ADVERTISEMENT

Youth SHINES in win

It could be a very good year. McNamara should be an upgrade at QB, line should be improved with another year of maturity, RB position seems to be in goods shape, TE should still be a strength woth Lachey, All and Ostrenga and WR should be better with Vines, Ragiani, Anderson and Bostick. TeSlaa and Rouse would be icing on the cake.

On defense our back four should be solid but we need to develop depth. LBer is a question mark but Higgins should be solid. I expect Castro to play alot so we will need one backer. Our d-line should be a strength. Not sure Lee or VanNess will return. Black, Grace, Daniels and Hurkett are very good. Not sure who would be the second unit.

Penn State looks to be our biggest test next year.

I'd agree with most of this. However the OL will still be weak. Another 8 months until they all are called back to service is not a good thing, given how absolutely unserviceable they were. I'm not sure they will ever be very good. Again it's the old saying the good news is everybody on the offensive line is back. The bad news is everybody on the offensive line is back.

I'd agree with most of this. However the OL will still be weak. Another 8 months until they all are called back to service is not a good thing, given how absolutely unserviceable they were. I'm not sure they will ever be very good. Again it's the old saying the good news is everybody on the offensive line is back. The bad news is everybody on the offensive line is back.
After this past year's waste of a good defense how could you ever think we will be great next year other than a soft schedule. We bought B10 champ tics summer before CJ's senior year only to see that season take a dump with losses to NDSU and NW that cost us a chance to Indy. Even with soft schedules and Kirk's conservative approach to keep games close we could lose to anyone. Really hope KF stays out of the offense but after 20+ years some things don't change.

th
After this past year's waste of a good defense how could you ever think we will be great next year other than a soft schedule. We bought B10 champ tics summer before CJ's senior year only to see that season take a dump with losses to NDSU and NW that cost us a chance to Indy. Even with soft schedules and Kirk's conservative approach to keep games close we could lose to anyone. Really hope KF stays out of the offense but after 20+ years some things don't change.
Bitter beer face

Expect a damn good season next year as yeah we will regress at LB but hoping with the talent we have and incoming talent we shouldn’t take a lump but Campbell is not replaceable regardless… looking forward to one of the best seasons of Iowa in a long time.
If we’re running the same predictable, unimaginative, pathetic offense, expect a 7 win ceiling.

If we’re running the same predictable, unimaginative, pathetic offense, expect a 7 win ceiling.

Yeah...same, predictable, unimaginative, pathetic offense that has broken your seven win "ceiling" in all of Brian Ferentz's full seasons as OC. Do you think before you type?

It could be a very good year. McNamara should be an upgrade at QB, line should be improved with another year of maturity, RB position seems to be in goods shape, TE should still be a strength woth Lachey, All and Ostrenga and WR should be better with Vines, Ragiani, Anderson and Bostick. TeSlaa and Rouse would be icing on the cake.

On defense our back four should be solid but we need to develop depth. LBer is a question mark but Higgins should be solid. I expect Castro to play alot so we will need one backer. Our d-line should be a strength. Not sure Lee or VanNess will return. Black, Grace, Daniels and Hurkett are very good. Not sure who would be the second unit.

Penn State looks to be our biggest test next year.
O-line has to be better. Defense should be fine. LB will be some work in progress but I trust the defensive coaches.
I think that TeSlaa is pretty unlikely. Iowa was there first but there are so many others now. Who is Rouse? Not familiar with that name.

O-line has to be better. Defense should be fine. LB will be some work in progress but I trust the defensive coaches.
I think that TeSlaa is pretty unlikely. Iowa was there first but there are so many others now. Who is Rouse? Not familiar with that name.
Rouse is a portal from Stanford. He's a tackle and really good. Would be a huge improvement on the line without a doubt. He visits this week and will announce next week. 6 fr 7 310 or so. Thought he played left tackle.

Reactions: Eledmonster

Reactions: Eledmonster
Rouse is a portal from Stanford. He's a tackle and really good. Would be a huge improvement on the line without a doubt. He visits this week and will announce next week. 6 fr 7 310 or so. Thought he played left tackle.
Yep, LT from Stanford, most likely between us, Neb and OU. Either he or Mason would need to flip to RT.

Rouse probably gets a better NIL from Nebby or Oklahoma than he'll get from Iowa if that is his biggest requirement.

JMO

Rouse probably gets a better NIL from Nebby or Oklahoma than he'll get from Iowa if that is his biggest requirement.

JMO
Possibly. With Proctor gone that certainly freed up some NIL $$$ for Iowa, KP probably had an offer north of 7 figures + his vehicle.

ADVERTISEMENT