ADVERTISEMENT

You were born and raised in Iowa.

Except you are. You have no clue about what you guaranteed. You have no clue what a 2nd string guard is thinking about the outback bowl. You don't know that every guy on the team really cares about this bowl that is nowhere near the top of the bowl pecking order. To speak like you do shows you are 110% full of shit.

And you’re an abusive ass so I guess we’re even.

Bye!

You play or pay back full costs from the fall semester
What if they graduate after fall semester? Or why should they pay it back as the game is not during the fall semester. So a school can take away their scholarship at any point but they student can’t leave early.

Reactions: TugsMcGee
If I was a consensus 2nd round pick or higher in the draft and the best advice I could obtain from NFL personnel managers was that playing in the bowl game wouldn't change that one way or another then I wouldn't lose sleep over skipping it.

It's a reasonable conclusion that the injury risk is high enough and the reward potential is low enough to warrant that choice for some players.

I wonder why all these top 50 or so recruits even go to college.
Apparently they don't need help to take them to the next level, especially if a 3* like fant doesn't.
Why do they risk injury in all those games if they are already good to go? Just work out and stay in shape for 3 years.
They don't need help from the staff or their teammates to make them better players ;).

Or are we just saying, well the other guys aren't good enough to make a living playing football....so who gives 2 shits about them?
In answer to your straw man statement posed as a question, it does matter to each individual player in different ways. Players leave teams at various times for a variety of reasons. They stay for them as well. If the players that stay "give 2 shits" about maintaining their scholarship in order to obtain their degree that appears to be a legitimate risk-benefit analysis on their part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT