ADVERTISEMENT

Your 2021 National Champions

We have the ingredients, no reason not to dream. Senior leadership, proven point guards, depth and All American scorer. Defense is obviously the Achilles heal. If the season is shortened then I would think that would work to our advantage.

Someday I will tell my grandchildren “So nobody left their houses for months except to hoard toilet paper. There were no sports. Casey’s pizza was still delicious. But then we emerged! A changed people we were. And Iowa basketball was miraculously the dopest goddamn team in all the land! Garza was unstoppable! Joe W was an artist on the court. CJF made professional assassins quiver with his lethal range! And JBO turned the basketball world on its head by averaging 6 made 3’s per game. Coach K called it ‘The team I’d build if One-and-Dones were no longer a thing.’”

Goddamn.

We have the ingredients, no reason not to dream. Senior leadership, proven point guards, depth and All American scorer. Defense is obviously the Achilles heal. If the season is shortened then I would think that would work to our advantage.
Agreed. If the defense can kick it up a notch they have a legit shot to make a deep run. It’s hard not to be excited.

Let’s just make the Sweet 16 first then we can talk about dreams like this. Iowa sports and preseason expectations have let me down way too much.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT