ADVERTISEMENT

Your 2022-2023 Starting Hawk Lineup and how will they do:

I think that's the smart move. How much has Spencer been 100% in college?

We probably overestimate the chances of Spencer coming back with healthy legs. Not a single surgery he has had on his knees so far has delivered joints that can take the grind.
With what he's been through, he'll never truly be 100% recovered, imo.

Reactions: el dub and AFHawk86

We probably overestimate the chances of Spencer coming back with healthy legs. Not a single surgery he has had on his knees so far has delivered joints that can take the grind.
Well he has won 3 titles and had one of the most dominant seasons in wrestling history 2 seasons ago, so I like his chances at finishing on top of the podium.

Weights 157 through 184 minus Patrick Kennedy, is brutally depressing. Hard to believe we couldn't find better options. Brands and Assad haven't developed into much and 157 is just a gapping hole.

Weights 157 through 184 minus Patrick Kennedy, is brutally depressing. Hard to believe we couldn't find better options. Brands and Assad haven't developed into much and 157 is just a gapping hole.
Disagree mightily on Brands. He wrestled up at 184 and had some big wins. I’m excited to see what he can do in a full season at 174. 157 is troubling. With Abe’s pedigree I’m still hopelessly optimistic the Brands can unlock the talent inside him.

Disagree mightily on Brands. He wrestled up at 184 and had some big wins. I’m excited to see what he can do in a full season at 174. 157 is troubling. With Abe’s pedigree I’m still hopelessly optimistic the Brands can unlock the talent inside him.
Unless Brands can figure out follow up offense to go with hand fighting and head pulls then I'm not at all excited to see what he can do. I've seen too many matches of hand fighting and head pulling and no shots.

Reactions: js8793
Unless Brands can figure out follow up offense to go with hand fighting and head pulls then I'm not at all excited to see what he can do. I've seen too many matches of hand fighting and head pulling and no shots.
He’s going to win some big matches, he’s got too much heart not to. Kid fights and scraps and has a great gas tank. I’m a fan

Brands is 18-0 @ 165, 10-1 @ 174, and 12-10 @ 184.

He's beaten top-20 guys at 184 and won a match at NCAAs, but he wasn't within striking distance of AA.

He's only wrestled 1 guy in the top 30 at either 165 or 174, and that was a 4-2 loss to #3 Hayden Hidlay last year. So nobody knows for sure what to expect.

I'd love to see him break through, but until he beats a couple of top-5 guys at 174, I'm not counting on points from him.

Brands is 18-0 @ 165, 10-1 @ 174, and 12-10 @ 184.

He's beaten top-20 guys at 184 and won a match at NCAAs, but he wasn't within striking distance of AA.

He's only wrestled 1 guy in the top 30 at either 165 or 174, and that was a 4-2 loss to #3 Hayden Hidlay last year. So nobody knows for sure what to expect.

I'd love to see him break through, but until he beats a couple of top-5 guys at 174, I'm not counting on points from him.
also coming off a pretty serious elbow injury from the sounds of it. any points from brands is a plus.

Reactions: TarpHawk

Part of what has made SL is his scramble/flexibility ability. But this is what has also trashed his knees. Focus on clean shots and not letting opponents take theirs should reduce this risk His ability to end matches in the first period goes a long ways to keeping his knees.

The Fanco kid is very passionate about wrestling, but he unabashedly makes YouTube videos for the likes. He’s gotten hammered for his picks and responds that he didn’t say PSU wouldn’t win it all, he said that Mizzou’s lineup is the “most stacked”. Whatever the hell that means. Last year he was quite confident that Cornell was a top 5 team (they finished 9th).

Reactions: el dub and 12tdsaw
ADVERTISEMENT