ADVERTISEMENT

Your #19 Iowa hawkeyes

Well deserved after that murderers row Iowa has faced in their first 6 games. Coming back in the second half against a dominate Nebraska squad. It all continues next week with Illinois.
Your conference lost to 3 sunbelt teams and is awful. Enjoy your stay on Iowa’s board though.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Your conference lost to 3 sunbelt teams and is awful. Enjoy your stay on Iowa’s board though.

Is Iowa worse than Purdue then if all you base your team's strength from is first game of season? The Big Ten has 3 wins against winning teams right now, 2 of them by Northwestern. Yet, Iowa fan thinks Big Ten > Big 12. Rationale please? I'd love to hear it. Surely it's more than ISU losing to 8-1 Louisiana and KState losing to Arkansas State in week 1? There are so many shitty teams in your conference that a team can go 5 straight games without playing a team with a pulse. I read on here that ISU is way overrated at #9 even though their resume is one of strongest in nation yet Iowa fan thinks if they beat Wisconsin and Indiana to end the season they should be in the top 10 and going to NY6 bowl. Double standard or just blind allegiance to the Big Ten despite Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Nebraska all sucking as bad as ever?

Is Iowa worse than Purdue then if all you base your team's strength from is first game of season? The Big Ten has 3 wins against winning teams right now, 2 of them by Northwestern. Yet, Iowa fan thinks Big Ten > Big 12. Rationale please? I'd love to hear it. Surely it's more than ISU losing to 8-1 Louisiana and KState losing to Arkansas State in week 1? There are so many shitty teams in your conference that a team can go 5 straight games without playing a team with a pulse. I read on here that ISU is way overrated at #9 even though their resume is one of strongest in nation yet Iowa fan thinks if they beat Wisconsin and Indiana to end the season they should be in the top 10 and going to NY6 bowl. Double standard or just blind allegiance to the Big Ten despite Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Nebraska all sucking as bad as ever?
Lol, you avoid my point by not quoting my entire post. What in the hell makes you think Wisconsin can’t beat those teams? Why does Iowa state get a pass for a loss and Wisconsin doesn’t? The B1G has only played B1G teams so not sure what your point is on winning records. I never questioned Iowa state being ranked 9th. I actually do think OSU is overrated. I just think it’s laughable you think Iowa State and Texas would automatically beat Wisconsin.

Bottom line for ISU - win your final regular season game and if they want to be relevant on a national level, they HAVE to beat OU in the championship game.

Bottom line for Iowa - win last 2 regular season games and beat the crossover team, even if it is tOSU. Hawks have no chance at CFP, but a showing like that could land them an NY6 game.

Petrus needs to put on his big boy pants and stop throwing short passes at WR ankles, stop STARING DOWN his targets, and when he pulls it down, run like he means business, instead of the 1/2 speed crap. Otherwise the scenario above is probably a pipe dream. These teams do not and will not respect our passing game until we prove we are competent at throwing the ball. Until that happens, That will make it extremely difficult to run the ball.

Lol, you avoid my point by not quoting my entire post. What in the hell makes you think Wisconsin can’t beat those teams? Why does Iowa state get a pass for a loss and Wisconsin doesn’t? The B1G has only played B1G teams so not sure what your point is on winning records. I never questioned Iowa state being ranked 9th. I actually do think OSU is overrated. I just think it’s laughable you think Iowa State and Texas would automatically beat Wisconsin.

Take out non-conference games and the Big 12 still has 5/10 teams with winning records. The Big Ten has 5/14. My point about Wisconsin that I must have just stated in another thread is that they only have 2 wins against bad teams and the 1 good team they played (Northwestern) was a loss. We have no idea if Wisconsin is a good team or not at this point. I'm not giving a pass to ISU on a loss. That first game of season loss was bad. Luckily they also have wins against OU, Texas, and KState, all teams with winning records. That's 3. The same amount of wins (over teams with winning records) combined by the Big Ten's 14 teams! That's not even counting the non-conference wins in the equation.

Bottom line for ISU - win your final regular season game and if they want to be relevant on a national level, they HAVE to beat OU in the championship game.

Bottom line for Iowa - win last 2 regular season games and beat the crossover team, even if it is tOSU. Hawks have no chance at CFP, but a showing like that could land them an NY6 game.

Petrus needs to put on his big boy pants and stop throwing short passes at WR ankles, stop STARING DOWN his targets, and when he pulls it down, run like he means business, instead of the 1/2 speed crap. Otherwise the scenario above is probably a pipe dream. These teams do not and will not respect our passing game until we prove we are competent at throwing the ball. Until that happens, That will make it extremely difficult to run the ball.

So if ISU wants to be relevant they have to beat OU twice in one season? They win on Sat against WVU and they are 8-1 in conference after playing everyone. Yeah, your rationale makes sense. So if Iowa doesn't play Ohio State at all are they relevant with wins over Wisconsin and Indiana?

Reactions: ISUAlumni
Take out non-conference games and the Big 12 still has 5/10 teams with winning records. The Big Ten has 5/14. My point about Wisconsin that I must have just stated in another thread is that they only have 2 wins against bad teams and the 1 good team they played (Northwestern) was a loss. We have no idea if Wisconsin is a good team or not at this point. I'm not giving a pass to ISU on a loss. That first game of season loss was bad. Luckily they also have wins against OU, Texas, and KState, all teams with winning records. That's 3. The same amount of wins (over teams with winning records) combined by the Big Ten's 14 teams! That's not even counting the non-conference wins in the equation.
I’m not arguing who has a better resume. ISU should be ranked 8th in my opinion. The B1G screwed itself with the schedule. I’m just saying to say Wisconsin can’t beat Iowa State and Texas is a pretty bold statement. I’m assuming a spread in those games would be within 3 points on a neutral field. I think we’re arguing different points.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 98Clone
I’m not arguing who has a better resume. ISU should be ranked 8th in my opinion. The B1G screwed itself with the schedule. I’m just saying to say Wisconsin can’t beat Iowa State and Texas is a pretty bold statement. I’m assuming a spread in those games would be within 3 points on a neutral field. I think we’re arguing different points.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with anything you just said there.

Does this year really count? ISU lost to Louisiana........ Iowa lost 2 games by 5 total points....... Iowa could very well lose this next week as could ISU.

Comparing conferences this year is dumb. Because we have no clue who is good and who is not. Big ten will get a lot of love the last 2 weeks of the year when no one else is playing. as will the Pac 12.

Big 12 is way down this year compared to years past also. As is the big 10.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
All of this is a mute point when/ if bowl games get cancelled and the season is over in December.

Does this year really count? ISU lost to Louisiana........ Iowa lost 2 games by 5 total points....... Iowa could very well lose this next week as could ISU.

Comparing conferences this year is dumb. Because we have no clue who is good and who is not. Big ten will get a lot of love the last 2 weeks of the year when no one else is playing. as will the Pac 12.

Big 12 is way down this year compared to years past also. As is the big 10.

I would agree that comparing conferences this year is pointless but why do most Iowa fans want to say the Big 12 is way down? Because ISU is leading it after losing bad game to Louisiana to start season? OU, Texas, Okie State and ISU are who the top 4 projected teams in the conference were at the start of the season. Maybe not in exact order they are in currently but it's not far off. It's not like we have a Penn State who was a top 10 preseason team coming off 11 win season and now has 1 win. Or a Michigan who won 9 games a year ago and now only has 2 wins or a Minnesota who had 11 wins a year ago and has 2 wins as well. The only team from Big 12 who was great last year and is bad this year is Baylor, who lost their head coach. I would hardly say the Big 12 is as down as Big Ten is compared to past few seasons.

Its a joke as usual. Keep TAM at 5 and UF at 6 so they can drop fOSU when they don't make the BCG. TAM has a 5 pt win vs Vandy and lost by 30 + to Bama. UF has played and beaten nobody. TAM and UFL should be 6 and 7, Cincy should be 5.

ISU at 9 is a joke. BYU gets no love.
"UF has played and beaten nobody" They played and beat the # 8 team in the nation by 3 scores so you pretty much have lost your credibility in college football discusisons.

"UF has played and beaten nobody" They played and beat the # 8 team in the nation by 3 scores so you pretty much have lost your credibility in college football discusisons.

UGA is hardly deserving of the 8th place ranking currently. They are getting propped up because they're in SEC. Their only good win is against Auburn who's no longer top 25. They should be somewhere in the mid teens. They don't have any good opponents remaining on their schedule either so they'll stay in top 10 too. That makes Florida look better too.

I would agree that comparing conferences this year is pointless but why do most Iowa fans want to say the Big 12 is way down? Because ISU is leading it after losing bad game to Louisiana to start season? OU, Texas, Okie State and ISU are who the top 4 projected teams in the conference were at the start of the season. Maybe not in exact order they are in currently but it's not far off. It's not like we have a Penn State who was a top 10 preseason team coming off 11 win season and now has 1 win. Or a Michigan who won 9 games a year ago and now only has 2 wins or a Minnesota who had 11 wins a year ago and has 2 wins as well. The only team from Big 12 who was great last year and is bad this year is Baylor, who lost their head coach. I would hardly say the Big 12 is as down as Big Ten is compared to past few seasons.
College football is down as a whole. Big 12 is better now than they were at the end of October..... but is that because of who they are playing? A playoff system will be interesting if installed this year. Regionally would be fun and ideal. But it will never happen. I am not sure what conference is worse. Big 10 or 12 this year. Right now the big 10 is playing through tight protocols and missing players from teams week to week. Really hard to tell what Big 10 teams are like when their whole teams are out more so than most other teams. Case in point with Baylor this year. Lots of players lost to covid and look at the results.

Reactions: 98Clone
Iowa and purdue play the same teams.... how many lil12 teams did laf lose to? How many common opp you have? Shame we couldn't put another L on cmc :(
Have getting destroyed in your bowl game lol :). Way overrated.

Thanks to psu and msu our sched is soft this year, I won't deny that.

You want to take out losses to la laf and other bs schools?

Shocking lol

This has been a crazy year no doubt, BUT for as far back as you want to dredge the BIG is certainly way better as a whole and there's no disputing that FACT. Its unfortunate that because of the $$$ involved we let Nebraska, (a big 12 castoff, who has added NOTHING to our conference), Maryland and Rutgers into the league. They have done little but lower the overall perception of the quality of football in the conference.

No, your SEC bias showing. Georgia was garbage when they played, has beaten teams that are now 12-29 or some such and has been blown out by 2 top 10 teams. Florida lost to TAM (!!) who is hot garbage and beat mighty Vandy 17-12 and mighty LSU 20-7 (which included a D TD).

You might want to check your credibility.

At this point why not, or what compelling reason do you keep them out? They've only played in games they could play in. Committee also took a shot at TAM when they said fOSU has a really, really good offense and that is why they are 4.

No, your SEC bias showing. Georgia was garbage when they played, has beaten teams that are now 12-29 or some such and has been blown out by 2 top 10 teams. Florida lost to TAM (!!) who is hot garbage and beat mighty Vandy 17-12 and mighty LSU 20-7 (which included a D TD).

So everyone is garbage except for when you need it to fit your narrative? Do you think you have an anti-SEC bias?

Last edited:

You want Cincinnati higher in the rankings but you are obsessed with the teams you hate and their schedules. Cincy has played 0 power 5 teams and their schedule is ranked 84th by the CFP committee.
Just out of curiosity who do you think has played a tough schedule and has quality wins?

So everyone is garbage except for when you need it to fit your narrative? Do you think you have an anti-SEC bias?
Absolutely I have an anti-SEC bias, especially when damn near every SEC is rated preseason and the narrative becomes how hard the SEC is throughout the season. The top may be good, but the rest of the league is garbage.

You want to take out losses to la laf and other bs schools?

Shocking lol

Keep the 3 losses in then. Just wanted to clarify that the 5 teams in Big 12 with winning records currently don't need to use their non-conference wins to make their winning records. Iowa State and KState lost their out of conference game yet still have winning records. Oklahoma, Texas, and Okie State all won their non conference games.

Keep the 3 losses in then. Just wanted to clarify that the 5 teams in Big 12 with winning records currently don't need to use their non-conference wins to make their winning records. Iowa State and KState lost their out of conference game yet still have winning records. Oklahoma, Texas, and Okie State all won their non conference games.
That's true, those 3 did best an avg tulsa team and 2 really bad teams.
Fwiw....

So if ISU wants to be relevant they have to beat OU twice in one season? They win on Sat against WVU and they are 8-1 in conference after playing everyone. Yeah, your rationale makes sense. So if Iowa doesn't play Ohio State at all are they relevant with wins over Wisconsin and Indiana?

On a national level? Yes. That’s the way it works.

1. I won't argue that ISU deserves to be #9 or anybody else deserves to be anywhere. Polls and ranking are often b.s., and this year they are more b.s. than usual.
2. For the record, ESPN has ISU's schedule third-toughest among the teams ranked in the CFP top ten.
3. As bad as the Louisiana loss was, it seems obvious that most observers are discarding it as an outlier...which makes sense. And Louisiana is a good football team.

1. I won't argue that ISU deserves to be #9 or anybody else deserves to be anywhere. Polls and ranking are often b.s., and this year they are more b.s. than usual.
2. For the record, ESPN has ISU's schedule third-toughest among the teams ranked in the CFP top ten.
3. As bad as the Louisiana loss was, it seems obvious that most observers are discarding it as an outlier...which makes sense. And Louisiana is a good football team.
We have different definitions of "good".

Ya, 8-1 in the Big12. That’s like 4-5 in the Sunbelt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT