ADVERTISEMENT

Your Most Despised College Football Team/Program.

Miami is way up there. Arrogant pricks who have no business being in college in the first place. The University of Miami is a very good school, unless you are a football player. If you are a football player, it is a very good NFL training program. You don't learn much else.
I think my hatred for Miami peaked when then university president Donna Shalala chose to not watch the video of a fight the Miami players got into during a game with FIU in 2006. Benches cleared, helmets were swung, police had to step in, fights broke out in the stands. Shalala stated she didn't watch the video because she didn't want it to effect any punishment she would eventually have to dish out. And punishments were notoriously light. Anthony Reddick hit a dude with his helmet and got a whopping 4 game suspension. After the game, head Coach Larry Coker said the video of the fight would reflect positively on the program.
The entire program is a stain on college football.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Am I the only one who follows directions? The directions clearly state collage.

images

Current order:

Penn State
F*** Wisconsin
Ohio State (3a)
Alabama (3b)
USC
Northwestern
Nebraska
Florida
Minnesota
Michigan State

Honorable mention:
Fanbases of Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Maryland, Oregon, Oklahoma, Texas, and Iowa State

Reactions: pink shizzle
Same here. After what happened there, that school should have been banned from ever having another football program for perpetuity. Their legacy will always be associated with Paterno. And, the disgusting criminal activity that went on there for decades, and was allowed and covered up, was unforgivable. Sexually abusing children is akin to torture and murder. It's a travesty that they still have a team.
We have no long history with PSU but you'd think so by the ignorant and pompous display their fans showed when we played them last in the Orange Bowl NYD 2006. It was a very hard fought game and PSU won in OT, but their fans would walk up pre-game to FSU tailgates and deliberately talk garbage and try to start stuff.
Very northeast NFL bush league stuff. Ugh.

Florida State
Notre Dame
the Ohio State
Okie State
Gooooooooophers

if any of those football teams never win another game, my world would be a better place.
Come on, Grandpa. What's the problem?

We have no long history with PSU but you'd think so by the ignorant and pompous display their fans showed when we played them last in the Orange Bowl NYD 2006. It was a very hard fought game and PSU won in OT, but their fans would walk up pre-game to FSU tailgates and deliberately talk garbage and try to start stuff.

Penn State may very well be the worst. Even without the Sandusky/Paterno incident, that school is the Omegas from Animal House.

My honorable mentions are:
Miami
Alabama
Texas A&M

With Alabama, it's not really the team, it's the fans in my area. I'd bet most couldn't find Tuscaloosa on a map.

And with aTm, it's really about Jimbo. I don't care that he left. I don't like how he quit on the team his last season.

Reactions: goldmom
Nebraska- Western Iowa upbringing so they will never move from #1 in my book. Fans are/where insufferable but they have actually been better since joining the BIG10. Getting beat will do that to you I guess

After that I would say:
Penn St for the pedo thing- not their players or fans fault though
Northwestern- Fitz drives me nuts but probably because he plays the Hawks tough
OSU- Just because of how dirty they have to be
The SEC- just generally but love their culture and with the BIG10 would step up their game as a conference

I dunno how fans remained intact. That football program should have been permanently eliminated. That stadium should have been torn down. We're not talking about paying players, or giving them special treatment... that happens everywhere. It's hardwired in college sports. What PSU enabled and committed was a criminal act that is reprehensible beyond belief. And, the team's legacy, as far as athletic accomplishments and appeal, will always be attached to the Paterno era. And, that era was also when his coach was raping children and the other coaches and school covered it up and allowed it to continue on and on.

Nebraska- Western Iowa upbringing so they will never move from #1 in my book. Fans are/where insufferable but they have actually been better since joining the BIG10. Getting beat will do that to you I guess

After that I would say:
Penn St for the pedo thing- not their players or fans fault though
Northwestern- Fitz drives me nuts but probably because he plays the Hawks tough
OSU- Just because of how dirty they have to be
The SEC- just generally but love their culture and with the BIG10 would step up their game as a conference

Regarding Penn St. It obviously wasn't the fans direct fault. But their cult like following helped create an environment where the abuse could exist. Many of them also supported and still support Paterno, and their levels of denial with respect the whole thing was pathetic.

They were the reality denying "FAKE NEWS" people before it became popular.

It was always Notre Dame before Nebraska joined the conference. I think I am now here...

1. Nebraska
2. Notre Dame
3. Iowa St.
4. Minnesota
5. USC
6. Florida

The last two have kind of drifted. USC because we beat them so bad last year I feel slightly better about the Orange Bowl. I just haven't had the pleasure of interacting with that trashy Florida fanbase for awhile now so they are way down.

Nebraska

I live in South Bend. . . even Notre Dame fans don't have the level of unearned confidence in their team that Nebraska fans have.

Notre Dame while not a national championship contender usually has double digit wins as of recent. So they are still fairly good.

Nebraska just flat out sucks, they have had a ton of losing records over the last 8 years but still think they are a great team.

Come on, Grandpa. What's the problem?
Phuque the Gooooophers!
Phuque the Bucks!
Phuque the Seminoles!

I have never been a fan. Sorry. I hate the colors. I find their uniforms disturbing. I has a neighbor that was an instructor there and he told me a couple of stories that were not the most complementary of that coach u guys hired from West Virginia.
Don’t take it personal. I have little influence any more.

My honorable mentions are:
Miami
Alabama
Texas A&M

With Alabama, it's not really the team, it's the fans in my area. I'd bet most couldn't find Tuscaloosa on a map.

And with aTm, it's really about Jimbo. I don't care that he left. I don't like how he quit on the team his last season.
I don't like aTm either but it has nothing to do with Jimbo. It seems like every year they are the program hyped up and they never come through on it. Plus, I hated Johnny Football. So, there's that.

I don't really "hate" any other program, but I sure do loathe...

Northwestern - just hate playing them in football due to their ability to ruin seasons for Iowa.
Wisconsin - the west's Death Star.
Minnesota - because of their fans' irrational hatred of all things Iowa.
Nebraska - message board poster derived more than anything else.
Penn State - we all know why. Customized sausages of course ;)
MSU - just something rotten about their sports programs in general.

And of course, F Notre Dame. Just because.

This seems like a exceptionally crappy collage football program. Speedboats on the field? A guy fighting birds with tennis racket? WTF.

I guess I despise this.

60-year-1957-orange-bowl-classic-1-5b4d50efab4e3bb6d9c41d82ecb3f766.jpg

I dunno how fans remained intact. That football program should have been permanently eliminated. That stadium should have been torn down. We're not talking about paying players, or giving them special treatment... that happens everywhere. It's hardwired in college sports. What PSU enabled and committed was a criminal act that is reprehensible beyond belief. And, the team's legacy, as far as athletic accomplishments and appeal, will always be attached to the Paterno era. And, that era was also when his coach was raping children and the other coaches and school covered it up and allowed it to continue on and on.
I tend to agree with this. The NCAA and the Big Ten should have removed Penn State as a member institution. The degree to which the university administration looked the other way was egregious and reprehensible. They put the perceived integrity of the football program ahead of the wellbeing of children. That means they no longer deserve a football program.
I will give a pass to any player before or during Sandusky's crimes. I won't give a pass to any player who chose to play for them after. They knowingly associated themselves with what happened on that campus.

Reactions: strummingram
I grew up in the Quad Cities so for many years it was Illinois. But they’ve sucked so bad for so long that it’s kinda getting hard to hate them.

Exactly, at some point you almost feel bad for them as human beings and have to give props to the people still buying tickets.

Almost.

PSU 100%

Was going to say Nebraska, but if I'm being honest it's wild having a rabid fanbase that comes back year after year to watch a terrible team. Really a unique thing. Memorial stadium feels like a relic, built on successes of 20 years ago.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Iowa. Those m’fing fans are horrid! Haven’t won a championship since before my dad was born. @joelbc1 started it.

Seriously, the school from Hogtown, the team from Coral Gables. Ohio State because of Urban Meyer. Pedo State. Auburn.

ADVERTISEMENT