ADVERTISEMENT

Young Thug’s lawyer, Brian Steel, ordered into custody after he was held in contempt for not disclosing his source.

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
https://x.com/kylenabecker/status/1800245306082181306

BREAKING: Young Thug’s lawyer, Brian Steel, was ordered into custody after he was held in contempt for not disclosing his source.Steel's arrest followed the lawyer refusing to disclose the source of a private conversation between the judge, the DA, and a star witness.“You got some information you shouldn’t have gotten,” Judge Glanville told the rapper’s attorney.“You’re not supposed to have communication with a witness who’s been sworn,” Steel told the judge.

As reported by AJC, the witness in the lengthy racketeering trial, Kenneth Copeland, spent the weekend in jail after refusing to testify on Friday.Steel said "he heard that prosecutor Simone Hylton reminded the witness that he could actually be held until all 26 defendants have their cases disposed of, regardless of how long that might take."“If that’s true what this is is coercion, witness intimidation, ex parte communications that we have a constitutional right to be present for,” Steel told Glanville.“I still want to know, how did you come upon this information,” Glanville asked. “Who told you?”“What I wanna know is why wasn’t I there,” Steel remarked.Judge Glanville ordered the attorney to be remanded into custody and stated that proceedings would continue.

@PhilHollowayEsq remarked on X: "This is an utter disgrace. Glanville has let his pride interfere with judicial temperament in my view. Brian Steel is one of the most reputable lawyers you will ever find.""Judges can't just jail lawyers for doing their job," he added. "Judges can't have secret meetings with DAs either."Steel had a remark for the judge on his way out of the courtroom.“You are removing me against his will, my will, and you’re taking away his right to counsel."

Steve Urkel Oops GIF

Wow, I hope this judge faces some kind of consequence for this action. This is a serious abuse of power.

Reactions: mnole03
If the judge actually met with a witness where defense counsel wasn’t present, this needs to be a mistrial and the judge needs to be formally punished.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT