ADVERTISEMENT

Your Wednesday Mind-Blower...

torbee

HB King
Gold Member
A glacier roughly the size of Florida is disintegrating, rapidly. Likely to completely disconnect from Antarctica within next 6 years, which could raise global sea levels anywhere between 6 and 10 feet, creating a cascading "doomsday" effect for coastal communities.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I wonder if a city like Miami getting flooded off the map will change people's minds about climate change?

Probably not. Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Possible alternative explanations...
"God's will"
"Just a normal geo-climatic cycle"
"Liberal hysteria" (assuming FoxNews is still broadcasting)
"Space lasers" (assuming Q is still active)

Possible alternative explanations...
"God's will"
"Just a normal geo-climatic cycle"
"Liberal hysteria" (assuming FoxNews is still broadcasting)
"Space lasers" (assuming Q is still active)

Sun spots

Reactions: nu2u
I hope the Obamas don't ragret buying two homes barely above sea level...

no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg

Reactions: torbee
Dang. I bought property in the Nevada desert based on seismic activity. Guess I missed one that ocean front property.

A glacier roughly the size of Florida is disintegrating, rapidly. Likely to completely disconnect from Antarctica within next 6 years, which could raise global sea levels anywhere between 6 and 10 feet, creating a cascading "doomsday" effect for coastal communities.

If you put ice in a glass, and fill it with water, does the melting ice cause the glass to overflow?

6-10’? I think you might need something g a lot bigger than the size of Florida to make that happen! The ocean is just too big, coupled with evaporation and normal rainfall, just not gonna happen.

And, yes, I realize that this has taken place in the past. Obviously, Atlantis disappeared, along with a number of other communities worldwide, apparently. But this ain’t raising sea levels 6-10’

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT