ADVERTISEMENT

Your best songs with the word "great" in the song title?

It’s not my favorite song, but it’s a limited category and I give credit for making unique music videos.

If you're not scared of religious songs, there's a HUGE catalog.

Half of the famous country singers of the 1950's timeframe recorded "The Great Speckled Bird."

None of the videos actually have videos however ... just pictures of Wanda Jackson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and a few others.

Here is a George Jones version:

Beat me to it...was going to post but first had a beer..l

I loved how in the story told within the song, he was sentenced to only two years in jail. That seems light for an armed robbery. He must have written this before the Crime Bill of 1994.

In any case, Mr. Buffet seems inspired by Warren Zevon ... the best songwriter of songs about adventurism through grift and crime and war and machine guns and such.

I loved how in the story told within the song, he was sentenced to only two years in jail. That seems light for an armed robbery. He must have written this before the Crime Bill of 1994.

In any case, Mr. Buffet seems inspired by Warren Zevon ... the best songwriter of songs about adventurism through grift and crime and war and machine guns and such.
Have you read any of the "Joe Merchant" books by Jimmy Buffett? Not terribly deep, but entertaining nonetheless.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus

I have not read that, but will keep an eye out for it.

I am currently reading a fictionalized version of events during the French Revolution. I am just past the half way mark and the Guillotine has just been invented. I sense that lots of mayhem lies just ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT