ADVERTISEMENT

Your chance to get an up-close-and-personal look at the new I-74 bridge

I love bridge architecture. Very cool bridge! Thanks for posting.

It’s amazing how pedestrian bridges, which for so long were designed with, well, very boring (one could say “pedestrian”) architecture, have become statement pieces for communities within the past 15 years or so.

Reactions: tape and torbee
I’d say get over it, but that’s just what Torbee would want.
LOL, my interest is not that fascinating. It's been a longtime project in the works for more than 30 years here -- was one of the first issues I wrote about when I got my first newspaper job in the Quad Cities in 1998 and have been following it closely since.

It is the largest infrastructure project in Quad Cities history -- and one of the largest ever in Iowa and outside of Chicago, one of the largest in Illinois history as well. In fact, when construction started, it was the single-largest infrastructure project being undertaken in the ENTIRE COUNTRY (circa 2017-18 or so).

Plus, it's a good looking bridge!

FD-EzSmWYAgjCSS.jpg

Hey, at least the QCA is experiencing urban renewal. I will be back again this summer to get my QCA pizza. Last time, thanks to @torbee I tried Franks in Sylvis. This time, something diff maybe.

Air show is coming back for 2023 with the Thunderbirds. Been a while since I saw the USAF in the QCA. Will be a bummer with no jets this year though.

Hey, at least the QCA is experiencing urban renewal. I will be back again this summer to get my QCA pizza. Last time, thanks to @torbee I tried Franks in Sylvis. This time, something diff maybe.

Air show is coming back for 2023 with the Thunderbirds. Been a while since I saw the USAF in the QCA. Will be a bummer with no jets this year though.
First -- call me and I'll go with. But if you can't, get your pizza from here:

rc0d-Uncle-Bills-Pizza-meals.jpg

Reactions: GOHOX69
I absolutetely love the bridge. .. unfortunately we live in the QC which means we still have the worst drivers on the planet (outside of Wisconsin). The on-ramp between River and Middle (Iowa bound) is a death trap because people are morons. ... as well as the on-ramp to illinois from River Dr. Hopefully people figure it out or they modify it somehow because I've about been blasted a few times by people that don't realize lanes are ending.

Reactions: torbee
Every single legit QC pizza purveyor uses fresh local ground meat and makes their own dough.

Try again, dipshit.
Maaaaybe I'm wrong on the dough but in my defense, it still sucks.

I'm on board with everything else QC-related you bring up, so keep those going.... dipshit ;)

Now, for those that want something original that doesn't taste the EXACT same as every other place in the QC, try Lopiez.

o.jpg

I'm on board with everything else QC-related you bring up, so keep those going.... dipshit ;)

Now, for those that want something original that doesn't taste the EXACT same as every other place in the QC, try Lopiez.

o.jpg
I was woefully uninspired by Lopiez. I thought it really lacked flavor.

I was woefully uninspired by Lopiez. I thought it really lacked flavor.
If we did a blind taste test, I guarantee you couldn't tell the difference between Uncle Bills vs any other QC style pizza

o.jpg
I enjoy Lopiez pizza. Good and a little different.

You underestimate my palate.

I guarantee you I could pick out Frank's, Uncle Bill's, Harris and Wise Guys. They all have pretty unique characteristics to those who consume them regularly.
Yessss we need to make this happen!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT