ADVERTISEMENT

Your high school hype song

class of ‘97… several options, but this one reigns supreme for hype. Good memories of locker room shenanigans after beating teams fall of ‘96.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions
And there was an instrumental that I never knew the name that they played during layup line before basketball games

I'm old.

Eye of the Tiger but that was our whole school due to the mascot. That was even in 03'.

My hype song changed on the sport. Soccer was hard rock. Basketball was rap. Don't know why...

Reactions: swagsurfer02
If it was junior high, the song had to be “Duke of Earl” by Gene Chandler...but you said high school...then I was older and my tastes matured and I was into formal, trained professional voiceS"...My “go to voice” would be that of David Blatt, aka Jay Black of Jay and the Americans.
Currently, Black (and the Americans) are getting a lot of “you tube” love from Latinos who host “oldies” music. I am sure the Latino sound if “Come a Little Bit Closer” is a reason for the attention. However, the formally voice training Black received is most evident in his recording of “Cara Mia”….this is probably my “go to song” as a high schooler…Recorded in 1965, Black sang it forever as a “solo artist” at concerts. There is you tube stuff from him performing the song from 2001 and 2010 up they 2015 or so. His stuff from 2001-10 sounds better than when it was originally released in the mid-1960s.
The guy was a singing talent. I still enjoy “Cara Mia” to this day.

Lol. I still remember this as the first part of the warm up music for basketball.

No way Fiegel would have let us do it for football.

Yeah, Old Walter wouldn’t go for that. Usually it was some type of ACDC, Metallica etc….. which I didn’t mind during football season but we mostly played rap in the locker room for basketball

Senior year '05 it was "Back in Black" for football because we got new home uniforms that were all black.

My personal warm up music was listening to The first couple Disturbed albums and Metallica on my discman.

I don’t recall recorded music on any kind of PA at HS events other than at dances at my school. I graduated in 1996.

Metallica-Enter Sandman
AC/DC - Big Gun
Top Gun Theme in my headphones just prior to kickoff

This was about the hottest song my senior year in high school. Stands up pretty well today.

Did your school have electricity? Running water?
I remember asbestos everywhere, also, textbooks with classmates’ dads names written into the “This book belongs to . . . “ section. Oh, and Tractor Day. We definitely had Tractor Day.

Reactions: ping72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT