ADVERTISEMENT

Your Top 10 Hawks for 2022

mlb1399

HR Heisman
Sep 21, 2004
It’s that time of the year where football is around the corner and I’m really excited for this team. Once again, the defense will be the strength of the team and the seasons success will come down to will the offense be good enough. We know we have a tough schedule but I still find myself optimistic.

Having said that, I’ve been seeing some top 10 lists and got me think who mine are. Also curious to see what your top 10 looks like. I think once you get out of the top 4-5, you can make a good case for 10+ players to round out the top 10.

Here’s mine:
1. Jack Campbell- think he’s a NFL MLB
2. Riley Moss- DBOY
3. Sam LaPorta- hoping he can clean up some of the drops but he looks to be the prototypical Iowa NFL TE
4. Benson- he’s a thumper and playmaker
5. Merriweather- another guy who I think has good pro potential
6. Joe Evans- high motor guy who makes plays, can he get to 10+ sacks this year?
7. Connor Colby- outside of Linderbaum and Schott, thought he was our 3rd best OL. He got better as the year went on and excited to watch his development
8. Logan Lee- I went back and forth on him and Shannon but just liked what I saw out of Lee and thinks he makes some strides. Our DT depth is pretty incredible and probably should have 2 guys on this list.
9. Keagan Johnson- 19.6 YPC is pretty crazy given the struggles with our passing game. He just looks the part
10. Logan Jones- went back and forth on this. Magbe it’s the Linderbaum effect but a guy who set squat and clean records for DL switching to C, if he can stay healthy, hoping he’s the next great Iowa C

Reactions: Torg and nu2u
1. Tory Taylor
2. Jack Campbell
3. Sam LaPorta
4. Riley Moss
5. Kaevon Merriweather
6. Jestin Jacobs
7. Seth Benson
8. Connor Colby
9. Joe Evans
10. Noah Shannon

Reactions: mlb1399
1. Tory Taylor
2. Jestin Jacobs
3. Gavin Williams
4. Jack Campbell
5. Keagan Johnson
6. Lukas VanNess
7. Riley Moss
8. Sam LaPorta
9. Mason Richman
10. Joey Labas

Imagine at end of season

1. Petras (5th team all b1g qb)
2. Jones (Lbaum who?)
3. Richman (1st round draft pick)
4. Williams (2nd team all b1g rb)
5. La Porta (1st team all b1g te)
6. 7, 8, 9, 10 random players from defense.

I know our D is loaded, but any chance DeJean steps up and makes some noise?

I may have missed it, but who's in the mix for punt returner? Would love to see DeJean get a shot there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT