ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown State staffer with an assist on a tackle of UNI player out of bounds

Maybe my eyes just aren't what they used to be, but I didn't see that Johnson intentionally hit him. He was standing in one place and the problem was that the YSU defender hit Quan late out of bounds, redirecting his momentum toward Johnson at the last second. Johnson appeared to try to move to his left to avoid getting hit and stuck his elbow out as a defensive move.

You're eyes just aren't what they used to be.

Sorry, I may have missed a communication but why is FCS playing in Feb/March? No fall season?

They possess patience and a desire to see an entire season play out without Wisconsin f@cking it up for everyone with their disease filled lungs.

Their. legs. never. touched.

I don’t know how to make that any clearer to you guys. Johnson’s legs were moving backward, away from Quan. The point of contact was Quan’s shoulder and Johnson’s upper arm.
I didn't say they touched. I say he TRIED to trip him.

2 pages. Between this thread and last week's thread on Oklahoma football player getting the crap beat out of him going double digits, HROT is back!

I didn't say they touched. I say he TRIED to trip him.
When in the history of humankind has anyone ever tried to trip someone by moving his legs backward, away from the direction the person he’s trying to trip is headed?

Did you even look at the sequence of photos I posted?

I disgree with the lot of you and I shall defend my position by breaking it down like the Zapruder film.

In this first frame, Quan is headed toward the sideline. The defender is still about 3 yards away but is closing fast. Note Johnson's position relative to the white line that extends out from the boundary. His right foot is almost even with the white line. His feet are shoulder width apart, his hands are in his pockets, and he is standing completely upright. At this point there is no reason for him to think he is going to get hit.

vzKtcBq.jpg

In this second frame, Quan clearly is completely out of bounds. The defender has not yet made contact. Notice Johnson's feet. His right foot is still in the exact same place but, sensing that there may be a collision, his left foot has started to move back and to the left. Away from the potential point of contact. Back...and to the left. He is still standing completely upright with his hands still in his pockets.

GaKQo45.jpg

In this third frame, the defender has now hit Quan out of bounds (should have been a 15-yard penalty), altering Quan's momentum directly toward Johnson. Note that Johnson has now moved his right foot backward in an attempt to avoid the collision. He appears to be bracing to protect himself from inevitable collision.

yHPjsx0.jpg

This final frame shows the actual impact. Note that Johnson's leg is not extended, as Tom Paris suggested. In fact, it is still moving backward, away from the collision. His shoulder is not lowered. He is simply bracing in a defensive posture to protect himself from the impact.

kBGRJDS.jpg

In less than a second, Johnson went from having no reason to believe he was going to be involved in a collision to being involved in a collision. He did nothing aggressive or malicious. He simply protected himself.

It should have been a 15-yard penalty on the player for a late hit out of bounds, but Johnson did nothing wrong.
^ This is the same guy who said Nick Sandmann was a victim of Nathan Phillips in a video, and ignored/defended the boys when they were caught sexually harassing women in another video. Not exactly a reliable eye-witness. ;)

^ This is the same guy who said Nick Sandmann was a victim of Nathan Phillips in a video, and ignored/defended the boys when they were caught sexually harassing women in another video. Not exactly a reliable eye-witness. ;)
I never said Sandmann was a victim of Nathan Phillips. I said he was a victim of shitheads like you who called for him to be doxxed and harassed.

And I never defended the boys who were harassing girls. I said you can't hold Sandmann accountable for what other people did. You tried to claim Sandmann was just as responsible because they were from the same school, even though they weren't from the same school. "He's wearing Bengals gear, the only possible explanation is that he's from CovCath." Even though he was actually from the Louisville area and just happened to be hanging around with some of the students from the many Cincinnati-area schools that were in attendance that day.

I'm surprised you continue to bring that up. Your performance in those threads was one of the colossal failures of logic I've ever witnessed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT