ADVERTISEMENT

You're familair with "toxic masculinity":

Mar 11, 2020
What are your thoughts on the equal, and opposite versions of that?

Clearly the extreme ends of the spectrum are not good for the masses, but I don't know that anyone ever talks about THAT end.

*Just learned thia as i thought about it.

Apparently "toxic feminism" is a real thing

Toxic feminism can refer to a variety of ideas that some say are harmful to women and feminism as a movement:
Belittling other women
Some say that toxic feminism involves putting down other women in the name of feminism and empowerment. This can include making women feel bad about wanting to find their own identity.
Pitting men and women against each other
Some say that modern feminism can be toxic when it encourages people to target boys and make them cry.
Selling an ideal life for women
Some say that modern feminism can be toxic when it sells a vision of an ideal life for women that is self-centered, isolating, and indulgent.
Internalized misogyny
Some say that toxic femininity can involve internalized misogyny that encourages women to ignore their own needs to sustain others. This can lead to women feeling as if they are not as worthy as men and can hinder personal growth.

Nobody is going to call your wives fellas, you can actually answer.

"I dont think there is such thing"

"I think we need to respect all"

"I think we went past desirable and need to value the role.of a mother more"

C'mon fellas, it doeant all have to be red vs blue, you have brains.

From my view they aren't the same at all. Toxic masculinity is modus operandi for a large segment of men like of ignoring an injury to show their bravado. This sounds more like a mashup of misandry and misogyny in the above examples. I just don't think the words work as countering words.

From my view they aren't the same at all. Toxic masculinity is modus operandi for a large segment of men like of ignoring an injury to show their bravado. This sounds more like a mashup of misandry and misogyny in the above examples. I just don't think the words work as countering words.
Fair, so what would you say a more accurate example of the female version of toxic masculinity presents as?

Because most of us simply don't spend all day looking for something to get butthurt about and then run to the internet to seek validation of our thoughts. Nor look to argue about the silliest of topics.
Psych major MA in counseling bro, I'm constantly thinking about human interactions.

*im not even sure how someone would get butthurt about this.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT