
I thought you'd agree. Just as I suspect you know I will disagree. Reality is objective and the same for all. I won't entertain your attempts to redefine the word to fit your existential claptrap.

Reactions: BrianNole09
I thought you'd agree. Just as I suspect you know I will disagree. Reality is objective and the same for all. I won't entertain your attempts to redefine the word to fit your existential claptrap.
You don't have to "entertain" it, or anything else. It's happening regardless.

"Reality is objective and the same for all."... such a conservative.

I haven't proclaimed myself as above anyone (outside of in jest) in fact I don't GAF how people vote as it is their right to vote in a manner that they feel is best for them. I don't judge them for how they vote or blame them for how they vote, they have their reasons and it is 100% up to them. Now when people start acting like bullies towards people bc they voted this way or that way I will chime in to let them know how big of an asshole they are being.
You come off as a smug a-hole at times dude. Just letting you know.

You want to act like you know more than anyone else and "dems just don't get it". Maybe you just don't get it. Did that ever occur to you?

You don't have to "entertain" it, or anything else. It's happening regardless.

"Reality is objective and the same for all."... such a conservative.
You never answer my questions. Why is that?

That's the reality I want answered.

Be careful, the loons around here want to obliterate that concept.
As one of the loons, I'll gladly inform you that I am not wanting to "obliterate that concept." I'm merely explaining that the concept is more than what you are willing to accept it to be.

You come off as a smug a-hole at times dude. Just letting you know.
Everyone comes-off that way. @naturalmwa goes out of his way to make sure he does it. He takes special pride in it.

Some people MEAN to come-off as smug, and others have it happen somewhat incidentally. That's usually when someone reading the comment has an inner monologue that almost wants it to sound that way. It's one of the pitfalls of being restricted to communication through written-word only.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT