ADVERTISEMENT

Your 2022-2023 Starting Hawk Lineup and how will they do:

You should rewatch the Midlands match. Of course Lee is the favorite but don't underestimate Glory.
Sure thing. And give me a healthy SL any day of the week. And it could get ugly if Glory doesn’t manage to slow down the action.

You should rewatch the Midlands match. Of course Lee is the favorite but don't underestimate Glory.
IIRC Spencer won 12-6. Spencer faded after a big 1st period. A healthy, well conditioned Spencer Lee is unbeatable at 125 IMHO. Glory has a hard time making 125 as it is, sucking down and then having to deal with Spencer’s man strength isn’t going to go well for Glory.

Last edited:
On what do you base this? If it is so hard, why has he not gone to 133?
Im basing that on the fact that he missed weight vs the Hawks last year. Ybarra won by forfeit. After the match when Princeton (specifically Glory) got chippy, someone on the Hawks bench (I forget who) yelled at Glory to worry about making weight.

Last edited:
Of course, you know it was because of weight. He wrestled duals every weekend from the beginning of January through to EIWAs and NCAAs, plus starting the year winning CKLV.
Ross from Go Iowa awesome reported after the match that “unfortunately #1 vs #2 didn’t happen cause Lee didn’t even dress and Glory failed to make weight”. I believe the PBP announcers (Moody) reported on it as well.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
On what do you base this? If it is so hard, why has he not gone to 133?

Here's a write up on him. It says both that "he battled a tough weight cut to stick at 125 pounds", and later quotes Glory saying the weight cut for this year is going to be hard but that Glory believes 125 gives him the best chance at winning.

Anything else, or would you like to continue to act obtuse?

Here's a write up on him. It says both that "he battled a tough weight cut to stick at 125 pounds", and later quotes Glory saying the weight cut for this year is going to be hard but that Glory believes 125 gives him the best chance at winning.

Obligatory Obtuse Gif
how-can-you-be-so-obtuse-andy-dufresne.gif

IIRC Spencer won 12-6. Spencer faded after a big 1st period. A healthy, well conditioned Spencer Lee is unbeatable at 125 IMHO. Glory has a hard time making 125 as it is, sucking down and then having to deal with Spencer’s man strength isn’t going to go well for Glory.
This. The first match, when Lee teched him, people were talking about how impressed they were with how he looked getting teched. Glory is a really really good wrestler but he's not on the same level as healthy Spencer. Hope Spencer can get back to that.

Excuses are for wusses, but yes, I'd put $ on Lee but I won't. There's a future bet, maybe Cass vs Kerk to keep @12tdsaw poor.

I’m not going to give my predictions for the Hawkeyes this year. Every year it just turns into one big argument. Lol
I’ll give my PSU look
125: 2-2
133: Champ
141: 2-2
149: 1-2
157: 0-2/1-2 unless Haines then 6th
165: 1-2
174: top 2 guaranteed I’ll give him the slight edge again Champ
184: Champ
197: think he slips up once 3rd
285: draws will be crucial, but I’ll say 2nd (this is assuming no Gable)

Go ahead and give your predictions

I’ll give my PSU look
125: 2-2
133: Champ
141: 2-2
149: 1-2
157: 0-2/1-2 unless Haines then 6th
165: 1-2
174: top 2 guaranteed I’ll give him the slight edge again Champ
184: Champ
197: think he slips up once 3rd
285: draws will be crucial, but I’ll say 2nd (this is assuming no Gable)

Go ahead and give your predictions

That's reasonable. Obviously I'm hoping Beau does better at his natural weight. Give us your Hawk predictions.

Reactions: hlstone
That's reasonable. Obviously I'm hoping Beau does better at his natural weight. Give us your Hawk predictions.
125: Champ Hodge
133: don’t even know who the guy will be, my money is still on Schriever and will say 2-2 until I see growth on bottom from him
141: have to say Champ right now assuming a bump from better training partners, we will know a lot after the all star match
149: 6th
157: just hoping to qualify the weight
165: 5th/6th
174: Rd12
184: Rd12
197: I’d say 2nd but I picked Dean to lose earlier so I say Champ but it doesn’t sound right
285: again draws crucial and I will say 4th

At 285 I can realistically see any of the top 4 winning but think Schultz is probably the best guy. Then seeding will determine 2-4

Edit to add: I firmly believe 174 and 184 can place but they have to go prove it.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
125: Champ Hodge
133: don’t even know who the guy will be, my money is still on Schriever and will say 2-2 until I see growth on bottom from him
141: have to say Champ right now assuming a bump from better training partners, we will know a lot after the all star match
149: 6th
157: just hoping to qualify the weight
165: 5th/6th
174: Rd12
184: Rd12
197: I’d say 2nd but I picked Dean to lose earlier so I say Champ but it doesn’t sound right
285: again draws crucial and I will say 4th

At 285 I can realistically see any of the top 4 winning but think Schultz is probably the best guy. Then seeding will determine 2-4

Edit to add: I firmly believe 174 and 184 can place but they have to go prove it.

Except Schultz. He's not the best guy.

I feel like Glory has a shot at RBY/Fix.. but not really against Spencer.. seems like the best chance at winning would be to wrestle your natural weight and try your best rather then sucking to a tough cut and wrestling the best…🤷‍♂️

Reactions: praguehawk
Maybe rolling the dice that SL might not be 100% come March.
I don’t know
You don’t tug on Superman’s cape, you don’t spit into the wind, you don’t pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you don’t wrestle around with SL…. Can’t find the right last line…. So I will go with Glory better be careful what he wishes for

I feel like Glory has a shot at RBY/Fix.. but not really against Spencer.. seems like the best chance at winning would be to wrestle your natural weight and try your best rather then sucking to a tough cut and wrestling the best…🤷‍♂️
I imagine he figures he’s a likely finalist at 125 behind Lee. At 133 he’s not beating RBY or Fix. He’d have his hands full with McGee and Byrd as well. Vito is the only other guy at 125 with a legit shot at beating Glory as they both have wins over each other.

I imagine he figures he’s a likely finalist at 125 behind Lee. At 133 he’s not beating RBY or Fix. He’d have his hands full with McGee and Byrd as well. Vito is the only other guy at 125 with a legit shot at beating Glory as they both have wins over each other.
I agree if he wants to place higher 125 probably better chance but if he wants to win it all I think he has a better shot at 133 barring a healthy SL

Maybe rolling the dice that SL might not be 100% come March.
I think that's the smart move. How much has Spencer been 100% in college?

We probably overestimate the chances of Spencer coming back with healthy legs. Not a single surgery he has had on his knees so far has delivered joints that can take the grind.

Reactions: MitchLL and el dub
I think that's the smart move. How much has Spencer been 100% in college?

We probably overestimate the chances of Spencer coming back with healthy legs. Not a single surgery he has had on his knees so far has delivered joints that can take the grind.
Makes me wonder how realistic his chances are on the world stage.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT