ADVERTISEMENT

You still need the big time running game up North in November

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Have you noticed that Brohm's Purdue teams are not necessarily big time winners in November. OSU struggled mightily at jNW in bad weather with their passing game. Mich is a run first team again and winning.

This ain't TxTech at Baylor way down south in November or Ok ST vs OU in some pass happy shoot out. The weather was great at Kinnick yesterday but Iowa just did not have a balance or rhythm to their offense.

Iowa does not even have much of a passing game so the coaches better have a damn good running game.

The two main hawk running backs had 150 yards on 25 carries. I like exciting passing offense also but we didnt have it this year and the two backs could have had 300 yards on 50 carries and then you get in 12-15 or so timely play action passes.

Since 2014, the hawks have had Leshun Daniels, Canzeri, Wadley, Goodson, Sargent getting big yards and big chunks. Not no 300 yards a game but enough to help in with the passing game.

Definitely need Oline improvement in all phases and better play calling.

Nebraska has one of the worst running defenses in the country, and Iowa has an explosive RB who is a threat to take it to the house at any time. So what does our brilliant OC do? Comes out throwing with a QB who struggles to complete even simple out patterns.

Nebraska has one of the worst running defenses in the country, and Iowa has an explosive RB who is a threat to take it to the house at any time. So what does our brilliant OC do? Comes out throwing with a QB who struggles to complete even simple out patterns.
Yes, this is why after 5 years or so we need a new OC. Yesterday was a perfect day for a scratch where it itches type of game. Nebby has been soft against the run, a bad tackling team for some years now.

And I think the OLine will get bigger and I hope stronger by next year because KalebJ is a home run hitting running back and LeshonW is very good. GrantW seems a little slower right now but he has been nicked with leg and ankle injuries.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Yes, this is why after 5 years or so we need a new OC. Yesterday was a perfect day for a scratch where it itches type of game. Nebby has been soft against the run, a bad tackling team for some years now.

And I think the OLine will get bigger and I hope stronger by next year because KalebJ is a home run hitting running back and LeshonW is very good. GrantW seems a little slower right now but he has been nicked with leg and ankle injuries.
You’re assuming Kaleb and leshon return….I wouldn’t be surprised if some skill players leave…

This. In addition, both our starting ILBs and a safety were out for the game. Running all day would have beaten us and probably saved you from both of those strip-sack fumbles.

ADVERTISEMENT